SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 Part 22 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/367925-class-december-2014-part-22-a.html)

Dee74 05-23-2015 03:51 PM

Class of December 2014 Part 22

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html

D

Copper442 05-23-2015 04:29 PM

Thanks, Dee

BBQBiker 05-23-2015 07:12 PM

Thanks Dee.

BBQBiker 05-23-2015 07:13 PM

Hey Copper. How ya doing?

MariahGayle 05-23-2015 07:35 PM

Quiet here.....I had a nice day....leisurely morning, walked my Granddaughter Dog, then took a back rode drive to the next town over, where my little Sister & her family just moved to...she has only been about an hours drive away, but now only about 20 minutes. She shaved her head yesterday, she developed alopecia a few years ago, an auto immune disease, and started loosing her beautiful long curly blonde hair. We went for a walk & she was talking about her little Son shaving her head yesterday & she took off her hat & showed me, I hugged her & told her I was sorry, that I would cut mine & give it to her if she wanted it.....she has tried wigs, but not been comfortable with them. She said it is about a &1000.00 for a good wig, so I may see if I can start a little fund within the family to help towards that.

Lovely day driving the back roads, stopped at a little honey house & bought some local honey to see if that might help with Son's allergies. Followed a State Trooper back to town and was so nice to have now worries about it:)

Copper442 05-23-2015 08:11 PM

I'm doing alright, B. Nothing to report.

Mary, your day sounds wonderful. I'm sorry about your sister. It's difficult for a woman to lose her hair. My grandmother went through it on chemo. Not the same thing, but hair loss nonetheless. It's heartwarming what you are wanting to do for her.

MariahGayle 05-23-2015 08:24 PM

How are you doing Copper Girl? I am making shortbread for strawberry shortcakes with some fresh strawberries I bought today. Thinking about Marty as I was making it & hope she is able to come home next week.

BBQBiker 05-24-2015 04:18 AM

Good Morning Lovely Littermates.
Rain predicted later today through tomorrow morning including the time our parade is scheduled - oy. I hope they are wrong.

Marty - thinking of you.
Mary - so sorry about your little sister. Illness sucks and hair loss sucks the big one. Nice that she is living closer to you.
Copper - I'm glad you are alright. I haven't played my guitar in a couple weeks. Weird. Have you been playing?
Brynn - we triplets are at 170 days - wow, I had not checked in a while - time flies.
Shout out to all our Littermates - I hope all are well.
Do good out there everyone.

brynn 05-24-2015 08:27 AM

Thanks for the day count Sis B! ❤️

Hey Marty! We're still thinking of you and counting down the days till your back home! ❤️

MariahGayle 05-24-2015 06:57 PM

Hope you are all doing OK this Holiday week-end. I've had a good day....strawberry shortcake in bed with coffee this am, was a nice start:) went to a meeting, then ended up meeting my Son, DIL & little Grandsons at the carnival down on the river....went on one ride with Grandson & just hung out with them...My Son actually came over & put his arm around me & ask how I was doing, which he hasn't done in a very long time. Teen Son came home today & I am just back from dinner with him & his brother. I'm now headed down to my Moms to watch "Fried Green Tomatoes" with her....she has never seen it, and I think she will enjoy watching it, and not often that we have watched a movie together.

I'm grateful tonight to be spending this week-end sober, to have my Sons in my life, to be here & be the Mom they need me to be, the Daughter my Mom needs me to be and to be the Woman I want to be for myself.

It's awfully quiet here & hope that you are all doing OK & to hear from you soon.

BBQBiker 05-24-2015 07:08 PM

Mary that is wonderful. Love you and all you have accomplished.

brynn 05-24-2015 07:16 PM

Mary....sounds like the perfect weekend! And you deserve every good part of it!

BBQBiker 05-25-2015 03:28 AM

Good Morning Loveley Littermates.

Remembering those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for this great and grateful nation.

brynn 05-25-2015 08:23 AM

Thanks for that Sis B! Hope everyone has a safe and sober Memorial Day!

Did the parade get cancelled, B?

kittycat3 05-25-2015 01:37 PM

Thanks BBQ for helping me to remember those who have served for our freedom today!

Hope everyone has had a great long weekend. We had crummy weather here but still good to get some R&R. I quit smoking again so I'm a little cranky but otherwise good. Strength out to all our litter!

BBQBiker 05-25-2015 04:15 PM

Brynn, we had our parade just not able to do the flyover because of low ceiling and high wind. It was a great parade.

Kitty - I am struggling with repeated attempts to quit smoking too. Crap I wish I could flip a switch like I did with the alcohol.

MLD51 05-26-2015 03:24 AM

Good morning! Home every morning for the next 4 days now. MY dog is so happy to see me. When I'm not home he doesn't get let out enough and he pees on stuff inside. My son and his dad don't pay enough attention to him. MEN. So he's out with me now as I sit on my deck with my coffee. I have just enough time to do a load of laundry before I have to go back. Going to eat a bunch of fruit this morning to make up for the lack of fresh food at jail. The last 3 days were tough just sitting there. But only 5 days to go now.

BBQBiker 05-26-2015 04:08 AM

Marty, so great that you get to be home a little each day during the remaining days of your pokey stint. You got this - you're on the home stretch now.

BBQBiker 05-26-2015 04:31 AM

Good Morning Loveley Littermates.
More rain here today and tomorrow - this must be a record rainfall for May.
Heavy schedule the next few weeks - but all good.
I hope all our litter is doing good including those that we have not heard from in a while.

Dee74 05-26-2015 04:32 AM

I'm glad it's nearly over Marty :)

D