Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 7

Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
saoutchik

JOJO!

Old 07-07-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I see I have some major catching up to do.

I also see that some SO and AH's are being asshats. Mine is too. Constantly yapping at me and pushing my buttons. I just put more time in at the golf course this past week. Total avoidance I know. But it works for me.

I have taken a big step, and I'm taking another for announcing this to you all. I have enrolled in a course on writing. For more than 30 years I have had this voice inside my head (not a mental condition type voice) whispering to me WRITE! WRITE! WRITE. Not so much whispering it to me these days, more screaming it. Do I need to take on something else right now? No. lol But I can't not do it. I grew up in a house that was so dysfunctional and I was never told that I could do anything. I was told the opposite. I was called "Dummy" and I actually would answer to it. So that has always been playing in my head, on a loop, on repeat, over and over. But that's enough!!! I've always been to frightened to try. Scared of failure, embarrassment and rejection. But that has never silenced that voice telling me to write.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm glad I'm working at the store today. It's slow and quiet and I can mess around on my laptop. LOL

Jojo
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
JOJO!

SAOUTCHIK!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! DANCING MY HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!

Haha!

Jojo
Old 07-07-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hey Jojo - glad you checked in - makes some of us nerveous when we don't hear from our regulars.

Sounds like Sister, you and I are all having our relationship issues. I keep going back and forth. I mean she still has so long to go and I think maybe I'll hang in there and she'll be really nice and pay attention to me etc. but I'm not in love and that's an issue - I mean can you fall back in love? I don't know. And there's the whole Match.com things... anyway

Jojo you should TOTALLY sign up for that writing course. That is so great! I know what you mean about the growing up but sounds like it was your parents issues not yours - I'm reading a book "You're not crazy - you're codependent" where the author talks specifically about that kind of household. Interesting read - I'm getting through it now.

So sign up and start sriting away - I think you'll love it - to do something youu've always wanted to.

Hi there Sister and Saoutchick. I'm hanging in Amsterdam. I think I'm really boring these days - at dinner it was like I didn't have anything to say. Probably just a lot on my mind.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey Teebee!

I know, my bad. But I'm alive and well but most of all sober. Still having the odd twinge of wanting a cigarette. But it's because I romanticize it when I see people with a cig on their golf carts... the way it trails behind them in beautiful white ribbons.... wafting.... Grrrrr! I just want it. But I don't. Oh but I do.. That long slender white ciggie... I want to just wrap my lips around that baby and draw.... Then gag and puke. HAHA!

Jojo
Old 07-07-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Teebee, Jojo, Sis

I think my ex wife was smart - she got out from me in her mid 40s and has coped just fine without Saoutchik.

I think that women, on average, do better without a partner than men do

It's weird, I sort of like being on my own but I fear it too

I'm rambling so I will shut up
Old 07-07-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You don't want them Jojo - smelly breath/ clothes, brown fingers, brown teeth, clearing your throat to speak, expensive, bad for your health. Nah they were glamorous in the 190's but not now
Old 07-07-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I really will shut up now
Old 07-07-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Teebee, Jojo, Sis

I think my ex wife was smart - she got out from me in her mid 40s and has coped just fine without Saoutchik.

I think that women, on average, do better without a partner than men do

It's weird, I sort of like being on my own but I fear it too

I'm rambling so I will shut up
How long have you been on your own? And you still fear it?
Old 07-07-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

You don't want them Jojo - smelly breath/ clothes, brown fingers, brown teeth, clearing your throat to speak, expensive, bad for your health. Nah they were glamorous in the 190's but not now
I'm laughing out loud, even snorting. lol

I know and you are 100% right. I don't want them and I don't know why I keep dabbling in these stupid thoughts.

Jojo
Old 07-07-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I really will shut up now
No, please don't. lol

I like it when you ramble. You come up with some pretty enlightening insights my friend.

Jojo
Old 07-07-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Don't shut up - I like your advice. Maybe at the time you weren't the best partner but I think we'd get along great. I think I would be okay alone but yes I fear it to an extent. I don't want to be away from my kids and I'm afraid that they're not going to love me anymore if we split up (which I know probably isn't going to happen but it's a fear). And there are times I can see the good in her and the partner she could be but just don't know if there's an "us"... anyway I'll shut up now.

Jojo - I quit cigs many many years ago and wanted one for a long time. Finally got over it and now I'm very happy I'm not attahced to that habit but in times of high stress I will stand out with the smokers just to smell it. That seems to do it for me but I'll never take another puff.

Ok - going to bed now - it's almost midnight here and I got to get up in the morning.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Teebee, I wasn't an alcoholic when I was married but at 40 I had some sort of mud life cris is and started sleeping with other women which was selfish and foolish so my ex did the right thing

Most of the time I am fine with being on my own but sometimes (holidays especially) I get lonely
Old 07-08-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
saoutchik

OK here is a pic of the Lancia in it's current state. I think the last pic was just the chassis skeleton well it has the front panels on now. Still no engine (it is being rebuilt) or gearbox or brakes or interior
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150708_115737.jpg (23.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-08-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
saoutchik

"mud life crisis?" S/B mid life. Duh
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

"mud life crisis?" S/B mid life. Duh
Hehehehe.... Oh that hit my funny bone.

I like mud life crisis and I thought that's what you meant. Life is murky and there for must be a mud life crisis. lol I love it!

Jojo
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

OK here is a pic of the Lancia in it's current state. I think the last pic was just the chassis skeleton well it has the front panels on now. Still no engine (it is being rebuilt) or gearbox or brakes or interior
Ohhhh I love it!

But tell me Saoutchik, is the steering wheel on the right, but no, not that right, but the side of the car that I know how to drive? lol Hey that's cool cause I could drive that baby!!! All though I've never driven on the wrong side of the road before. Or the left , or crap, however they say it.

Jojo
Old 07-09-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

That car is cool
Old 07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

They are all left hand drive Jojo so you would be fine.

Strike on the London Underground today which is a minor inconvenience for me (a 40 minute walk in nice weather) Major hassle for people who commute a distance.

They even felt they could have a laugh at passengers expense
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150709_183216.jpg (43.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I love that picture! Leaving Amsterdam today. I really like this city. I had great food and finished a project. All that's left is business case proposal and endorsement, which will be done by the end of the summer. Yeah!!