Notices

One Year & Over Part 27

Old 07-09-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots - I'm feeling much better thank you. I hurt my feet back last summer first and then in February. It kicked off or provoked an attack of gout in one big toe and Morton's neuroma in both feet (trapped/compressed nerves between toe bones.) I turned down a consultation at the hospital because the treatment would have been injections of anaesthetic and ALCOHOL in my feet - like I need that!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Not pontificating Mags.

IP,
Yes since he was talking moderating which every one of us here who made it tried every day in every way before we stopped putzing around with our delusions and quit drinking alcohol.

So that was why I suggested it. If you've never been give it a whirl. Just remember that you can just take what you need and leave the rest. But there is something to us helping each other face to face. Whaddya got to lose but your AA inexperience? Just go to see.

OLL,
Did you go? How was it?

RZ,
What?

Toots,
Whaddya mean you don't know where your crazy dreams came from? Same place your creative writing came from?

FG,
Sorry you had a bad hump day. Never watched any of the shows you guys are mentioning from this side of the pond. But LPB has started a series from your side of the pond here called "The Crimson Field " about a group of Nurses and Volunteers in WWI. The guy who played the Duchess of Grantham's (Maggie Smith) butler in Downton Abbey plays the hospital commander in this. We got sucked right in.

FBL,
Good news about your mom and family. We sold everything that would not fit in our RV when I retired and we were amazed at how happy we were with much less. No dress clothes just jeans and T's. Oh I did have a collared Hawaiian shirt for dress up. I had work sneakers and dress up sneaks. I was a Q-Tip, white on top and bottom. That's what millennials call us. It appears that young folks wouldn't be caught dead in all white sneaks. Now I wear Crocs every where. I've several and need two more types or so to be able to always wear Crocs. I need to sell a bunch now too!

Andy,
You'll do fine. Try Crocs! Do get your cervical spine checked though.

Sun predicted for at least the next week. Met with the folks and we might be set in ten days to go on the ten day list. Cross yer fingers folks.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I just got new running shoes (even though I don't run), and in my size selection was very limited, so I ended up with white with colored accents.

I was worried about looking like an old fogey--but they're a lot better looking than my last ones. I went to the store with my 17-y-o son, and he strongly disapproved of all the colorful shoes--so he insisted I order all black.

The things I suffer to keep from embarrassing my family!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, I sometimes get a very fleeting thought of drinking again. I also live alone, so who would know? Then I realize that I would know and I couldn't live with the guilt. Besides, I always keep in mind how it was the last few months I was drinking and I never want to put myself through that hell again. As for the boyfriend, it sounds like you're better off without him. I also need to work on some minor anxiety issues. I've made improvements since I quit drinking, but still find myself needlessly worrying about the dumbest things.

I started to de-clutter a little bit yesterday and it felt good. I have a lot of storage space, but I actually like to have it as empty as possible. Still some more stuff to go through. The hardest will be the stuff I brought back from my parents house. Lots of childhood memories tied up in those things. I have to remind myself that they are just things and I don't need to burden anybody else with them after I'm gone.

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I always tell myself, "I haven't had them in all this time--I obviously don't need them!"

Have a hard time doing that with books, though.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

itch, whats on second, who's on first

toots, foots still pain in my ass

and inpar, to thine own self be true always worked for me
Old 07-09-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi folks - another busy and draining day, but tomorrow is Friday - yay! And I can have a proper sleep in on Saturday this week which I am very much looking forward to

It's the small things that I get pleasure from now!!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys for the support. I am feeling really kind of hopeless right now. Everything just seems bad and my life feels out of control. I feel lonely. The breakup is going badly with continued &/$&ery on both sides. I just feel incapable of dealing and want to check out of it all, you know? I'm not going to drink that's not an option. I just feel kind of trapped in my life right now. Sorry to be a bummer just as the weekend is starting. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

InPar - 'Illegitimi non carborundum' enjoy your running and your dog. Set your limits and make sure suitors jump them with day light beneath them.

Gilmer - my wife and I are book lovers, our book shelves are double stacked (two rows one behind the other)

Itchy - great news on the dry weather.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP try not to allow your emotions to take over in communications with your ex, try to explain honestly ( in an email if necessary) why you feel (own your feelings- don't cast blame) the relationship was not going to work in the long term. It is easy to be led into a slanging match when there are unresolved issues and frustrated emotional residue, but that doesn't help anyone. If you can step back from you immediate emotions you will communicate better. As for the rest of your current life, focus on what is good and right - you are a strong, sober young woman in charge of your life, your dad is coming to visit soon and you are good at your work. Focus on the good things and be grateful. It does help.

FBL I would seek help with any anxiety issues, sometimes it is a case of finding the right tools to work with them. In most cases, anxieties come from a built in desire to protect ourselves from harm, we have merely allowed them to expand until they themselves harm us by their limitations. We need to learn ways to reel back the anxiety to the basest instinct to figure what we were protecting ourselves from and decide whether the potential harm in that scenario is actually worth hiding from.

Itchy enjoy your crocs, do you have a formal pair that come with spats?

Zip quote "foot still pain in my ass"? I feel you may have a lawsuit against your surgeon there!!! ( was he called Dr Nick?)

Andy, see I remember now ! I remember thinking your pain sounded like a worse version of something I get! Hubby gets occasional gout - not remotely amusing though for some reason laughter is the usual reaction when he tells people.!

Mags, let loose sweetie, I love reading you!

F.G . Good to see a little more of you.

Gilmer, just want to say I'm thinking of you. X
For those who don't know, Gilmers dear dad passed yesterday.
Here's my Friday tune peeps???
Old 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Gilmer, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I know what it feels like to lose a parent. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

We've finalized plans to go through my Mom's house the first weekend in August. Hopefully we can get it cleaned out and ready for my niece and husband to move into later this year.

Have a great Friday, gang!
Old 07-10-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.

Treerat! Double stackers? That's pretty cool!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Gilmer so so sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post

InPar - 'Illegitimi non carborundum' enjoy your running and your dog. Set your limits and make sure suitors jump them with day light beneath them.
Treerat, you are wise. I am going to think of these words often.

I do feel a lot better, thank you again you guys. I have removed my emotions from the equation.

Gilmer--thoughts are with you. So sorry about your dad.

I am a random-stacker-and-piler of books. My bedside table is covered with all the books I'm currently chipping away at.
Right now I'm obsessed with "A literate passion", the letters between Henry Miller and Anais Nin. Oh my.

Enjoy Friday evening overs.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thank you, guys.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Gilmer
Old 07-10-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oh Gilmer, my heart goes out to you it really does. I lost my dad 7 years ago after losing my mum 10 years before that and *man* it was hard... *really* hard. I felt like (and still do to some extent) an orphan, even though I was already a mother myself and into my 30's. Anyway, my thoughts are with you and I am very sorry for your loss
Old 07-10-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
instant

I had a drinking dream and felt the guilt in the dream. It was a no-one will know scenario- however I was away for over a week - many times I could have drunk- yes it did "cross" my mind- but then again many things do.

I dislike drinking dreams- but they do seem to serve some purpose
Old 07-10-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you & congrats Pip

Gilmer

Enjoy your books Inpar

My fingers are crossed for you Itchy

Hello to all the Overs i havnt mentioned
Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Magsie