Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 7

Old 07-14-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I forgot to ask - have you been out in the Kharmann Ghia much?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I, too, think you have a very healthy 'just deal with it' attitude. A girl has to do what a girl has to do, right. Hope things work out with the new owners Jojo.
My stay here with my daughter is coming to an end, her fiance comes back this week end and this house is just too small for the three of us, however, she is going to keep my room ready for me. :-)
A few strong cravings lately but I'm doing great. I don't remember the number of days, but I think this week end is three weeks. So much is happening. Change, constant change. My psychotherapist released me into the wild. His evaluation techniques were so obvious the last day. Funny.
Later.
I need to google Bastille day?
Old 07-15-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great performance from LC. When I was at college someone used to play Suzanne every day in the common room

Your husband has moved out now hasn't he Sis?

Bit of a 'merr' sort of day and I havn't done any ironing for a fortnight so i've got that little joy to do. Some cravings tonight because i'm bored but it's 9:40pm so they should pass soon
Old 07-15-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Yes, he moved out and lives with his brother in San Fran. He is waiting for our renters to move out of our house across town and then he is moving in there.

The house now is just an empty shell. I really do not know what I'm going to do, sell, rent, rent a few rooms out??? I do not know. Returning this weekend and my brother is coming out to stay awhile. That will be nice.

Change change change...difficult at times but I find myself less stress and in a better mood. Dancing and singing in the grocery store and not worrying about what shape AH is going to be in when I get home. Relief.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

good morning, I have totally turned into a morning person. I find myself waking up between 4 to 5am every morning.
Also, lost over 10 pounds in the last 2 months, not eating AH food. He cooks mexican food and lots of it. And I survive on leftovers...AND, my belly fat is slowing shrinking due to no drinking, well almost no drinking, i think.
Well...Off to work.
Later
Old 07-16-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Sis, weight loss is an added bonus isn't it. I have lost some weight too from
a) not drinking
b) eating better
c) jogging

I'm not sure how much weight i have lost as I deliberately did not have a set of household scales but I can feel my clothes are less tight. I am probably still way behind Jojo

4 to 5am is seriously early Sis. I get up at 6 which is early enough for me. Good thing about a really early start is that you go to bed earlier and it is evenings when I have the cravings.

My boss, the company secretary and the production manager had a 'strategy' meeting today. I'm the guy who has to sell our stuff to customers and they didn't think to ask me. What am I chopped liver? Boss said they weren't going to do anything without consulting me - so why not ask be to the meeting?

Sorry, venting

Glad it's Friday tomorrow
Old 07-16-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Good day here - bright and sunny and warm. Kind of day you don't want to work - but I had to.

And you have a right to be annoyed. If you're selling the stuff you have the first hand experience of dealing with the customer. Shame they didn't invite you because you'd probably have the most valuable input. Some bosses don't do that because they're insecure - what a shame for everyone involved.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Off to work myself soon OMW7 and i'm still fuming about it. Hey ho
Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

feel free to vent saoutchik, "strategy" meeting without the guy doing the selling is a bad move. "power play". That's one of the main reasons I didn't get into management. Too many want-to-be bosses, everyone trying to one-up everyone. Not my thing.
My birthday is next week, going camping up the coast for a few day with my dogs next week.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sounds fun Sis, especially this time of the year.

The dumbest thing about my work 'thing' is that we are only 34 full time employees, not exactly General Motors.

I actually quite enjoyed being sarcastic all day.

Glad the weekend is here. Friday night is Crazy Golf (again)
Old 07-17-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Camping tonight in the mountains. It's really nice out. We'll be sleeping in a pop up so it will be really nice. It's very nice to be here tonight
Old 07-18-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

My daughter's fiance is returning this weekend, so I am home. Strange being here, but life's getting easier every day. It's hard to let go of the dreams you had, but respect and compassion between us were missing. Major parts to a loving relationship. I need to let go and make different dreams. And Yes, OnMWay7, life goes on. Enjoy the camping, Pop ups are fun.
My daughter and I are like best buddies now. I am so fortunate to have her, she helped me immensely through this awful ordeal. Back to work unpacking, after a small nap...

Hope you enjoyed crazy golf Saoutchik. Have a great weekend.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone

Some of the people that I went to Le Mans with are off to Spain next week on holiday. I badly wanted to go myself but unfortunately I know that the temptation to drink would be too much.

It's really annoying that I let my social life wither from neglect while I was drinking. I have tried (and succeeded a bit) to rebuild something of it but now something like this comes up and I can't join in

I'm really relieved that I stopped drinking and i'm not craving every day but I can't believe how tough it is sometimes considering i'm six and a half months sober

The upside is that my oldest daughter is due to give birth soon so I will definitely be here for that
Old 07-18-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I forgot, took this photo about 10 pm last night - almost-but-not-quite-dark, the sky was an exceptional dark blue

No chance tonight - slate sky now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150717_194740.jpg (30.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by saoutchik; 07-18-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: photo
Old 07-19-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Well my camping trip was a success. The girls had a great time and I got a hike in this morning. Overall a success.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your camping trip went well and well done on that hike. Not many places to do that in southeast England (at least not near me)

I hace been working on the Lancia all day.- i'm beat now
Old 07-19-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

did some therapy shopping yesterday (285 dollars), good thing I was in the grocery store and not clothing store. lol
Old 07-19-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey Hey all!

Checking in here and I realized tonight that on the 17th of this month I hit 6 months sober and on the 18th I've been 4 months tobacco free! Woo hoooo!

I'm pretty pooped out tonight but wanted to at least do a quickie check in. I think I'm hitting the wall as far as working two jobs. I just can't seem to get enough rest. So i'm going to have to schedule a couple days off. Complete offs, on both jobs. I have been going 7 days a week since mid May. I'm at the course 7 days a week, and at the store a few times a week. It's becoming too much.

I really like the new owners of the store. They so far are very good to me and I think they realize what I have to offer as in being dependable etc. This week they get to experience my incredibly lazy co worker. Haha! I haven't said anything to them about her because they will soon get to experience it first hand.

Well I hope everyone is doing well, I'm sorry but I have to go read posts to get caught up and right now it's bed time. Ugh!

Jojo
Old 07-19-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone's doing well

D