Blogs

Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 7

Old 08-04-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi James - thanks for stopping by and saying hi and glad you're doing better and finding yourself again.

SB - Ireland is really nice - I liked Dublin and the country side - watch out for the pubs

Saoutchick - as far as the "trod in" smell I always look for things that have been wet a time or two. For me seems to be bathroom mats. I hate weird smells that you can't locate - one time it was a banana peel that my kids left in the van under the seat. I found it when it was all black (yuck)

Hi Jojo - did/are you sticking with your store job? Are the new owners being good to you?

My test went well yesterday but my stomach is still messed up - I'm hoping it gets better soon. I'm back at work and happy to have a real keyboard again .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OnMyWay7 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-07-2015), JamesSquire (08-05-2015), saoutchik (08-04-2015), Sisterbobby (08-06-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you're OK OMW.

Not much happening (quiet time of the year at work). Tube strike to look forward to tomorrow,can't wait
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saoutchik For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-07-2015), OnMyWay7 (08-05-2015), Sisterbobby (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Just another Thursday - going to see if I can make my Yoga class tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnMyWay7 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-07-2015), saoutchik (08-06-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hi all - Glad it's Friday. Tonight I'm driving out to my daughter's came (about 3 hours away) so that I can bring her for a family day at an amusement park. Then my SO is going to drive her back and stay overnight Sat into Sunday so I'll have a whole weekend without having to deal with any relationship drama (yeah). Sunday I may take the girls to the zoo and do some zip lining - we'll see.

Anyone have any thing good planned?
Dee74 (08-07-2015), saoutchik (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone, more to the point Friday evening everyone , yeeehaa!

I am having my hair cut this evening -1st time for ages, I was starting to look like Alice Cooper sans makeup (so that would be Vince Furnier)

Going to visit daughter and grandaughters tomorrow then I have next week off except for I meeting the boss wants me to attend

Ireland is a great place to go but as OMW says watch out for those pubs SisB
The Following User Says Thank You to saoutchik For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-07-2015)
Old 08-08-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Beautiful day in London

Saw daughter Jodie and grandaughters Chloe and Cyra they are all gorgeous (OK I might just be biased)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend

How ya doin Jojo?
Dee74 (08-08-2015)
Old 08-08-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi all - checking in from an amusement park in Hershey PA. Nice day so far good times with the kids
The Following User Says Thank You to OnMyWay7 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-08-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you had a good day OnMyWay

It is a beautiful day here for a change, bit of a shame I have been stuck in a garage all day but duty calls

Some Lancia aficionados have been in touch and showed me a photo Italian film star Marcello Mastroianni in his Lancia which is the same model as mine. How cool is that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150809_174234.jpg (44.6 KB, 28 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoutchik For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-09-2015), Sisterbobby (08-12-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Saoutchik. That is really cool. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday was fun and today took the younger kids to zip line. All in all a pretty good weekend.
Dee74 (08-09-2015), saoutchik (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey Saoutchick - I'm starting to worry about our little thread here -

Jojo?? Sisterbobby? Where are you guys?

Anyway - I'm still working through family stuff. My AuPair is only here for another week so I'm going to have to get used to not having another set of hands around. My SO is still depressed and it's not going to get better because she's depressed over our relationship - which can't get better because she's depressed - UGH- I'm trying to get hte kdis ready for School and make sure summer reading is done (which it isn't) and on and on.

And for fun I decided to stop taking my anti-depressants. I'm not really sure why I decided to - interesting isn't it? But I don't feel too badly and like actually having some normal feelings again - we'll see how it goes.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying sober. Sometimes it scares me when so few people are left on the thread - like am I doomed to start drinking again? But then I see so many long timers and know that it can be done that I can just never give into the AV.
Dee74 (08-11-2015), saoutchik (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It's a scary thought OnMyWay - I remember those (long) lists you used to of the monthly posters. That wouldn't take long now

Well i'm not going away OMW so you will have to put up with me
Dee74 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here I think you and I are on a bit more then the others. I'm going to hunt down Sister and Jojo though. They both need to come back. I like our normal foursome
Dee74 (08-11-2015), saoutchik (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi all - tonight is another couples session - I want it to be more productive but they just don't seem to be - I need to change my approach I think. Take a bit more responsibility and maybe even be a bit more honest... we'll see.

Other from that it's a rainy day so a good day to work.
Dee74 (08-11-2015), saoutchik (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The bad news - I have to go into work for a couple of hours tomorrow as our bankers are paying a visit (I have no idea what my contribution would be lol!)

The good news is that I am getting Monday off so no complaints.

I burnt my hand a bit with some chemicals this afternoon - nothing serious but it has slowed me down a bit

Is this your relationship counselling OMW that you are referring to? I guess some honesty is a good idea (not all at once though)

I hope Jojo and Sisterbobby are alright - Jojo said she was really busy and Sis has the move to deal with
Dee74 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I'm on my iPhone which isn't very user friendly. I'm good and I'll write more when I can get to my laptop or my iPad. Working 6-10 at store tonight. But I need to properly check in.

Mucho love to all

Jojo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo1965 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-11-2015), saoutchik (08-12-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

All these threads have an ebb and flow - it's the way of things.

I still know folks who were here in 07 when I arrived who are still happily sober. Don't let anything spook you - it really is possible
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
saoutchik (08-12-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hey Hey!

