Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 16

Old 06-21-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What great pics, everyone! Happy Fathers Day
I'm too pooped to pop. Goodnight
Old 06-21-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You should see the HUGE smile on my face after reading all of those posts...except for phoebe's post, which made me

Yes phoebe love, get it checked out. Well, I guess you kind of have to now. But I am hoping the doc will be able to help you and provide answers here. Sending love. ♥

Oh Briar ~ that cracked me up. Not that this happened of course, that's not good, and lucky you caught it, but oh man that picture essay was funny!!!
And well done you...your reaction to this is most definitely a personal victory!!

What a lovely picture BD!! Thank you so much for sharing that.
Here's to our dads... ♥

Your mum sounds awesome Mark, and I love outdoor kitchen areas. LOVE them!!! And the food sounds fantastic...did you save us any?

Hello lovely Conquest. Hope you are getting real close to being able to wear the toofies.

Love to you too Arbor. Pretty special father's day at your house I guess.

Bit of a victory for me too today, did my job in 50km wind gusts. Far out.

So as you all know, today is my dad's birthday. My older sister is making dinner for all of us...we will be together tonight, and I will get a FABULOUS meal. Nice.

Missing Leigh...love to wolfie and Dee. ♥
Old 06-21-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your back pain Phoebe.
I'm glad you'll be with your family V.

nice soap BD..Hi Conquest Mark and Briar

D
Old 06-21-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Phoebe – sorry to hear you’re having such a terrible time with your back. I sure hope you get some relief soon.

Mark – you’re absolutely right, dealing with it hungover would be real bad. Speaking of, I was putting on some makeup today and remembered another little gem I do not miss: packing on the concealer around my eyes to cover the broken blood vessels from throwing up the night before. Sure don’t miss those little reminders.

Also, my sister in law invited me to a pub crawl on Saturday. Of all the damn things! It worked out well, though, because it put a swift end to my procrastinating on the anniversary plans – Saturday night dinner, officially planned! Boom!

Wow V, those winds sound intense. Quite an accomplishment, but I hope your poor skin didn’t get windburned. I hope the dinner is good. Sounds like a nice way to honor your dad.

Time for bed. Love to all.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sounds good Briar ~ which reminds me, yes Mark, might be the time for you to have a chat with your brother. I really love the freedom of my family knowing about me. No one EVER invites me to the boozy things. Or offers me a drink.

Oh, and Briar, if you drink for a long time, regardless of throwing up, you end up with broken blood vessels all over your face, and sometimes on your chest...it's horrendous. Just thought I'd share. (Thank God they healed).

No windburn...I wear good makeup.

Sleep well love. ♥
Old 06-22-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

My nephews and brother-in-law bought all of us (their mum, my younger sister and I) the most beautiful bouquets of flowers. They were presented with: we know today was hard for you, and we love you....oh, so so lovely.

I will take a photo tomorrow in the light so you can see my magnificent roses and irises.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Ugh, the concealer. And it never really worked, right? I always thought, why can't I find a good one? All it took was about a week sans booze and the concealer got tossed aside.
I don't miss the Monday morning dread at work either. I may even actually be a little excited to chat with work friends about my weekends, instead of being embarrassed, or feeling the need to make stuff up because I really hadn't done a ding-dang thing but puddle around in a fog.
Forward on! Look how gracefully you're handling this work stress, Briar! I loved the pics.
(Phoebe) I wish you were closer to me. There's a a fantastic chiro. nearby that's very gentle and has helped me a lot. Every once in awhile, I have to go in for a tune up and it usually does the trick. I hope you find some relief soon. Back pain is the worst. :/

The washing machine just ate my comforter. That means I get a new one! Woohoo! I think I'm going to go for the beachy, all white look this time....
Stay well, everyone!
Old 06-22-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh Venus! How very sweet and beautiful. Your post gave me goosebumps. Big hugs your way today, sweet friend.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Big hugs right back at you my love!
And now I have this image in my head of the washing machine that ate Texas...one comforter at a time. How the heck does that even happen anyway?
Have fun shopping for the new one!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks folks, for the empathy and sympathy. It is appreciated, because I get sort of depressed about feeling limited.

Honestly, most of the time, back issues just need exercise and such, and can be recurrent. The statistic is that 85% of the population suffers from back pain in their lives, and much of it is recurrent. There are more stats on lost work hours. It is one of the things that holds me back from trying to return to my field. I fear I would be unreliable, having to miss work for days when this happens. Of course, then I would also have colleagues to fix me! That is how we did it in the old days.

My husband was kind enough to take daughter in late to school for her final exam today. She can get the bus home. But that saved me driving, and not sure I can this morning. And it saved her having to go in 2 hours early on the bus. They only have to show up for their exams during finals week. So, she goes 2 hours extra sleep, which is nice for a teenager and before an exam. He is a good guy.

V, glad you had a nice dinner, and how nice to give you flowers! Very sweet.

You guys on the concealer. Ugh. I have needed it since being a teen, and it is really the only makeup I ever use, other than a bit of lip liner and color. Drinking made it worse, but I will have to use it always. We just have dark circles, genetically(my mom did as well).

Well, I need to stand up. Maybe back later. Have a good day/evening folks. Good luck with that mess at work today, Briar.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hope your back pain ease up phoebe love.
I'm so glad your husband took your daughter to school.
Hope she did well on her exam.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

How are my peeps?! It always nice to come home here isn't it? A place where we all understand.

Got the day off today. Tomorrow too. Last one then back to work. Less than two weeks paternity leave here folks. Not going to complain.

Hope your back feels better Phoebe. Those issues are no fun for sure.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

A nice run checked off today's list. Supposed to be about 97 the next few days with heat index 105. Now's the time to be a New Englander or Melbourne resident!

Time for my second and last cup of coffee, then off to see what I can do with this day.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Morning guys. V what an incredibly sweet gesture, and well deserved. I would love to see pics!

Conquest how very tragic that you must go shopping now . I'm in the market for some new clothes myself. Terrible bummer.

Arbor glad you got a good chunk of time off. My husband only got a week, and turns out baby and I were hospitalized for a week due to C section and complications, so I was on baby duty alone when we got home. He also traveled a lot for work. Thus began the months of darkness.

Phoebe glad your husband is supporting you so you can rest your back. I get back pain from tension, my muscles get hard as rocks. Stretching and a little exercise helps a bit, but I'm just naturally tense, strung like a fiddle my mom says.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Mark, just missed you! Heating up here too.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yea it's hottt here too. It's 85 degrees with high humidity and it's not even 10am yet. That time of year!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Settled into my SR and coffee spot. The chaise with the orange towel is a great morning place. The sun will reach me in about 30 minutes, then I'll be forced to jump in.

From here I can watch mom and pop bluebird labor in away. I've noticed that almost every time they go in and feed one of the babies, they come out with a piece of poop in their beak and carry it away and drop it. I imagine Arbor can totally relate. Oh the smell of our garage trash cans back in the day! We used a thing called diaper genie. Now that I don't miss.

Last edited by Mark1014; 06-23-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yep. We got three of those diaper genies. They actually work quite well. It's the expense of buying the diapers that I can't stand.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Three!!!! Now that should do the job my friend!