Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck with kicking the weed ST. You may just want to sell that stuff from the start. Before when I tried quitting stuff with just putting the paraphernalia away, it was like it was literally calling to me from the closet.

I'm thinking that is my problem with successfully quitting cigarettes is that it isn't as big of an impact on my life at the moment. I hope that I quit before it does cause any problems but it seems to be a crutch right now.

Again, good luck.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with UP on the paraphernalia ST...FWIW I think you're making a great decision. Pot stopped me from enjoying full mental health for a long time.

There's a marijuana forum here if you're interested in communicating with others on this:

NEW! Marijuana Addiction - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
at the desk.........
2nd last day...!!!

made it to half time in the 2 year contract.......wasn't easy!

ST: Excellent work again mate..... Yes, the old bong in the cupboard (garden,car,friends house, down the beach) never worked for Obo..!

Up: I'm still smoking too........ it's not good!

Freein: Yes heading to the UK this Saturday morning. Staying there for 3 weeks. It should be good...... My parents in(out) law are a funny english conservative oxford graduated, atheist couple who I in all truth just have nothing in common with. The advantage is there is enough space for me to just go missing and stay out of the family tension which always seems to arrive......
Cambridge is where I'll be, so if you're around the area and feel like some strawberries and cream and a coffee let me know...! The cricket and tennis are on so I'll be in front of the TV/ computer for most of it...!

Hope all are well.... have to go and look busy again...

stay tuned..................

ST: Good stuff mate.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

But my beautiful glass tho! Hahaha I know it's not good to keep around, I'm already in the works of messaging potential buyers...not something I can really post on Craigslist lol...

I have a much better driving force now too, I really thought about it...part of my unhappiness is the fact that I have not even a penny to do or buy myself a single thing...and immense amount of guilt comes around buying even essentials for myself (underwear/socks, clothes, food, etc.) and that's not a normal way to live...I did the math at work today and it's shocking...my life is going to get easier by this point forward...I know it...I smoked 20$ a day lately, that's the lowest I was able to get to while still smoking...
20 X 7 days a week = 140$
140 X 4 days a week= 560$
My rent is 700$ for my half....

Can anyone say "no brainier"!?!?!

I'm not even really looking at it from an emotional standpoint yet, I'll see how that is when it actually gets here...but yea...I've been really stressed lately trying to figure out what my next move is gonna be and I'm gonna spend the next month/month and a half focusing on kicking this habit...honestly cigs were ROUGH! So was crack...this already feels "not so bad" to me...I woke up from a nap earlier feeling extremely anxious and "weird" and ended up crying it out with my childhood teddy bear lol...you know for a stuffed animal he's a really good listener!

I think I can do this!

Dee- I read thru some of the posts on the marijuana threads and they were actually insperational...someone my age telling me how much better they feel now is exactly what I needed to hear...thanks bud <3
Old 07-08-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Lol, I bet he is a good listener. That's one of the reasons I miss our dogs so much, sometimes it's better to talk to someone / something that will just listen and not talk back, or judge.

I'm sure it won't be easy but you can do it Ryan.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks so so much up <3
It's time, being a pothead is expensive as hell lol
Old 07-08-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That sounds a great thread, ST.

Obo, I can see why a trip to England might not be your most favoured way to spend your holiday, but at least you'll have the cricket to look forward too!
Will you still be able to check in to SR while you're away?

I had a call from a friend last night, we've not seen each other for a few years, but she's in the area and we're meeting up tonight. Luckily I'm driving so no problems explaining my alcohol free lifestyle these days. I'll probably end up telling her anyway because I'm so proud to be alcohol free, I can rarely keep it to myself!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You should be proud of being alcohol free, free. You made a change for the better, a true friend will always support you improving yourself.
Hope you have a good time.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey y'all, very heavy and emotional therapy session today, but walked out feeling fantastic...my therapist asked me what she could do to help me stay off the green stuff...it's really nice knowing I really do have help and it dosent have to be my messed up mom...I'm feeling very confident in this...
She also helped me look at myself a bit more in a more compassionate way...she used an analogy of dandelion children and orchid children....she said that some kids are dandelions, they are resilient, don't take as much work to raise and grow, can have the lawn mower go over them again and again and still be standing strong! And then there is the category I fall into which is orchid child...very delicate, needs some soft hands to tend to, a lot of attention, and are very sensitive...and that's what I am kinda! Lol

I needed a lot of care and wholesome feelings and I really never got them growing up in the situation I did...and it lead me to where I am now....

It's not like it really changed anything honestly but looking at it that way is something I never did before, I was always told I was wrong, ALWAYS...

So it's my time now to be the parents to myself I never had, as well as not isolating myself and embracing the love that others have for me that aren't necessarily my family...but will probably treat me way nicer then my family ever will...I'm always gonna be the "druggie" I don't think I'll live that image down in their eyes, and it's ok....

It's a lot to think about and I'm actually ready to think! I'm already feeling slightly more alert and awake just abstaining from weed for one day...I'm really optimistic and eager to keep this going...no more looking back in dread, only looking forward now and keeping MY goals in sight...
Old 07-09-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Freen- enjoy your time with your friend, don't worry bout the booze just enjoy the time
Old 07-09-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Obo- nice to hear from you pal and thanks for always being supportive
Old 07-09-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just something I want to share tho that really enraged me the other day...I was taking with a friend over Facebook that is trying to quit drinking. She's rather religious and I'm not particularly, but that's no reason I can't offer some kind words and support right? Well...another man jumped into the conversation and after going back and fourth, he basically said to me that I will never truly be sober until I accept god in my life...I seriously wanted to jump thru the computer screen and strangle this man...he then started belittling me and telling me that a secular path is not true sobriety and that my mind is still tainted and dirty...I CANT STAND people who think this way!!! Listen I was raised religious and I'll never bash someone who is a faith filled person...but where in the bible does it say "belittle thy brother" lol
It felt like I was being talked down to because this man had some superior connection with god, and in reality (how I see it) your talking with yourself, not god...the things in his head are HIM, not some mind controller floating in the sky...I deleted all these people but it really just is funny more then anything...Christians/Catholics are some of the most Judgemental people for being "pure"
Old 07-09-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I don't blame you for getting angry ST. That person is not a true Christian. I believe in God and am very ... not sure I want to say religious because I don't really identify with and group because of personal reasons. I personally don't believe God makes you sober, God can help but each person must choose their own path. If God makes someone sober then explain all the religious people who relapse.
Sorry for ranting on.

Funny thing is that this was on a daily bible passage that I get.

Matthew 7:1-2
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

When we view other people, it should be through a lens colored by the recognition that we were forgiven and saved by Jesus Christ. We were not designed to be the judges of offenses against God. Even more than that, when we find ourselves in a “seat of judgment” so to speak – we are to consider carefully the state of our own heart, mind, and life before passing any kind of judgment on another. One day we all will be judged by the One who is worthy and in authority to judge; that is, Jesus Christ. Remember Jesus as you consider offenses against you in this life.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm glad that you are getting helpful support from your counselor for quitting the green.

Also, thank you for sharing the analogy about children, very thought provoking.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't waste too much time being angry ST...for one thing it's facebook...and for another your recovery is yours and yours alone.

D
Old 07-10-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...
UP- what your saying is how I thought it was supposed to be lol...your doing it right I think

D- yea I'm over it already

It just seemed very pompous for someone preaching the bible...
Old 07-11-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Kinda quite here.

My anxiety is through the roof right now and I can't seem to shake it. That has led me to look at my current life. Which in turn has me looking at all the wasted opportunities, as I look back I realize that God (life or whatever) has presented me with so many chances to succeed and I've always seemed to make the bad choice.

Sorry ... I'm just going to sit here quietly and wallow in self-pity.

I hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

ST- I'm so sorry you had that experience. Yep, true love/Christianity doesn't act like that. But it seems that a lot of people in the name of religion do.

I'm super busy lately preparing for my new job and getting all of my little summer projects done.

But it's all good- hope all the fools are doing well!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

UP - it's never too late to start chapter two. I wasted a lot of years too but I've done a lot with the 8 years I've had sober.

There's really nothing stopping you doing the same, man.

D
Old 07-11-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Up- I'm only 29 and feel the same way!!! And then people remind me of how untrue that is...are they wasted opportunities or learning experiences? I'm trying so so hard to stop wallowing...it's ever so pointless and non productive in my life...hang in there bud <3