Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 22

Old 07-15-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
...holds the key

No more regrets, Jen! (At least not alcohol related ). That's a biggie for me. And no waking up at 3am in a panic!
Now ...tell yourself alcohol isn't an option and get your beauty sleep for your trip tomorrow! You want to look pretty and fresh, not hungover and gross, for your man! ❤️
Old 07-15-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like not being ashamed JSB

D
Old 07-15-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I'm fond of not urinating on myself.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
I'm fond of not urinating on myself.
I'm fond of that too!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ah yes. Urinating on oneself. I did that once, but thankfully I was at home. Hadn't realized I had to go so badly. Made it home from the bar, was in the process of getting my pants down, very clumsily, and lost it. At least I was in the bathroom. Still no fun. Don't miss those days. I also had times where I'd go into the bathroom at the bar, throw up, and go right back to drinking. Stupid.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Of course, these things should have been signs that my drinking wasn't "social" any more. But I was having "fun." Yeah, right.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Ugh, Marty! I can't recount how many times I too, would throw up at the bar then just keep drinking like nothing ever happened. It's really quite sad.

I also really don't miss the full-body convulsions in the middle of the night and the daily morning shower vomit/dry heaving sessions. Thinking about all this stuff upsets me that I let it go on for so long. It never has to happen again though so that's good.

How are you doing today, Jen?

I may have missed it, but Marty, did you get everything squared away?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

What can you get after 30 days of sobriety? The drinking life pales in comparison to the sober life. I never realized how lost in a fog I was until I stopped. Benefits go beyond the physical, which is big enough in itself. The mental and emotional fog was holding me back from living a full life. Running to a bottle never solved problems. It just kept them at bay for awhile. My overall outlook of things and people was negative. That has changed since I stopped drinking.
Life is far better without alcohol. It poisons you in more ways than one. It has been nearly 8 months since I quit and I don't miss any of pain, suffering, blindness, anxiety, negativity, and enslavement to darkness that has now left my life.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Preparing myself for the hot weather we are about to get. About to go for a hike before it gets ridiculous out there. Spent yesterday feeling sorry for myself about various things, but was able to figure out what things I have any control over and which things I do not. Turns out I have no control over most of it.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm figuring that out too, Marty! I can only control myself.
I saw on weekenders you have an interview coming up! Good luck and keep us posted!!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Day 228. The number is starting to look close to a year. Can't believe it. I owe it to SR.
Had dinner with some friends for the first time since I quit. They asked me how not drinking was going and I told them it was going great. I explained my drinking, and why I hadn't been around as I laid low for many months to get "sober muscles" worked out enough to be in social situations where alcohol might be consumed. They understood, and now I'm able to see people on occasion in that environment.

I used to drink a lot with them. They had some cocktails and I hardly gave it a thought.
We had a nice meal after having rehearsed for a festival gig I have this weekend ( already did my first sober gig, so I'm past that). The band sounds great and I think we'll have a great time. The annual festival used to be an excuse to hit the beer tent with abandon, but this year I'll enjoy it more without that part.
The clarity, the peace, the overall vast improvement of life is so far and above better than what life used to be like with alcohol. It truly was a weight around my neck, one that would have eventually killed me.
My wife and kids are back east. I'll join them I a couple of weeks after I finish teaching summer school. I miss my kids, but it's very quiet here. Lots of time to contemplate things and enjoy the California summer. Pick fruit from the trees for cobbler. Go fishing. Play music. Take hikes in the hills. Watch Netflix. Stay up late and sleep late. Eat ice cream. Simple pleasures. Do some planning for the future. All without the dark cloud of alcohol choking my life.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I am proud of you GnikNus and extremely happy for you. It really is the simple things in life you can enjoy day to day that keeps a person going forward in sobriety.

I hope it isn't humid out east when you go out there. I am in Illinois and I am missing California really bad.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is doing good. I spent a week in Ohio and the area was sketchy and it was really humid. lol. I spent sometime with my mom too in Indaina it was nice we went and did a lot of sightseeing. I enjoyed that now I am back home but not for long.

Jen keep going forward. I hate the puffy feeling. That goes away after a month!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad you got to see your mom, middy. You sound really good.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thanks Brynn! How have you been?

I need to catch up on posts but it seems like everyone is doing pretty well from skimming over.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
I hope it isn't humid out east when you go out there. I am in Illinois and I am missing California really bad.
It's always humid in the South where I'm from! I don't miss that. I haven't been home In two years, so I've been spoiled by mild west coast weather.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Going to be another hot and humid one here. But I'm not complaining. You don't have to shovel humidity.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I sure did!
Xoxo
Old 07-19-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I had a good relaxing last couple of days. Hanging out with friends and catching up after my home imprisonment. went on hikes yesterday and today. Boy did I miss that. also sleeping a ton - feeling run down and not sure why.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds good Marty! You're probably recuperating after all the emotional and mental exhaustion and stress from the past few months! Follow your body's lead and rest and sleep when you need to.