Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 08-17-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Have a good week, mate! Looking forward to seeing the website when it's off the ground!

Glad you didn't kill your TV! Works out expensive and even more frustrating!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day one hundred and thirty four. Another day and another dollar - for now. There is not much good news this side. I have it, unofficially for now, that the lay offs are going to start soon. We should hear about it officially today or tomorrow. It is really not good out there. I have been retrenched before, but strangely this time - I don't really seem to care too much about it. Business first.

Physically, I am great. I am sleeping well again. The RLS comes and goes. Typically I have it one or two days a week. I have a suspicion that I have had it for a long time, but I didn't really notice it when I was drinking.

Mentally I am good. I have put some more work into the business plan and web site. I really need to put a lot more into it so that I can get the EB to polish it up.

Emotionally I am ok. There are moments during the day, but I am coping with it. One foot in front of the other and all that.

Well, it is depressing talking to the guys in the office. We seem to have the same consensus - engineering is dead in this country. All the projects that are being done are by foreign companies with no local involvement. This is rather sad and it is going to destroy a few of the local engineering firms. All the more reason for me to get cracking on with my plans. Blouberg strand anyone?

Time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-17-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Bloubergstrand is the beach in Cape Town? Looks good in the photos on google... Sorry to hear about the engineering situation in SA. Get cracking on that plan B!
All the best!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Bloubergstrand is the beach in Cape Town? Looks good in the photos on google... Sorry to hear about the engineering situation in SA. Get cracking on that plan B!
All the best!
Hi amp - that is the one - Blouberg strand, Cape town.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day one hundred and thirty five for me. It is Wednesday and it is hump day. I have a design review today, not really looking forward to it. Bring on the weekend. Business first.

Physically I am good. I had a bit of discomfort last night with the legs. It did go away after a while and I slept great. My appetite is really good. I think my new favourite food is steak, egg and chips.

Mentally I am great. I have been working on the web site. It is looking good and I think there are quite a few nice twists and animations to it.

Emotionally, I am fair. One foot in front of the other.

Well, time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-19-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Steak, egg and chips! What's not to like!??

Have a good one, Zab!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Steak, egg and chips! What's not to like!??

Have a good one, Zab!
Ta amp, it just seems that this is what I am eating everyday. Maybe I should have a salad with it.

You too mate.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi ZaB, glad you're OK and so is your TV
Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hi ZaB, glad you're OK and so is your TV
Ta saoutchick, my own fault for watching.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is day one hundred and thirty six for me. It is Thursday and one day closer to weekend. I did not need Vaseline for yesterdays review. All went well, it just took the whole day. I was really expecting to be taken to pieces, but was pleasantly surprised. The weather is nice and warm this side. I even found myself taking of my jacket when going outside. Business first.

Physically I am good. The legs did bother me a bit last night. I find that if I get up and walk around a bit, then the pain sort of passes. I am not really sure what it is because I only feel this in the right side.

Mentally I am great. I don't have anything planned today except my plans for the future. I need to finish a few more topics in the plan and then finish off the animation in the web site. I also need to re-do the maths to scale up the recipes for the new system so that I can pass them on to the manufacturer to see whether the system is going to handle the grain bill.

Emotionally I am ok. There are moments, but I can only keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Well, today there are going to be big meetings taking place. Our CEO is meeting with a labour law consultant. This only means one thing. The inevitable has to come and it has to come soon. The news in the industries out there is not good. Companies are shedding their stock prices. The masses are hell bent on destroying the system. Me? Well, I have my plans and I am working steadily towards them.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-20-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your review went well ZaB

I guess brewing, non alcoholic or otherwise, is a mixture of engineering and chemistry so I suppose it is a good use of your expertise
Old 08-20-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm jumping in here without context but are you planning to see someone about your leg issues ZaB?

D
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Glad your review went well ZaB

I guess brewing, non alcoholic or otherwise, is a mixture of engineering and chemistry so I suppose it is a good use of your expertise
Ta saoutchick, much appreciated. You're right - just up my alley.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm jumping in here without context but are you planning to see someone about your leg issues ZaB?

D
Hi Dee, I am thinking about it. The problem is that it is not consistent. It happens mainly once or twice a week. I am kind of hoping that it is just something to do with the season change and old age.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is Friday and the start of day one hundred and thirty seven for me. I cannot wait for the weekend. I have quite a bit of work to complete on the business plan this weekend. Mostly about the marketing and the management side. Big meeting this side yesterday. Funny thing though, some of my colleagues are now very interested in investing into my idea. I think everyone is very worried. Business first.

Physically I am great. I slept very well last night. I seem to now have a craving for fried eggs. I had steak, egg and chips; toasted bacon and egg and a bacon and egg roll yesterday. I wonder if my body thinks it is missing something.

Mentally I am good. I did quite a bit of work on the web site yesterday. I have mainly been working on the look and feel of the site. I think it looks very cool so far. I have got bubbles that flow up one side of the page and I even have my logo (taken from the family crest, sort of). It does really look cool. I will do some more work on it today - I need to get all the social media stuff linked. Craft is like ambush marketing, we are not supposed to come right out and say something. Little man and all.

Emotionally I am ok. I keep moving forward and taking it day by day.

Well, as I said earlier, big meetings happening this side yesterday. The guys here in the office are very worried. It does not look good out there at all. Some of the guys try to make light of it, but one can see the underlying worry.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-20-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning. Zak, reading your post, I just want to eat a big fry up breakfast. Mmmm.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hey Zab! Investors queuing up??!?! You've got it made!!!

Site sounds great. Pm me a link when it's online! Would love to check it out!

Happy Friday!!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hi Zab and all...if this works I'm posting from my phone in Central Vietnam. I have spent a week trekking very close to the Chinese border. Amazing mountains. I had an English speaking guide. I asked him about the hemp plants we walked past and he said " nah we don't bother smoking that we have opium!" quote of the trip so far :-) I am now in central Vietnam...this country is totally fantastic.

First time for this tecnodinosaur to post on her phone :-)
Looking forward to catching up better soon
M
Old 08-21-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Hi Zab and all...if this works I'm posting from my phone in Central Vietnam. I have spent a week trekking very close to the Chinese border. Amazing mountains. I had an English speaking guide. I asked him about the hemp plants we walked past and he said " nah we don't bother smoking that we have opium!" quote of the trip so far :-) I am now in central Vietnam...this country is totally fantastic.

First time for this tecnodinosaur to post on her phone :-)
Looking forward to catching up better soon
M
Ps I am for once ahead of you timewise so I'm gonna say it..."catch up laggers" :-)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done for posting Martina sounds fantastic but watch out for those roaming charges, you don't want any nasty surprises when you get home