Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 09-30-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

I knew I was in pretty bad shape,....but after running along side both 5 1/2 year olds on their bikes ( sans training wheels ) this morning on the football field , ....I am totally worn out. One of the twins is so..oooo close to getting her balance,...I don't think it will be too much longer.

We spent the afternoon at a city children's art/ design/ science facility here named Muse. Fun interactive type stuff.

Keep up the great workouts y'all,!
.... true inspiration to change my sedentary ways once I'm back home grinding it out at work day after tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You all are inspiring, I need to start exercising again.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

SAJump in here Up! just a brisk walk 1/2 hr a day is great to relieve some of the stress and anxiety.

I imagine my enthusiasm for my program will fade when I start back to work in a couple of weeks, along with the commute, but there is an on-site gym in the building I'll be working at, so will need to take advantage of that!

Another day of shopping here....trying to prepare for DIL baby shower Saturday...I always make way too big a deal out of events like this....Niece is coming over here in a few to help me with the plan. I'm glD to be doing it for her though...she is a wonderful Mother to My Grandsons & blessings me again with anothe one. Her own Mom has never even come to a shower for her....alcoholic & unavailable to her.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Up jump in here Up! just a brisk walk 1/2 hr a day is great to relieve some of the stress and anxiety.

I imagine my enthusiasm for my program will fade when I start back to work in a couple of weeks, along with the commute, but there is an on-site gym in the building I'll be working at, so will need to take advantage of that!

Another day of shopping here....trying to prepare for DIL baby shower Saturday...I always make way too big a deal out of events like this....Niece is coming over here in a few to help me with the plan. I'm glD to be doing it for her though...she is a wonderful Mother to My Grandsons & blessings me again with anothe one. Her own Mom has never even come to a shower for her....alcoholic & unavailable to her.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Happy shopping, Mariah!
That's great that you'll have access to a gym when you start your job, what a bonus. All of my exercise is done at home, by the time I've driven to a pool or gym I could have done my half hour of exercise. Plus, knowing I don't have to go out reduces my excuses for not doing it - I literally have no excuses not to exercise.

Work is intense at the moment, I'm hoping by the end of next week things will have calmed down. I don't like working under pressure, it makes me anxious.

I'm reading one of Richard Carlsons books "stop thinking and start living", finding it really useful so far.

Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm only 1 mile fro the gym Freein & it helps me to work a little harder when I can see others working at it. I hope things quiet down for you at work....you'll be ready for your weekend. I am definitely going to need some Audi books for the commute...will be a good time for me to do some meditation/ relaxation too. Youngest Sons 17th Bday today......He is what people have. Allied an "Old Soul", since he was little, one of the most kindhearted people I know.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hope your son has a great birthday, Mariah. Enjoy the day!

I'm in for an early night tonight, it's been a full-on day today, or it could be that I'm just a bit of a wimp. Either way, I'm off to bed.

Friday tomorrow, and I'm in for the Bargain.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Shooting with multiple fatalities & wounded at Community College near where We live....prayers for all....my heart is breaking.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for the bargain.....lots of tears today, sick for the families, friends, students & Community...they are our neighbors. Senseless, tragic act.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mariah.

D
Old 10-01-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Prayers for all those effected.

It's impossible to make sense of such a tragedy.

I'm so sorry to hear about it.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Bloody guns.....
Gun laws worse than terrorism I see Obama as being quoted....

Over 200 mass shootings this year.

In the UK even the cops don't have guns.... And they've got the best thugs in the world.... (Freein...?)

My ex has been back on the case. I have ignored half a dozen requests from her. But yesterday after speaking with my wife, I decided to open communication again.
She is after all these years looking for closure. Wants to write to my Mum, see photos of the baby, be nice etc....
Now you all must remember I was a raving drunk when in that relationship...

So in the name of forgiveness and respect I sent some photos and let her write to my mother (after asking her of course)...

So after a couple of days in communication, I think both of us feel better about our relationship and how it ended. Peace has been declared. I felt I had to give her a chance to move forward with closure (whatever that is....) and that was what she's asking.

I feel better about it all now..... 5 years later!

IN FOR THE BARGAIN.....

GRAND FINAL FOOTY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

stay tuned...............
Old 10-02-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It is a shame about the shooting, what is this world becoming?
I am getting sick of Obama and other politicians using tragedy to further their political agendas.

It's good that you both got closure obo. You also did it the best way you could by discussing things with your wife and mother first.

I hope your son had a great birthday Mariah.

In for the bargain.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Obo, I appreciate a bit of notoriety!

It's lovely to hear that past hurts are beginning to heal, you and your ex are different people now, it reminds me of that saying about "the past is a foreign country, they do things differently there".

The weekend starts now, and I'm in for the Bargain.

The weather's beautiful at the moment, so hoping to clear up the garden a bit tomorrow.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Enjoy your weather free, I think we are having a bit of British weather here on the east coast.
It's been raining for days and expecting another day or 2. At least hurricane Joaquin is supposed to turn out to sea.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Great news Obo !

Another senseless mass shooting,..... it's like endless chapters of Death Wish around here !?!
Some folks think we need the millions of guns to shoot at gubment drones when "they" come to put everyone in jail. Something about the 2nd Amendment !??

Our relaxed gun ownership laws , .....and lack of Universal Healthcare are what makes us so darn exceptional though,......

Exceptionally ,..."what" exactly, .... not quite sure .

< fat, (check) ,,stupid, ( check) ,,.....there's more,....much, much more
....thankfully , nobody in our April Class !!!!

It's all more than a little embarrassing, .... in a psychotic sort of way. Dee, Obo, and Freein,...... be grateful for your national govt.'s high moral ground. We're a great example of how things can go south from time to time ,....like straight to Hades !?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for everyone affected by this latest in a long line of tragedies.

On the one hand, It seems almost silly to say this but it needs to be said at times like these more than ever...

have a good weekend guys - think about the things you treasure

D
Old 10-02-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Up, ...that weather system had me driving south all 8 hours earlier today in the rain. Felt great to come down to work on the scooter !!

It's forecast 100% rain later , but so far, so good.

Anyway, I like getting soaked ,..... give me an excuse to turn the dryer on !?! Normally use solar power for drying clothes

Old 10-02-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi All....I am house/puppy sitting for my Sis tonight & tomorrow night...just got out here & the little guy is "wound tight".

I just read a post from a teacher at the Community College where shooting took place...he asked everyone to quit blaming this on guns....feeling as so many of us that this is about people...parenting, values, the need for neighbors to look around them, to reach out to those that don't have guidance. More to it than that, but that was the just....so true.

Big day tomorrow...baby shower for Daughter in Law & New Baby Grandson that will soon be here. Has been a lot of work, but I am excited for the day...Love to you All.

Officially employed...I'm happy to say.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

When will I learn ... every time, not every, I type out a long post something goes wrong and I lose it.

Anyway
Congratulations on being officially employed Mariah, I can't seem to catch a break here ... long story.
Puppies are always wound up, plus he's probably happy to have a new friend to play with.
Have a great time at the shower.

I agree with the teacher's view, this is not the guns fault any more than drunk driving is the cars fault. People are the ones responsible.

It's a little to cold here tops to think about getting soaked.

True words Dee.