Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 16

Old 06-21-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds good Mark. It's a rainy Father's Day here. Might make a Costco run in a bit with the fam. Maybe rotisserie up a whole chicken on the grill later.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you! Same to you buddy!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day, Mark! Enjoy your country boy food. .

Happy Father's Day to you, Arbor, too! This is a special one for you!

Lazy, rainy Sunday here. Got fresh bagels for the Dad of the house. Later we will go to a restaurant he chose. I made a reservation. The kids made cards and I got some clothes for him. Need to wrap those. Son and Dad went to get haircuts. My son needed it! He is fond of having longer hair, but has very thick curls and it was lookin crazy. It is just hair, so I do let him grow it for awhile in between cuts. No more summer buzz cuts.

Hope everyone has a good day/night.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Wishing a very happy Father's Day to Arbor and Mark. I hope you guys enjoy your day.

I got my husband a new laptop bag, and later I'll take the little one out for the afternoon so he can relax and watch a couple guy movies that involve dragons eating people and things exploding.

We are officially inundated with plums. We are eating the ripe ones that survived the fall relatively unscathed. The rest are relaxing happily by a sunny window with no idea the fate that's about to befall them. I need to pick up some little jars while I'm out today as I used all the others to freeze a ton of minced garlic.

Also need to do some food prep for the week, grill some chicken and all that. I'm doing well with eating healthy and walking every day, and I'm losing the vodka weight really fast. I set a goal weight of 115 lbs (I'm only 5'2"), and I'm only 3 lbs away. I've lost 12 since February, so now none of my clothes fit. I guess I'll have to buy more. Bummer.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Happy Fathers Day Arbor and Mark. DD is away and won't get to see her Dad. She was away for Mother's Day also. She called. I took him out for breakfast and am making meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight. I got him an arm chair that reclines-he loves it, very comfortable.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Here's yesterday's soap, Apple Mango Tango
Old 06-21-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ooh, beautiful soap! I bet it smells amazing too.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Briar. It does smell awesome but you can't eat it, LOL. I was pleasantly surprised last weekend-the street fair I participated in was in an urban blight area. The crowd was black, Hispanic and tie died hippie whites. They asked a lot of questions and I sold a ton of stuff. Good to know that my demographic for natural body products is people with skin.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That looks awesome, BD! Do you use lye and do it all from scratch?

We have done a little with melt and pour bases. Adding our own colors and scents, and chunks, etc...
Old 06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My mom used to make soap from scratch. She got free suet from a slaughterhouse. All I'm saying is if you are going to wash yourself with that stuff, it's better if you don't see it first. Yikes!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just noticed that soap isnt a cake lol looks excellent
Old 06-21-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yeah, lye and oils first batch 2003, so it's been a while.

So weird having Father's Day and DD not here. Venus, I miss my Dad often. He died a long time ago, with me holding his hand. I was 27. He was 58. He never got to walk me down the aisle. It makes me so sad that he never got to know my daughter, or she him. They would have absolutely loved each other. My Dad was awesome. I'm one of eight kids, so there aren't that many pictures of the two of us.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Grill is going and my mom made creamed potatoes with potatoes just from the ground....will be so good. They have blueberry bushes and I really like blueberry pie.

The setting is so relaxing. They recently built an outdoor kitchen building....very popular thing to do these days. I'm being lazy and waiting for food! Here are some of the views....

Last edited by Mark1014; 06-23-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Last edited by Mark1014; 06-23-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Nice picture, BD. I miss my Dad too. He died 3 years ago.

Nice property, Mark. Looks like a golf course!

So, I put my back out again today. Had tweaked it last weekend and was doing ok, but was picking up towels today, and felt it go. Ugh. This is frustrating. Not sure I can drive and need to drive daughter to school tomorrow. . Will need to get this checked out once and for all.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great picture of you and your dad BD!

Sorry about your back phoebe, is it getting more common for it to act up?

Just finished dessert and I can't hold my stomach in very well....

I'll get sleepy on the ride home for sure.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

So I didn’t mention this before, but on Friday I discovered that when our crack team of tech geniuses and eagle-eyed managers designed our new case management system, no one bothered to make sure a particular letter continued to go out. These letters go out to every single client to inform them of their constitutional rights, specifically their right to my services. We are legally obligated to provide this information. I began to suspect something was off when I noticed I wasn’t getting the usual number of requests from clients. A bit of investigation revealed the problem. No letters have gone out in the past three months. Hundreds of clients. Hundreds.

And I was like

Then ten minutes later I was like

So tomorrow I will embark on a treacherous clean up project. But I’m actually feeling fine about it now. I know it wasn’t my fault, which definitely takes the pressure off, and I just feel a calm acceptance about it. I will do the best I can, and it will all be okay. I’m very pleased with how quickly I rebounded from the initial shock, and I never felt an urge to drink over it. A professional nightmare turned into a personal victory.

And if anyone tries to blame this on me, I’ll be like

Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad you can have a sense of humor about it too, Briar. Hope it's not too hard to backtrack and do what needs doing.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking, Mark. The back is always an annoyance, aching if I overdo. Mopping kills it. But this is different, and I had been pretty good for a long time. This today is more of a relapse from last weekend. I should have been more careful bending to gather up laundry, but was feeling pretty good...until I wasn't.

But I have been considering seeing seone to see what is going on in there. Maybe arthritis or disc issues. Would be good to know before launching into some sort of PT of chiro.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Proud of how you're handling the catastrophe Briar. Dealing with it hungover would have stunk right?

Phoebe, that back thing does seem to be progressing. Probably good to check it out. A few years ago I was doing a back exercise on the cables at the gym and I felt a distinct shift at a spot in my lower spine. Some guy had to help me get to the locker room and I lay there a while in the steam room until I could stand up straight. I have to be super careful now with certain things. I can't be aging...gasp!? Between that and my shoulder, naproxen has become more common. I should follow your lead and be proactive about what the root of the problem is too I guess.

So today I saw my brother and got invited to.....drumroll please.....a moonshine cooking next friday. Will be at a cousin of our dad's. Kind of an offshoot of the now popular craft beer hobby , but not necessarily legal I don't think. I thought I would choke on my tea when he invited me....��

I'm going to pass on this one. ��

Maybe it's time I have a talk with my bro