Okay I'm at work and on my ipad. We shall see how I manuever trying to type on it. lol

New bosses at the store are so incredibly nice and are so accommodating for me. So needless to say I haven't quit but they have adjusted all my shifts so that it works better for me and they genuinely care about me getting enough rest. For example they've taken my dreaded 8 hour shifts and made them 4 hours. I don't mind 8 hours but combined with Golf Course it's too much. I'm just staying active enough at the store to help and come end of September I will be soley at the store. I love the Golf Course but I will be glad when it's done.

I'm going on holidays in Sept. Just a short one but it's a special one. My dad turned 80 this year and he is the light of my life. When I was a kid we spent summers on the Shuswap Lake in British Columbia. He taught me all about boating and I became quite good water skiing. I have photos of me when I was 3, sitting on my dads shoulders while he was skiing. My Dad and I would double ski, 2 ropes off one boat and we both slalomed. Once my sister and I grew up, he sold off his boat etc. So it's been many many years since we have been to that lake. Whenever it's hot out my Dad always says to me "Ohhhh if only I was at the Shuswap..." then he goes into great detail of how he would float on his back and just enjoy.

So with it being his 80th year I want to something special with him and so we've rented a cottage right on the lake for Sept 10 to 14th. It's not going to be as long as I wanted but its the best we could do with everyone schedule. It will be just my immediate family and my dad, so 7 in total. So we will see if I can still water ski. Haha! Oh damn right I can! I am hoping its like riding a bike. My Dad is so excited!! My daughter said she doesn't think he should ski. Hah! I said are you going to be the one to tell him?? He was also was a sky diver, so I reminded her it's better he wants to water ski and not sky dive because a few months back he was talking about it.

Here is a link to where we are going. With being on my ipad I'm not sure how to insert the pics.

jmvan2's Story | Photobucket

I'm doing well but I need to make a point of checking in here more often. The AV has started up again and I don't know why. So I need to be diligent. Stupid AV, I wish is would just drop dead ! Oh but if it drops dead then that would mean i would too, so perhaps not a good idea. lol But why does it have to rear its ugly head now?

I'm also taking my writing course. It's lots of fun but I need to find my voice. THere is so much I want to write about it's so hard to try to focus it down to a topic. I still need to work on the fear thing and actually not become so terrified at the idea of someone reading what I write. I hope that comes in time.

I apologize for being so far behind but Saoutchik congrats on being a Grandad again!! That is so exciting! I cant wait to have some grandbabies!

Well I am going to send this now before I have something happen where I lose it all due to some ipad glitch.

Jojo
Dee74 (08-12-2015), saoutchik (08-12-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
The bad news - I have to go into work for a couple of hours tomorrow as our bankers are paying a visit (I have no idea what my contribution would be lol!)

The good news is that I am getting Monday off so no complaints.

I burnt my hand a bit with some chemicals this afternoon - nothing serious but it has slowed me down a bit

Is this your relationship counselling OMW that you are referring to? I guess some honesty is a good idea (not all at once though)

I hope Jojo and Sisterbobby are alright - Jojo said she was really busy and Sis has the move to deal with
Ouchies!! What kind of chemicals did you come in contact with? I hope it feels better.

OMW I have to hand it to you to be doing the therapy. I guess I'm just at the point in my relationship that it's like meeehhhh it will crash and burn or not. But in the meantime I have to find out what I want to be when I grow up. I'm running and avoiding and I know it but I feel like first things first, stay sober and get a grip. Before I thought if I got sober my troubles woud all vanish. Haha! What an assinine thought.

Hubby is out of town right now but the day he left my Mother arrived. She leaves tomorrow so I'm hoping for a few days alone. One morning last week I woke up at 4:00 am, and I literally was planning my Great Escape. Kind of was shocking to me, but I was. I was planning were I would go etc. Money always stops me in my tracks because I don't know how I would support myself. I know where there is a will there is a way but it's frightening.

Jojo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jojo1965 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-12-2015), OnMyWay7 (08-12-2015), saoutchik (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Just saw my Mommy Dearest out the door and I'm going to finish my coffee and head to the golf course. It's suppose to be a hot one today, 30 C. I'm going to make it short morning there today. I'm in celebration mode, my nemesis out there has been either fired or she quit. You know there always has to be that one person who ruins things and she has been a pain in the butt since day one.

I can't believe my luck, a sushi place opened up here in town and holy crap, it's sooooooo good!!! I sure how they can make a go of it, and for a town our size to have a place like that is fortunate. I think my kids and I are going there tonight for supper.

Hope it's a great day for everyone.

Jojo
Dee74 (08-12-2015), saoutchik (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Jojo - sounds like you're going well and the trip to the lake sounds awsome. I love lakes but don't tend to go often as the beach is closer and usually where the kids want to go.

Yeah - I'd like to just ignore everything but it just got too blown up and now we have to deal with it. I'll probably know by Christmas time what I'm going to do as our couples therapist believes you can fall back in love after 10 years of not being intimate I don't know if I actually believe her or not but ... for now I'm slowly pulling us apart. Next week we divide finances and agree upon that - we'll see how we deal with that - a true test of a relationship.

Anyway - I'm shocked I haven't had anything to drink going through all this but knowing that with one drink I could potentially put losing custody of my kids in jeopardy puts it in very clear perspective. No drinking for me...

Hi Saoutchick - chemical burns stink. One time in college (when we used to pipet by mouth) I got chemical burns on my lips - really hurt and I couldn't eat for the few days 0- they really stink.

Take care all
The Following User Says Thank You to OnMyWay7 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-12-2015)