Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

I am ready to do this...
the time is now.
Thinking of all who are starting out now as I am, and sending best wishes for your success. Strength in numbers!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome olyrunner and FABL

D
Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a great sober day. I felt a little urge to stop off at the store tonight for some wine, but I didn't. Looking back, I was really tired. I think being tired is a huge trigger for me, and one that I need to be very mindful of.

Sweet dreams, Juners!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingDiva View Post
Hope everyone had a great sober day. I felt a little urge to stop off at the store tonight for some wine, but I didn't. Looking back, I was really tired. I think being tired is a huge trigger for me, and one that I need to be very mindful of. Sweet dreams, Juners!
First sober day in a couple of weeks. Hungover from a four or five day binge. Day one of forever is the plan! Happy sober day! I am also triggered by being tired and hadn't really thought about that until you said it.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi,I've started since yesterday June 1st,tried a couple of times in the past but never succeeded in the past probably because I didn't have anyone to talk to or joined any sort of group like this so maybe this time it's going to be different.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have heard of that HALT —never get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired. I think tired is a big one for me too. If I drink I am up till late, if I don't I am in bed really early, and that's not just avoiding ( I don't think). I don't really understand how drinking keeps me awake at night but it does ( I just get nothing done) Mayg xxx
Old 06-01-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Coji

D
Old 06-02-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Its 3.30pm 2nd June (West OZ) and the AV is kicking in as it gets closer for me to be going home
Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Sounds like a beautiful evening for a nice walk in the park, or maybe hit up a movie theatre. Stay strong Julie59!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks Troy ... yes will make myself take my dogs for a walk (their wagging tails always make me happy Unfortunately will just about be dark when I get home (Winter has just arrived over here...) but will still rug up .....
Hope all is well with you
Old 06-02-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 2 this cycle really has to end though I have lost count how many times I have said that. Had a great 2 weeks most part didn't even think of drinking (a lot better than a bottle of wine a night nightmare I was caught in till Feb) Sunday I woke feeling emotional just couldn't shake it by 7.30 I decided to have just one to ease the mood yeah right like that's going to happen. Why on a Sunday too madness why couldn't I have just gone to bed. So sitting here in work with day 2 of an hangover head still pounding but it's the tiredness thats the worse part.

Anyway I hope it has finally sunk in to my idiotic brain I can't just have one doh.

Hope all my fellow June classmates are doing ok today .
Old 06-02-2015, 01:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 3 here. I am in oz too Julie 😊
Old 06-02-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yeah, I can totally relate tiredofme. With me it's usually I decide I'm not going to drink, then come midnight I'll think, "well I've been up all day, will be sleeping soon, so one or two can't hurt".

Then sure enough, that leads to drinking until 4am, I get a crappy sleep of maybe 3 hours, so wake up still quite buzzed and sure enough, decide "time for another". Then I wake up again in a few weeks or months, once my body has decided it's had enough.

Totally with you on that one. No more! Hope you're doing well, and hanging in there.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingDiva View Post
Good morning Juners! (from west coast USA, at least. It's morning here). Looks like we have a lot of repeaters (myself included). What are you all doing differently to make it stick this time? This is something that's on my mind, I'm all for hearing your ideas.

Day 6!
Over the last few years I have purchased lots of books on recovery mainly in the first few days after a binge but just that purchased. Once I start feeling better I get complacement and convince myself I be fine just by not drinking yeap that's working. So for a start this time I am going to download and read the books also look around SR more. Would also like to find an idiots guide to urge surfing and maybe do lines *I can not moderate and I can't have just one* just kidding but I really don't know what else will get through to my dence brain.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Working the late night again with about 2.5 hours left to go. I have another 12 hour shift tomorrow... err tonight, and then there is the Danger of no responsibility for 3 days. :/ plan plan plan. I like whoever had the plan of exhausting themselves. Troy maybe? Will hit the park and pool with the kids and run and clean and hold a garage sale on fri. No booze allowed.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yep. The thought of the upcoming weekend and no responsibility is scaring me too. I think the plan is to be busy and use the money that I would normally spend on alcohol on something rewarding for myself.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Just checking in day 2. Nice sunny day but very windy. I was actually sitting in my car in the car park yesterday. But I didn't get out I sat for 5 or ten minutes. And something made me drive away. I even had my finger on the indicator to pull into another on the way home but didn't. I think something has clicked. Maybe my eyes are open and I'm thinking in a different way. I hope so. Feel anxious typing this for some reason. Still sober. :o)
Old 06-02-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

@SansaS a treat sounds good. I would never spend £10.00 for a dvd I wanted thinking it was too expensive then spend £10.00 everyday on beer. Nuts when I think about it.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yep I'm the same easy rider. I need to get rid of that ridiculous thinking though. I've been wanting to go for a massage for ages. If I can stay sober all month, that would pay for it.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

It really felt good to wake up clear headed this morning. Not the usual regret, remorse, and self-loathing.

As many of you have mentioned these first days are difficult, but the real problem is on day 3 or 4 when I tell myself "you didn't drink for 3 days! You can have a drink, all is okay". As I know too well this just leads to weeks of daily (heavy) drinking.

I know that I have a serious drinking problem and that I am most certainly an alcoholic. I look forward to not drinking today and sharing more of my story with all of you.