SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2015 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/370681-class-july-2015-a.html)

wittyuserid 07-08-2015 03:54 PM

I'm ending day 4 as well. The morning was tough...real tough but I got out of bed for the first time since Saturday and watched a movie. I was able to concentrate better today than I have in the last 4 days. I can't believe how much I used to drink. I hope I'm never that person again.

TheRepairman 07-08-2015 04:01 PM

I'm in as well. On day 3 right now. Normally not a problem for me until I hit day 8. Then it calls me.

Dee74 07-08-2015 04:14 PM

Welcome Brandie letitgo HFA hopscotch ceedaily and the repairman :)

D

Plath 07-08-2015 04:14 PM

My husband was kind enough to let me sleep undisturbed for close to two hours today, and I feel so much better. I sleep reasonably at night, but I don't think I realized how tired I was.

Thanks to that long nap, it doesn't feel like "that time of day" yet. I'm hoping my brain will continue to be tricked throughout the night, ha.

I'm so thankful for everyone posting here, it makes it so much easier to know that we're all doing this together, even if we're on the other side of the earth!

:grouphug:

JL2014 07-08-2015 04:27 PM

Our planet becomes small with a common goal.
I wish our Govts weren't so at odds with themselves and others ! Lol

JL2014 07-08-2015 04:30 PM

It evening here. I'm eating ( a lot), and settling in. Wife and kids gonna be late from vbs tonight. I'm feeling chocolate cookies

BobBFree33 07-08-2015 04:41 PM

I'm through my danger zone time period and finishing up day 5. About 2pm I craved. Its amazing it just takes a millisecond, a flash, and snap, my brain goes there! I don't think its an accident that just before that I had a few moments of actually feeling good. I was also a little hungry. I was able to brush it off by thinking about coming back here. So thank you!

Olivia2011 07-08-2015 04:47 PM

I've got another day sober! Something has changed in me. I've been hanging around here for months figuring I couldn't do it anyway so why even bother. I've had this attitude the past few years +. Pessimistic I know but I know myself with regards to alcohol.

It's almost like many years ago when I was pregnant. There was no option/no choice... I could not drink. I am also accepting I cannot drink. I'm loving my evenings sober. I'm loving my new willpower. I pray it all lasts. I don't tell myself that I'll never drink. I'm just looking at now. I swear the alcohol flush is already fading (I have a tan tho now) My gut is also shrinking!
I'm clear headed. I am having a wake up call with some physical things and that may be helping me stay focused. I made myself a big salad and now going to work in my office. I would have been nearing bedtime just a week or two ago.

I have to thank SR and all of you guys on all of these threads. To me it's kinda like an AA meeting yet I don't have to talk and feel really uncomfortable sharing. My husband used to get aggravated with me reading on my phone so much. He's changing and is even impressed that this is working for me.

JL - thanks for the hugs. We didn't get the best of news for my aunt. I will just keep praying for now. It did not trigger me at all. I'd say hungry triggers me the most ( HALT - hunger anger lonely tired ). Triggers to me are time of day, isolation (which I never thought about before ) and my stupid mentality to drink! Mostly my stupid mind!

Letitgo and everyone - I'd sure love to share game plans and tools. My biggest game plan is acceptance. Do I want to die early or enjoy my later years. I am 57 (act half my age), have worked incredibly hard my whole life and intend to enjoy the rest of it sober. God willing of course. Staying off the booze is my best start!

CaseyW 07-08-2015 04:53 PM

Congrats on making the decision to not drink today, Olivia. You're doing great.

HitRockBottom70 07-08-2015 04:55 PM

Hello All,
Checking in, day 3 here. My brain is mush after a horrible work week so far. Tonight I am off and would normally be getting take out and a bottle now. Actually 2 bottles, the one my partner sees and the little bottle he doesnt. It's good to be part of this group, and it helps reading your posts. I know it will keep me grounded and get me through the cravings and crazy tricks my mind plays on me.

KaleGrrl 07-08-2015 04:58 PM

I'm in with a new plan for success this time. Wishing everyone success!!

Olivia2011 07-08-2015 05:00 PM

Casey - thank you. You are a big part of my plan!

Sleepbetteray 07-08-2015 05:04 PM

Close to locking up day 3

I got off work a little early today. Wife said she pick up the kids on the way home. It's important for me to be able to get home before all the madness starts(two kids under 5):-) and chill for a bit.

I had a good day at work. I work in sales by the way. Many times when I close a fat deal I say to myself "this day calls for a couple cold daddies!" Aka 6 16ozs and two 24ozs.
I'm home, and didn't stop a the gas station for booze. I'm on SR being inspired by Y'all.
Stay sober tonight everyone!

HitRockBottom70 07-08-2015 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by whiteturtle (Post 5457648)
I haven't read much on the AV, but is this what everyone means? There are just so many rationalizations for why I would be fine if I binged on some wine tonight.

Yep, it's tricky and will try any way possible... Whether I am happy or sad, tired or full of energy... 3 days sober or almost 2 years. It will try to trick me with one drink, or a whole bottle...a birthday, a celebration, a vacation, a work dinner that everyone is drinking...
I think it's easier to look at our problem (AV) as something other than ourselves or our own mind... That just leads to beating ourselves up, which I'm sure we all have done plenty of. Am I disappointed in myself... Very much so... But I can fight something that is not me.

letitgo 07-08-2015 05:42 PM

I have been on here and lurking for about 1.5 years. I never seem to graduate from newcomers lol. From my oberservations the people that do the best have there tools lined up and get prepared for situations that may arise. They are day to day though. Too much future thinking can lead you into a bad place. When you have a bad day or an itch come here and post. Read the forums and use the know ledge of others. Do your best to not consider taking a drink because you don't drink. Not an option. A lot of people seem to barter on the forum. What about 1 sip, shot, or glass of wine. Nope one sip is out of the question every 24 hours. 1 day at a time. I wish you all the best. Please read the top links to books and what worked well for others. Really great stuff.

time4changeinWI 07-08-2015 05:46 PM

Just feeling anxious and depressed. Maybe it's everything, but I am an emotional wreck inside. Trying to keep all these emotions in check for the family. Any tips?

Dee74 07-08-2015 05:49 PM

I think early recovery is a bit of an emotional roller-coaster for everyone.
Try and get some time for you to relax - balance is very important.

Exercise helped me too - even a walk around the block can be useful?

D

HitRockBottom70 07-08-2015 05:53 PM

Time4change,
I just ate a huge meal and feel better. Going for a walk or a run, and watching a funny movie. Distraction and checking in here is my plan for a while.

time4changeinWI 07-08-2015 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by HitRockBottom70 (Post 5457895)
Time4change,
I just ate a huge meal and feel better. Going for a walk or a run, and watching a funny movie. Distraction and checking in here is my plan for a while.

Thanks! I keep listening to music right now to keep my mind busy. I will have to turn on a movie with the wife. Thanks!

Humbug 07-08-2015 06:27 PM

I had a slip on the Fourth of July but doing good now another day sober and hangover free. Just wish it was work free day. Hope everyone has a great day.