Notices

Class of July 2015

Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by Mesober35 View Post
ready to try. Day 1
Same here. Feel a bit down today to be honest. Making an appointment with an addictions counsellor tonight so hopefully that will do some good
Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi, July peeps! I'm checking in on you from the May group. I want to encourage all of you to stick with it, even if you fall down and get a little bruised up from time to time. Keep coming back and starting over and eventually you will get tired of the whole thing and you'll find the steam necessary to just stay the course.

Whatever you do, be truthful. No one will judge you and you will be strengthened by your comrades in arms. Even if you feel like you got this thing down and you don't feel like you need to participate on SR, don't get too cocky. I did that and then I didn't have the tools to help me when I really got tempted and I ended up caving. It's good to be around those who are going through the same things that you are.

So, take it one day at a time, just stay sober today and tomorrow will take care of itself. Don't look at it like you'll never drink again cause frankly, how can you know that? Sobriety today. That's all we have to control is our behavior and our choices in the now.

Rock this thing, July folks. (((Hugs)))
Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

This is exactly my story. I am back to day 1 again. Way to go Canguy for coming back!
My head is still really foggy

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Okay I'm in pls.
2015 was the year to make some changes.....tell myself I've been making 'progress' but I guess it hasn't been progress towards sustained sobriety. Had January sober, April and May and weeks off here and there over the interim months. So at the half year point its time to try for the distance effort.

Have learnt a lot, now to apply again. I've learnt that I can be okay without a drink immediately from walking into the house from work. Learned that urge surfing can work......learned that you feel and look so much better about everything when you start your day without hangovers. That good sleep is marvellous.

But even more than all of this I find in sobriety a freedom from the past, every day is a new day , not one spent obsessively ruminating over past tragedies. This is so corrosive, it traps you back there going around in circles, using the same alcohol for temporary release that created much of the problem in the first place. Crazy.

So.......a new class, I see some familiar people here.....Martina, Hi...Casey, congrats. And look forward to getting to know you all better over the coming weeks.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 8 which is amazing for me unless I am pregnant! Sitting at a pool and so want a drink. Going for a walk and to get a soda instead. This is hard but the memories of how I felt mentally and physically with daily drinking is what I need to remember. We can do this!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi I'm on day one, again. Can I join?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 8 here. Headache gone. Feel so much better. Just have to stay busy
Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ordered pizza. Had to be done.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

You guys are doing great
Old 07-02-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Got into huge fight with teen daughter and am so upset. I have been trying to over complicate for being a wino and have created a child who feels perfectly fine making others feel bad, especially me, at a time I need to feel a shred of self worth the most. Still not drinking though it would be so easy right now! Hang in there everyone, let's really persevere and do this!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bobby MeSober and Daisy

Jeremiah how are you going?
Sometimes the best answer to 'why not' is 'why'?

Rem,ember where drinking has taken you, and why you joined SR - keep pushing through - things get better I promise

D
Old 07-02-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Another canny day. Same again tomorrow would be good. I keep reminding myself, I just want to be happy, drinking makes me unhappy, so I won't drink. It helps. Night all.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 2
July 1 is my sobriety date. Happy to be here in July class . I know I can do it this time. Husband and I are doing sobriety together. He found out he has serious liver issues. I don't drink as much as him but I have health issues also. I am doing it for myself but will help to have non drinking partner also. Also to come here for support. Gratitude for sober recovery forums.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

End of Day 5 and feeling pretty good. Tomorrow will be hard as we are having a small 4th of July party and there will be drinking. However, if I drank I would have to hide it and sneak it and I am sick of living that way. I want to be able to enjoy a nice evening with my family/friends without sneaking around to get a buzz. Just have to remember this when 4pm rolls around tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a nice and sober night. My 5 year old and I just made a cheesecake for tomorrow. It felt nice doing it sober
Old 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me! Woot woot! I think the last time I went this long without any sort of drink was last year when I had food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. Tonight I very much wanted a glass of wine or a martini when putting my youngest child to bed (he needs someone to lay next to him, which is sweet, but boring). I didn't. I had iced tea and watched a tv show and was actually able to remember the entire plot line when the show was over. That feels like a solid win. I have watched so many seasons of shows late at night and not been able to remember the plot lines later.

Tomorrow morning I will be able to wake up feeling "normal"..... maybe not great (not a morning person), but I know that I won't be hung over, dizzy, and filled with shame.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 3. I so want to be sober today please!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. July 1st is my sobriety date - Canada Day. I figure that was as good a day as any to start my new life. Yesterday was pretty rough, I had some slight anxiety and depression but today I feel much more positive about things. I've never been one to have a sober weekend, but I feel positive and hopeful. How is everyone doing today?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to the class of july RP
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Lost lily I too have a teenage daughter and I feel I have hurt her very much by my drinking. Not physically and I haven't been mentally cruel to her, I just made her confused by my forgetful behaviour and telling her off sharply, not being able to drive her anywhere or pick her up. We can do this - Inhave put a pic of her as a little sweet six year old in my bag and I keep looking at it xx
Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

A bit later I'm going to read through all of these and get to know you all a bit better.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

hi having some strong urges. trying to wait it out. it is getting better. but still there.