Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 15

Old 06-05-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I will phoebe...absolutely.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I am Tired after staying up stupid late watching that basketball game. I finally went to bed when it was in overtime because I get up at 6 with my daughter. But husband short followed and our favored team won.

Back sore again, but that is how mornings are. Hopefully it will ease up like yesterday.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I take ibuprofen too ~ I couldn't even walk without it right now.
I hope it is OK on your tummy, and you are able to get some pain relief today.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And to our darling Leigh ~

on 3 and a half years!!!! Wow!!! So happy for you love! ♥♥♥
Thanks so much, sweet venuscat. Love the purple 'sparkly'.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I am Tired after staying up stupid late watching that basketball game. I finally went to bed when it was in overtime because I get up at 6 with my daughter. But husband short followed and our favored team won.

Back sore again, but that is how mornings are. Hopefully it will ease up like yesterday.
How old is your mattress, phoebe? One that is just right for you is worth its weight in gold.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

(((Leigh))) 3 1/2 years!!! Such an inspiration

So glad you've got a good plan, Venus.
If I'm not being too nosey, what's the next step? Maybe we can chat you through it.

Ironwoman, I'm going to remember "one 1/4 mile at a time" today. And way to work through those cravings!

I hope you got some good rest, Chick!

Phoebe, That soup sounds awesome. And once my team fell out of the play-offs, I quit watching. Those games go so late! Don't they know people have to work in the morning?! Lol

From, 4:35 in the morning? Really? You're a gym beast! It's pretty awesome.

Arbor, The suspense is so exciting. A good friend of mine is due any day now and I know she's uncomfortable but patient. I hope Mrs. Arbor is making it through ok. Big hugs for your growing family.

Briar, I hope work is going ok. You're so close to 100! Way to get it!

TGIF, everybody!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Of course you're not being nosey Conquest....I really appreciate that I have your support. It's a very big detailed plan. I literally have things to do every single day to move forward here, all written down.

I think it would be too much and too self-indulgent to lay it all out here.
But I will share my progress...and ask for help.

I know I am going to have days when it's all still very hard...TBH, between grief and injury, this is harder for me than getting sober was.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Having a plan is a powerful tool for me too V, otherwise I can get mired down and let things fester too long. Generally that's not good.

Naproxen helps my back and shoulder the most, but I try not to take it every day.

Yes, many congrats on your long-term sobriety Leigh. We will all get there one day at a time. And my ambitious plan for a long weekend is to enjoy a few days of 'no shirt, no shoes, no problem' and work on my tan (sober) in beautiful Destin FL. I'll be headed back home Tuesday while the family remains behind to enjoy the rest of the week.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

So it's this weekend from? I don't know when the long weekends are there....
Old 06-05-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yep, time for a little r and r. Will post a pic to share sometime.
  # 91 (permalink)  

I always think of weekends as Friday evening through Sunday night. I think that you are about 14 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Savings time.
  # 92 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful time from!!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Soak it up, From! Sounds great

That plan sounds solid, Venus. So glad you found that social worker. She sounds like an angel on earth!

Gotta run to work for a paperwork marathon...taking it one folder at a time. I'm looking forward to some sunshine this weekend too.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Leigh, Congratulations on 3.5 years! That is awesome. Truly.

And, I do think I have a good mattress, though it is old. It feels good to me. This back issue dates back to an original injury at age 19, then a pretty significant episode when I lifted my 5yo daughter of the tub. She decided to pull up her legs, and there went my back. I just have some instability there that goes on me rather regularly. It is what it is. But I hate to eat ibuprofen too much. This week, it acted up after doing some scrubbing around the house. I suspect some arthritis, not just in my back. Only 50yo and getting some bumpy fingers too. Thank you for caring.

FAD, have a great beach vacation! It will be mighty hot down there, I imagine, but you must be used ot the heat.

Conquest, we are not big on either team in the finals, but we all like basketball. Both kids play, but my daughter is pretty serious about it. We also like rooting against the rather pompous Lebron James, lol.

Gotta get going this morning. Car appointment. Regular service, and last of my 2 years of free service I got when I bought it. I have a low tire, so relieved. So much road work going on around our town. I hope I don't have another damaged tire. I needed a new one a month after I bought the car! Nail. Grrrr.

Graduation in our community tonight. Going to help decorate the school, for the all night lockdown party they host for grads. With my daughter. That should be fun.

Have a great Friday everyone.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi, V. I hope you get some good sleep tonight. Hugs.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you phoebe, and goodnight.

So much love to all of you.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow you all have been busy while I was sleeping!

Leigh congrats on 3 1/2 years!!
I want to be you when I grow up!
Venus, I'm so glad you reached out for help. So sorry you are going through such a rough time.
From some r and r sounds fantastic! Enjoy!
Briar congrats on coming so far!

Grocery shopping with all 4 kids is on my to do list this morning, heavens help me. Lol. I have a feeling a lot of things will jump in the cart that I wouldn't normally buy.
Hubby and I have been married 14 years today! DD has a sleepover I have to drop her off for this afternoon, then the boys go to the inlaws for the night. I'm looking forward to a night out. I don't know what our plans are yet, but I'm excited.
He forgot our anniversary last year.... so I think he's making it up this year. I was woken for a minute before he left to work with a big happy anniversary and kiss. To me that was all I needed to make up for last year.

Anyway, off to start my day. to you all!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I always think of weekends as Friday evening through Sunday night. I think that you are about 14 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Savings time.
Cancel this. I see now that you were talking about 'long' weekends. Sorry; where is my coffee mug????
Old 06-05-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Wow you all have been busy while I was sleeping!

Leigh congrats on 3 1/2 years!!
I want to be you when I grow up!
Venus, I'm so glad you reached out for help. So sorry you are going through such a rough time.
From some r and r sounds fantastic! Enjoy!
Briar congrats on coming so far!

Grocery shopping with all 4 kids is on my to do list this morning, heavens help me. Lol. I have a feeling a lot of things will jump in the cart that I wouldn't normally buy.
Hubby and I have been married 14 years today! DD has a sleepover I have to drop her off for this afternoon, then the boys go to the inlaws for the night. I'm looking forward to a night out. I don't know what our plans are yet, but I'm excited.
He forgot our anniversary last year.... so I think he's making it up this year. I was woken for a minute before he left to work with a big happy anniversary and kiss. To me that was all I needed to make up for last year.

Anyway, off to start my day. to you all!
Happy Anniversary, ChickChick.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary, Chick Chick!