Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB

Brewing for the National Homebrew Championship? You never cease to amaze me Mr Z Go for it!!

On the wife front glad you got through a tough day yesterday.

She's left you in the dark and disappeared for the last 5 months without explanation? Hmm...dare I say that actions speak louder than words?

Its no consolation but I haven't heard from ex-husband since February and our wedding anniversary was 20th July. I waver between accepting it and wanting to track him down and let rip at him for being such a coward and showing such a lack of respect Grrr...roaring with anger as I'm typing this!!

Anyway you have come a long way Mr Z in the last 5 months and for that you can be rightly proud of what you have achieved

I think we need a

Have a good day

m
Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I don't know what makes people be able to simply walk away and close the door on a life-long promise and expect no come-back. Maybe they believe that an explanation is superfluous.

Descartes said something along the lines of "the more I know (about the world), the less I understand". I am strongly in the Cartesian camp in this regard.

Have a good day!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Some couples split and never speak to each other again.

My wife divorced me (with good reason i might add) but we had children in late teens at the time plus mutual friends so saw each other occasionally.

I expect your wife is deciding what to do. Your getting sober for 4 and a half months is a great achievement and may make a difference but even if not it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Good luck with work and with meeting the brewers
Old 08-12-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I think it's fine to never speak to one another again after a matter is settled but before that it doesn't seem right to leave one party entirely in the dark.

Anyway, totally agree that 4 and a half months of sobriety is a much better place to be in to deal with any kind of conflict
Old 08-12-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Morning ZaB

Brewing for the National Homebrew Championship? You never cease to amaze me Mr Z Go for it!!

On the wife front glad you got through a tough day yesterday.

She's left you in the dark and disappeared for the last 5 months without explanation? Hmm...dare I say that actions speak louder than words?

Its no consolation but I haven't heard from ex-husband since February and our wedding anniversary was 20th July. I waver between accepting it and wanting to track him down and let rip at him for being such a coward and showing such a lack of respect Grrr...roaring with anger as I'm typing this!!

Anyway you have come a long way Mr Z in the last 5 months and for that you can be rightly proud of what you have achieved

I think we need a

Have a good day

m
Ta m, nobody said life was easy.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
I don't know what makes people be able to simply walk away and close the door on a life-long promise and expect no come-back. Maybe they believe that an explanation is superfluous.

Descartes said something along the lines of "the more I know (about the world), the less I understand". I am strongly in the Cartesian camp in this regard.

Have a good day!
Ta amp, the guy from the eagles stole that and pretty much said the same thing. Heart of the matter?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Some couples split and never speak to each other again.

My wife divorced me (with good reason i might add) but we had children in late teens at the time plus mutual friends so saw each other occasionally.

I expect your wife is deciding what to do. Your getting sober for 4 and a half months is a great achievement and may make a difference but even if not it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Good luck with work and with meeting the brewers
Ta saoutchick, somehow I suspect there is more to it than I am aware of.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I think it's fine to never speak to one another again after a matter is settled but before that it doesn't seem right to leave one party entirely in the dark.

Anyway, totally agree that 4 and a half months of sobriety is a much better place to be in to deal with any kind of conflict
Ta amp, I don't particularly like things hanging in the air. One way or another it has got to be resolved.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day one hundred and twenty nine. The sun is out. There is not much of a bite to the air today. I think spring is fast approaching. There have been some very serious meetings taking place the past few days. I think the beginning of the end is here. We are on a sinking ship. Business first.

Physically I am good. Sleep was ok. There is a lot on my mind with everything going on. At least I still have a good appetite.

Mentally I am fine. I cant help thinking about the situation that I find myself in. This is not stopping me from carrying on with my plans, but it does take some of the mental energy away from where the focus should be.

Emotionally I am fair. One step in front of the other and all. I don't really have much time to think about this aspect of me at the moment.

On a positive note, the sun is out. No matter what comes my way, I have to think that it happens for a reason.

Time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB

I off on holiday for 2 weeks to Vietnam

See you when I get back

m
Old 08-13-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Have good trip, Martina!

Have a good day, Zab!!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB

See you when I get back

m
Morning m, enjoy the holiday.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Have good trip, Martina!

Have a good day, Zab!!
You too amp.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day one hundred and thirty for me. It is Friday and the end of a very long week. Things are definitely not good on the work front. Directors are walking around aimlessly. Meetings seem to be the order of the day. Management are grabbing at pipe dreams and straws. Not good at all and the newspapers are no better. Business first.

Physically I am great. I slept well last night and I am eating well. I think this weekend I shall switch to the silver cigar. Smoking is really doing me in.

Mentally I am fine. I am busy finishing the last of the costing exercise. I now need to start with the business plan. I think that I shall spend the weekend working on that.

Emotionally I am fair. I can only keep putting one foot in front of the next.

Well, it is time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 08-13-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

At least it's Friday! Hope the business planning goes well!
Old 08-15-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Have a great time in Vietnam Martina - lots of Vietnamese restaurants near where I live, for anyone who hasn't eaten Vietnamese food, if you get the chance do so.

I reckon you should quit the ciggies after 6 or 12 months sober Zab - there's a nice symmetry and quitting booze is hard for us drinkers so it should stay as priority no.1

Last edited by saoutchik; 08-15-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB

See you when I get back

m
Where in Vietnam?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

At least it's Friday! Hope the business planning goes well!
Ta amp.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Have a great time in Vietnam Martina - lots of Vietnamese restaurants near where I live, for anyone who hasn't eaten Vietnamese food, if you get the chance do so.

I reckon you should quit the ciggies after 6 or 12 months sober Zab - there's a nice symmetry and quitting booze is hard for us drinkers so it should stay as priority no.1
Ta saoutchick, I hear you. I think I will wait for the six month mark then.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is Monday, the start of a new week for me and day one hundred and thirty three. It was a nice warm weekend. I definitely think that winter is leaving us. She is on her way to the north. Business first.

Physically I am great. I did have issues with sleeping last night. I think the problem is that my mind is working overtime. I slept well once I did get to sleep, but kept waking up every few hours. Most irritating. I ate very well the weekend. I am very impressed. I even spoiled myself and drank quite a few of my coffees.

Mentally I am sharp. I spent the whole weekend working on the business plan. I read through a lot of other plans to get an idea what the whole thing involves. I must say - I am very proud of the mission statement that I came up with. I actually made quite a bit of progress - I have managed to complete about eleven of the ninety odd sections. I also started on the web site for the new company. I think it is looking good. I am going to have to pass all this on to the EB so that she can check everything and fix up all the wording.

Emotionally I am ok. The weekend was not as bad as I expected. I still have my moments and found myself wanting to smash the TV at one stage. I don't think I should have watched that movie. Sometimes, everything just seems to remind you of that person. One foot in front of the other.

Well, who knows what news this week will bring. It is depressing listening to the radio on the way to work. There is not much that I can do about that though. There are positives though, everything with my business idea is coming together nicely. The hard part is still ahead - raising the capital. I am confident however that this will not be too much of an issue.

Time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB