Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 15

Old 06-01-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Leigh! And I am so glad you're getting back to feeling good and hope you're able to make some fun plans for the summer.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Did I miss your 8 month mark, FAD?? Awesome stuff! Congratulations!

You have had a rough road, Leigh. Glad you got some good medicine. I had pneumonia last spring and was exhausted for months. The inhalers were key to my recovery. I hope you truly turn the corner, now.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Looks like next week for baby arrival. Pretty nervous about it. The anticipation is killing me. Talk about being breathless...

Glad your back Leigh.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Looks like next week for baby arrival. Pretty nervous about it. The anticipation is killing me. Talk about being breathless...

Glad your back Leigh.
I am so excited for you, Arbor!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Thanks Leigh! And I am so glad you're getting back to feeling good and hope you're able to make some fun plans for the summer.
I will be traveling to see my little ones soon; can't wait. I am a little anxious about traveling in the 'flying petri dish' but I can't hide forever.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Did I miss your 8 month mark, FAD?? Awesome stuff! Congratulations!

You have had a rough road, Leigh. Glad you got some good medicine. I had pneumonia last spring and was exhausted for months. The inhalers were key to my recovery. I hope you truly turn the corner, now.
Thanks, phoebe; those steroids are powerful meds!!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I will be traveling to see my little ones soon; can't wait. I am a little anxious about traveling in the 'flying petri dish' but I can't hide forever.
That's funny Leigh, when we fly the first thing we do is get out the hand gel stuff and wipes to clean as best we can. Doesn't help much with the airborne stuff though.

Arbor, I'm ready to find out if there'll be another little guy or maybe an Arborette. Can't go wrong either way though!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

!!!!!Arbor!!!!! Super exciting

(((Leigh))) I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Those inhaled steroids have been life-changing for me (severe asthma). I hope you start to see a big difference very soon.

Phoebe, On a completely selfish note...I'd love for you to get a dog so that we can see pics!!! Lol. Honestly, I think a dog is a great idea. You know how much work they are and you're dreaming about it. I say, go girl! (And post lots of pics!)

Did someone say 8 months, From?
BOOM-SHOCKA-LOCKA!

Lots of !!!these!!! in this post, because there's lots to be excited about.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yep, enjoying a quiet day at home sweeping the pool and getting a little vitamin D. Gotta get ready for the beach later this week.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I wish I could drink coffee more regularly. I have been so productive and focused compared to my usual self! Unfortunately, I get s little arrhythmia from too much of the stuff. Oh well. But once in awhile seems tolerable, so I think I will see how I feel having some a couple times a week. Seriously seemed to be very helpful the last time I had some as well! I mean, I even took down the light fixtures in my bathroom and scrubbed them, lol.

I would love a dog guys....until someone tells me about theirs getting sprayed by a skunk or vomiting on the rug. . I had a great black lab mix as a high schooler and through college. He was awesome.

Arbor, so exciting! I pray all goes smoothly and for good health for your wife and new arrival.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Phoebe - my husband and I have always had pets except for our first four years together. While it was nice to be able to travel when we wanted, and we also enjoyed the blissful absence of pet hair, we both wanted a little something furry. When we moved into a slightly bigger place, we got our little kitty. She's the best, and we are sure we will always have cats. We've already decided that in the future when it's time for the next round, we're going to get two kitten siblings. There's just nothing quite like a snuggly little warm furry creature.

FAD - congrats on eight months! You and everybody else here inspire me to get there too.

Arbor - very exciting! Get that precious sleep now, you know how this is going to go.

Leigh - I'm glad you're feeling better and are up for visiting family.

Conquest - I hope you get a nice long break from the rain. I'm a little jealous though. It's dry as a bone here in CA. I read that we are actually looking to Australia to copy their strategies for surviving crazy droughts. However, I hear that conditions are such that next year should be an El Nino winter for us, which, if it's anything like the one we went through in 1998, means we will basically be obliterated by ridiculous rainstorms. Bring it!

V - how are you doing today?

It was a pretty good day here. I made some good progress at work, and my husband handled his own dinner. I had to go to the dentist at lunch to have a crown put on, which for some reason involved drilling. My dentist has a remarkable ability to numb my entire headexcept for the one tooth he's going to work on. But in the interest of saving time and avoiding more needles, I decided to tough it out. It was an inhumane few minutes marked by profuse sweating, but in the end my new crown fit perfectly, and I got out of there in record time. Totally worth it! I'm always down to make unreasonable sacrifices for the sake of efficiency.

I hope everyone's doing well.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats FAD
D
Old 06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm OK Briar.

Really excited for you Arbor!!! And hoping that Mrs Arbor is feeling OK.
Please give her our love!

Really really happy to have Leigh back posting with us. I missed you lots my love.

Love to everyone. ♥
Old 06-02-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Up and ready to roll. The gym is calling my name and I'm answering.

Happy Tuesday to the gang.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hope you have a great day from.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. My productive day yesterday is, of course, met with a kink in my back today. Well, it has been there but I worked through it and feel it today. I am ok, but not sure I should overdo things today with the cleaning. Maybe some back exercises and the elliptical are in order.

We would have a cat, Briar, but my daughter is very allergic to many animals. We had a cat until she was 3, and she was ok around him, even though she tested allergic. But, once we were without a cat for a few years, she began reacting strongly to them. Not even sure if she would end up allergic to a dog. But there are some dogs that are better than others, and so far, she seems ok around dogs. She is actually allergic to her own hamsters, but that is easy to control. They are so confined.

She is planning to volunteer at a shelter this summer. I wonder if we end up falling in love with a dog while she's there. I am sure she will work on us about it, lol. It will be a good way to test out her tolerance around dogs with intense exposure. I am bringing her and a couple of friends to the big meeting there tomorrow.

We have had rain for 3 solid days as of today. And I have a pile of muddy rain boots by my kitchen door. I thought it was all over once the snow melted!

Got some calls to make and bills to pay this morning. Have a good day all.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Popping in to say hi!
Day 9. I am so ashamed of my huge slip (landslide?) From February till now. 5 days was the longest I made it in all that time. I did that a few times. I'm all in now. No going back. I've been depressed and miserable. Alcohol really truly sucks.
I'm feeling much better now. So much going on with the kids and summer, I don't know how I would have done it drinking.

Looking forward to catching up with all of you if you will have me back!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Awe of course your welcome back ChickChick! Sorry for your struggles. It took me a little over a year to commit, so I feel where your coming from. Everything has come right down to this point in time now. You can make it work this time around.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh and Mrs. Arbor is doing just fine Venus. She looks like Santa in the classic stop animation TV movie, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. Very round!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Chick Chick. This ain't my first rodeo either. Good to hear from you.

Arbor, lol! I bet your wife loves that description, lol. Those last weeks are not fun.