Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 7

Old 07-29-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

SisterB. So proud of you -0 I agree with Saoutchik that a new life in a new place. It will probably help your sobriety as well.
I wish you strength while you pack and happiness in your new place.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
saoutchik

7 months sober today
Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
7 months sober today
Good job!!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Jojo. Showing the Kharmann Ghia sounds great - there can't be too many of them about. They are getting quite rare.

Have you got used to the offset pedals?
OMW, Italy!! WOW!!!! Have a great time!!! You deserve it... and yes, I'll read on and see if that includes the SO.... Haha! Saouchik I'm glad you asked cause that's what I thought of!

Again I'm late to the dance but holy man, I've been busy and I'm still tired, blah blah blah.... Okay off to read more..

Oh and Saoutchik (I'm totally messing up spelling that--sorry lol) I'm still not use to those offset pedals. But I don't drive it that often. Not as much as I want, that's okay.

Oh and still superbly sober and tastefully tobacco free!

Jojo
Old 07-30-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

7 months sober today
Woooooo hooooo!!

Wow! It seems like yesterday I was reading you had been sober 3 weeks and I was so envious as I was on day 2 or something. lol

I'm so proud of you, and so very happy for you!

Big hugs my friend!

Jojo
Old 07-31-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Congratulations Saoutchik this is a fantastic accomplishment. Any baby news?

Me. It's my last day in Italy - we're in Venice and will spend some time walking around but mostly packing and getting ready to go home tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I am so far behind, but I am determined to stick to it this time. The coming 4th will be one month for me. I haven't checked in the july class yet, but i will.
My daughter is getting married on oct 3rd, maybe baby in the near future for them. I can be a grandma for the first time...
I have to work today and off for the next 4, just busy packing. No more crying, at least for the last few days. I can talk about it without getting all teary eye. Progressing...
I met my kindred spirit yesterday out of the blue. Thanks you God.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Daughter just admitted to maternity ward

Your doing great SisB
Old 07-31-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
saoutchik

There is 1 new Saoutchik in the world!

A girl

8lbs 5 oz/ 3.77 KG

Mum and baby both fine
Old 07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
saoutchik

She has a name - Cyra (not sure of the pronunciation yet, it is a new name to this old guy)
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Congratulation Saoutchik. Nice size for a baby. I'm so happy for you and your family.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats saoutchik - and best wishes to all

D
Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Sis Thanks Dee

Went to visit today - they are home and both doing fine
Old 08-02-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Wow, now a days you're lucky to stay overnight in the hospital for anything. I remember with my first baby, i wanted to live asap, but second one they had to push me out kicking and screaming. lol

New baby's are so much fun/work. Enjoy them saoutchik...
Old 08-02-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You're right Sis they don't hang about these days

How was Venice OMW?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Congratulations Grandpa!! I'm glad they're home and doing well. Joao and Sister seems like we're all doing well fighting off booze and smokes.

Italy was great and I liked Venice but Tuscany was my favorite. I'm glad to be home. I come home to a scheduled colonoscopy as I'm over 50 - that's today at 2 but I'm proud that I'm getting these screenings done.

My SO and I are going to divide up finances. I need to do this so she realizes where the money goes and how much she really has. I make more then she does and this trip while we were having our drama moment she said for me to move out and I had to tell her she couldn't afford the house. She swore she could but she can't and I really need her to understand her situation. So it's going to be interesting - we're going to divide them in August and start paying our "share" in October. Probably 60:40. Or as she said 62:38 lol.

Anyway I'm glad to be home and very happy I got to see Italy.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm glad you enjoyed Italy OMW depicted the early drama. I just thought with Venice it's just too film set ish, hardly anyone actually lives there these days except a few multi millionaires. My ex wife loved Milan, for the clothes and the ceramics and of course northern Italy does make the odd fast car

Probably makes sense to seperate the money 50/50 sounds equitable to me. Interest rates are historically low at the moment but won't stay low forever so that may be a factor in the future.

There is a faint "trod in" smell on my balcony - checked my shoes it's not them, maybe it's coming from somewhere else. Hmm

Jojo mentioned the January days, it does seem hard to believe we got this far (including you in this Sisterbobby). The thread has thinned out a lot which is only natural but i'm honoured to be a part of it, being accountable and having people who know what i'm going through is an immense help
Old 08-03-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Boxes, boxes, boxes, I am in a sea of boxes. I hope to have a moving company come out this friday. Now find a storage place.

Yes, I am glad too you enjoyed yourself in Italy, OMW. **** happens at the most unexpected times. When my daughter gets done with school, i am taking her to Ireland. Well, that's my plan today. But the way my life has been...????

I spend a lot of time reminiscing, some good and some bad and some very ******. This morning while packing I was gathering all the spare change around and packed the coin jar away. I remembered that my AH had razor blades in his coin jar. I never understood why but know I do. He was more concerned for his coins well being then my/kids fingers. Sick, he is sick...
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi January 2015 Friends

Just popped in to say hello.

Satoutchik ... What a year is has been for you - 7 months sober and a baby grand-daughter, to boot. Congratulations on both accounts. ( congratulations also on the 3 rd Test).
Jojo ... Glad to see you're rolling along in your joyous sober way. You add a certain enthusiasm to this group that helps it keep on keeping on.
SB ... Looks like it's all panning out for you. You seem more determined and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you the best.

As for me, I've been busy. Drink substantially less but not totally; I've found myself of old. Thanks to SR, I'm happy again, gained most of my immediate goals.
I still look forward to giving alcohol up altogether but I need to get my mindset totally right. I live by the notion, ' I can't fix my problems but I can fix my mind. When I fix my mind my problems will fix itself'.
I haven't been this good for a long time. I've found the old me again and realise alcohol is not the answer to fixing problems. There is so much to gain by giving up the 'Beast'.

All the best guys.

JS
Old 08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hey Hey,

Good to hear from you James, glad you are doing well. I actually read your post several hours ago at work but don't often post from there, they know I have stopped but not that I am an alcoholic

Very surprised at all three Test results, no idea what will happen at Trent Bridge, losing James Anderson is a big loss.

Dog days at work now until September. Will take next week off