Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-01-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's time for me again as well. It's a new month and a fresh slate. For a few years I was in that pattern of on and off sobriety, but my father passed away in January and I have to admit I've had very few days since then without a drink. So here I am, ready to commit and do what is right for me and my life.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I'm in! It's going to be a good June!
Old 06-01-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I need to do this too on my own I am not learning how to live sober just how to be a dry drunk and hence I keep slipping 😕
Old 06-01-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm starting day 3. Last drink was 11:00 on Saturday may 30. Feel hung over this am. Busy day today. That's a good thing. Tremors gone this morning.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am here and also in need of support. This group has been so helpful to me in the past and I really do need all the help I can get.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi forabetterlife!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So I have 2 beers in the fridge from the last binge. Must poor them out immediately when I get home.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You're probably getting off shift shortly, eh?

Let us know when they're down the sink.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

New month. new start BBF. Dump 'em...

D
Old 06-01-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in too - got one full sober month behind me, going to see if I can make it a second.

Feeling some cravings but not too strong, AV spinning usual ******** story (look how well you're doing, you can have just one drink, just one bottle of Singha won't do any harm).
Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dumped and off to bed!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in for June! Good luck everyone wishing you all well.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh yes I have 2 left too. I put them in the bin but I'm going to fish them out and pour them down the toilet. Two songs on the radio this morning, one was called temptation and the other was by the temptations. I think the universe is trying to tell me something!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just a quick drop in from the Class of May 2015 to tell you that lasting sobriety is possible. And wonderful.

I made myself very accountable to SR in general and my classmates in particular this time. I welcomed everyone new to our class and did my best to respond to everyone's individual posts as well. Basically I have put as much time into my recovery this last 25 days as I have into my drinking for a long time. And it's working. I feel a sense of belonging and of accomplishment and serenity that I have never felt before in almost two years of belonging to this site.

Get to know each other well, stay active in here, and know that you don't have to take that first drink NO MATTER WHAT. I wish you all the best and am sure I'll be checking in every now and then to cheer you on! Make June your first best month ever!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 1
Old 06-01-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning Juners! (from west coast USA, at least. It's morning here). Looks like we have a lot of repeaters (myself included). What are you all doing differently to make it stick this time? This is something that's on my mind, I'm all for hearing your ideas.

Day 6!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingDiva View Post
What are you all doing differently to make it stick this time? This is something that's on my mind, I'm all for hearing your ideas.
Welcome to June DD.

First few days I can generally get through without too much problem, because I still feel like garbage, and am disgusted with myself. It's the following days when I'm starting to feel better that I have to watch out for.

Worst time for me is about 6 or 7pm. You know, day is over, getting dark out, public transport is done for the day, why not settle in for a couple drinks, right? So starting day 3 or 4 I have to ensure I'm out of the house at that time. Doesn't matter what I'm doing -- going for a walk around the lake, treating myself to dinner, movie theatre, hell, even just hanging out at the temple yard and reading a book. I'm not allowed to sit at home during that time though.

Plus buy a bicycle, so I have more mobility and freedom, as public transport shuts down around 5 - 6pm from here. Town is too far to walk to, but not too far to bicycle to.

Exert myself physically as much as I can, to the point of exhaustion (not sure how well I'll do, but we'll see). Regardless if that's just yard work, a run, or what -- exhaust myself though.

Always keep the house spotless clean -- floors, kitchen, linens, etc. I'm generally fairly clean, but could be cleaner. And you can't feel good about yourself in a dirty environment, right?

Then *maybe* (big, maybe this one) buy an alarm clock and try to put myself on a strict schedule. Wake up at 8am, work until 12pm, have lunch, play with dogs / do yard work / go shopping, work until 5pm, goto market if needed, cook dinner for myself and dogs, clean house, then 6pm - 9pm leave house and do something outside. From 9pm - 10pm relax with dogs in front of TV, have shower, sleep.

Sorry, this turned out longer than I expected. Congrats on day 6, and welcome to June! 2h 20m left for my day 1 to be over. Have you put much thought into what you're going to do different this time?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning. I am new to the forums, but looking forward to making June great. This is day 4 for me. I spent the weekend reading a lot of your stories - successes and struggles - and I'm very glad I found this community. Here's to June!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good Luck Folks..I'm in
Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
IAMLEO

I am in. I am tired of living this way. There's a better future ahead, I can feel it!