SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/367582-class-april-2015-part-5-a.html)

ZaBoozer 05-28-2015 08:20 PM

Good morning all.

Congratulations on day thirty one Angie

Viperidae 05-28-2015 08:49 PM

Hey guys. I'm finally feeling alright again. I'm back to 7 days now and not a thought of drinking. I had a good day today. Things are moving along a little bit. It's slow, but I guess 'baby steps' is better than stagnation. It was almost 90 and sunny today and it felt amazing. I love the warmth. I walked around and got plenty of sun. My tendonitis is much better. It was interesting that it came right back the after I drank. Idiot alcoholics... what are we thinking??

I'm going for an even healthier diet. I think I am going to go 'Clean.' It's pretty close to a Paleo diet, but really low in grains. No more morning scone or coffee? I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'll have more energy and clarity after a little while, I think. I'm less keen on seeking professionals and more keen on just doing it. There are books for this kind of thing. I've got a nutritionist too. My body needs a rest.

My old therapist called me today. I wanted to go see him before I joined up here and he never got back to me. I was a little miffed about it, but he was on vacation for about a month. I might go back. It's good to have someone to check in with and bounce ideas off of. He's very encouraging.

A little bit of decent medication for anxiety/ocd would be nice. So I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and start trying new stuff (always a blast!!).

Alrighty then. Morning ZaB and Australians, others not near this time zone. Goodnight to the rest. Thanks.

:skull:

ZaBoozer 05-28-2015 09:43 PM

Congrats on day seven Johnny, Sounds like you are on the right track now. ;) Looking good, keep on keeping on

Dee74 05-28-2015 09:47 PM

Congrats on you week Johnny :)

D

amp123 05-28-2015 10:05 PM

Good going Johnny! First week is the worst week!

OMD 05-29-2015 02:55 AM

Morning all!
Good to see you're doing great Johnny!

Am feeling a lot better than I was a few days ago about why I'm not drinking. Like I'd forgotten already. Bizarre. But checking out the relapse threads brought things home. So none for me today. Things pretty hectic right now but I always check in here, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

OMD

keekitty 05-29-2015 04:07 AM

Had a good three week run of sobriety.. Was exercising every day...feeling grateful to be alive ...waking up rejuvenated and then relapsed this week. Praying I can get back on track...please pray for me too

amp123 05-29-2015 05:40 AM

Hey Keekitty! Good to see you here. You know what to do! Get knocked down, get back up again...

Good luck and rely on us for any support we can give ;)

SwimKim12 05-29-2015 07:40 AM

Johnny, glad you are feeling better!

Keekitty, welcome back! We've got a great group offering lots of support.

Happy sober Friday!

Viperidae 05-29-2015 09:45 AM

I am just hiding out today. I'm not answering the phone. I need a long nap. I feel a little like I'm practicing avoidance, but I can't try to rush back into all kinds of things that I have not done for years, especially since my body is telling me to slow down. I wish I could get at the underlying fatigue I've had for decades. Drinking isn't going help it though. I just wish it was a simpler faster process. I see my friend stop and 3 days later she's running 6 miles a day, while working double shifts. Somehow I feel that it isn't fair. But I just gotta keep going with this.

ZaBoozer 05-29-2015 09:48 AM

Hang in there Johnny, it takes time for your body to heal. You will be feeling great in no time at all.

Lily123 05-29-2015 10:02 AM

Morning everybody :)
Nice job on getting through a week Johnny. I agree that's the hardest time.
Welcome back kitty !
I'm scheduled for Monday and Friday now. So I get the weekends off like a normal human (for June anyway) ! Good start to the day.

ZaBoozer 05-29-2015 10:25 AM

Morning lily. Enjoy the weekend off.

SwimKim12 05-29-2015 11:12 AM

Hang in there, Johnny. I've felt overwhelmed at times too. I have pretty high expectations for my sober self and it gets hard when I don't feel like doing something I know I should be doing, like going to the gym. I have to remind myself that it is a slow process and the benefits will come from being sober over a long period of time. While I've never been to AA, I've seen one of the quotes that members use, "easy does it," and that helps me slow down and know that I can't do everything right all the time, but I can stay sober.

The answers and feeling better will come in time, just take it easy and don't drink!

Incontrol15 05-29-2015 11:57 AM

I was up and atom today ;)

On the road early. Keep thinking I'll post later.

I'm at least making today's promise.
None for me today!

More later

amp123 05-30-2015 12:00 AM

Morning all!!! It's Saturday! Thank god! Really need some time off work and looking forward to spending time with my family. Everyone's still quite shaken up after the death of my father in law 8 days ago so we're going off to the country, just the four of us. Time to chill out, reflect, and hopefully spend some good moments ;)

ZaBoozer 05-30-2015 02:27 AM

Morning amp.

Yazzylove 05-30-2015 05:08 AM

Morning class! Nothing new to report.. Just getting on with life as a non drinker and smoker ( day 54) Today going to taking my son to his soccer game and joining my friend for relay for life! Just want to be outside on this gorgeous day!

ZaBoozer 05-30-2015 05:38 AM

Good morning YL. Enjoy the relay.

Lily123 05-30-2015 09:41 AM

Morning Zab, Amp and Yazzy :)

Yazzy, Nice job on day 54!

That's nice you get to get away with the family for a bit Amp:)

Just doing the norm today. Have a good Saturday everybody!