Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 15

Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning. Glad to have some old friends back posting. Ultramarathon??? wish I could run a mile! Walking is hard enough for me, lol. Never been able to get used to running, ever, though I have tried. I even have dreams that I run. Just too many achy joints and bad feet for it.

Today, I have a cranky back. I got out of a commitment at school where I would be standing and bending over a low table for two hours. So, that is good. Will take a walk later and try to limber up. My chronic battle with my back...
Old 06-04-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend octsobers

D
Old 06-04-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee! You too

Every once in awhile, bedtime hits before sundown for me. Tonight is one of those nights. And I'm so very thankful for it to be. Time to bank some zzzzzzz's!

How's everyone?
Much love
Old 06-04-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good for you Conquest. Rest is best! I should take your advice. I have a long day tomorrow. Night!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sorry about your back phoebe, hope the walk helped get you moving better.

I am a person that needs my 8 hours of sleep....sometimes nine.

TGIF gang! (almost)
Old 06-04-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Another sleeper here, always have been. I am sometimes up late at night, since having kids, just to have time alone. But, then I grab naps. Love a good nap.

Back improved dramatically, surprisingly, after some ibuprofen. I have tried to not always take it, but was worried today and did. It really helped, along with some stretches, moving around and a late walk. I ended up getting a few things done. Baked muffins for the kids, made a pot of soup for the grown ups. Kids won't eat my sausage and kale soup.

Hope everyone is good. Watching basketball playoffs here.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Glad your back is feeling better Phobe.
I am definitely ready for some rest. I've been sleeping like a log. It has to be one of my favorite things about being sober, getting good sleep and not waking in the middle of the night.
Good night all!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 5. A thought of drinking flitted past my mind last night, but I put it out of my mind with a near-term goal: 30 days.

Feels good to be back on track. Wish I knew how hard it would be to get back here after I took that first sip almost 2 months ago. I might have sought some other form of relief

yes, 100 miles in a day. Or, probably a little longer. It's in the mountains, so it's more like a really long hike. If I can do it, anyone can. You start small, just 1/4 mile, then keep building on it. It is key to find friends who are also into it. Doing this alone would suck.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Great to see you stacking on the days ironwoman!

I agree ChickChick. I especially don't miss waking up in a sweat consumed by guilt about what I was doing to my body and life while I tried to fall back asleep. That's over.

Up and ready to tackle the day. That's my general mindset and it serves me fairly well, but I also am working to enjoy the average day as well and appreciate it for the gift that it is.

Wishing all the gang a little happiness along the way today.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Glad your back is feeling better Phobe.
I am definitely ready for some rest. I've been sleeping like a log. It has to be one of my favorite things about being sober, getting good sleep and not waking in the middle of the night.
Good night all!
That was ONE of the worst things about drinking - waking up at 2:00/3:00 a.m. with a racing heart and troubled, anxiety ridden thoughts. Thank God those nights are over; still have some occasional insomnia but it's nothing in comparison.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
Day 5. A thought of drinking flitted past my mind last night, but I put it out of my mind with a near-term goal: 30 days.

Feels good to be back on track. Wish I knew how hard it would be to get back here after I took that first sip almost 2 months ago. I might have sought some other form of relief

yes, 100 miles in a day. Or, probably a little longer. It's in the mountains, so it's more like a really long hike. If I can do it, anyone can. You start small, just 1/4 mile, then keep building on it. It is key to find friends who are also into it. Doing this alone would suck.
I cannot imagine a 100 mile marathon (or the training). Hats off to you, ironwoman!!!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Another sleeper here, always have been. I am sometimes up late at night, since having kids, just to have time alone. But, then I grab naps. Love a good nap.

Back improved dramatically, surprisingly, after some ibuprofen. I have tried to not always take it, but was worried today and did. It really helped, along with some stretches, moving around and a late walk. I ended up getting a few things done. Baked muffins for the kids, made a pot of soup for the grown ups. Kids won't eat my sausage and kale soup.

Hope everyone is good. Watching basketball playoffs here.
Glad the ibuprofen helped, phoebe. I love muffins and soup. Is it okay to stand in the kids' line and the grownups' line, too?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Thanks, Dee! You too

Every once in awhile, bedtime hits before sundown for me. Tonight is one of those nights. And I'm so very thankful for it to be. Time to bank some zzzzzzz's!

How's everyone?
Much love
Hope you were able to rack up some good sleep, Conquest. I get it; when you hit the wall, you hit the wall - time to call it a day no matter what the sun says.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Good for you Conquest. Rest is best! I should take your advice. I have a long day tomorrow. Night!
Arbor, are you counting down the days?????
Old 06-05-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Venuscat, thinking of you, sending love and hugs, and hoping you are feeling better.

From, do you have any projects on tap for the weekend?

Briar - 96/97 days!!!! You are rockin' this, girl!!!!

BrighterDayZ - glad you got your daughter settled in RI; time for some R&R for you.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I saw a social worker today Leigh ~ I needed help.
I have had a few days where I felt a bit better, but for the most part not so much.
I needed to do something about that; I felt like I was breaking apart.

So although there is still no smile on my face, it does feel good to have taken much-needed action. The woman I saw was WONDERFUL. We talked through everything, and not just me talking and her listening....she responded in full. We went through my action plan, and she was very supportive and encouraging.

It can only get better from here I think.

How are you feeling love?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I saw a social worker today Leigh ~ I needed help.
I have had a few days where I felt a bit better, but for the most part not so much.
I needed to do something about that; I felt like I was breaking apart.

So although there is still no smile on my face, it does feel good to have taken much-needed action. The woman I saw was WONDERFUL. We talked through everything, and not just me talking and her listening....she responded in full. We went through my action plan, and she was very supportive and encouraging.

It can only get better from here I think.

How are you feeling love?
Venuscat, that's great! You like her and you already have an action plan; that sounds very encouraging.

I am so glad that you reached out for support.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

And to our darling Leigh ~

on 3 and a half years!!!! Wow!!! So happy for you love! ♥♥♥
Old 06-05-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning phoebe love.

Glad that your back pain eased up a bit.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear from you V and that you have some help. Stick with it, it sounds like a good fit.