Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 05-25-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I can always count on u guys to be near the top of the threads. I'm here. have no news. Im still drinking here n there but it hasn't affected anything YET.. i don't drink like I used to. but i know i can so i am very weary about it. I miss u all and i always think of u. xo But ya. Alcohol isn't worth it. I'd rather have nachos.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey guys post and run, I've been on the road all day picking up friends from Gatwick. Tired and off to bed, lovely to see some good posts, and also great to see a check in cute! Wishing you all a peaceful nights sleep, and a good day tomorrow. Keep on keeping on PEOPLE! Xxx
Old 05-26-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday! It is first day back from holiday weekend here.

I paused for a second when I woke up to acknowledge and give thanks for this new way of living. I remembered the absolute dread of waking after a long holiday in the past. Wow those times were just awful. Glad they are just chapters of the past.

Hope everyone has a kick ass week!

"Happiness is a continuous creative activity." **** Amte

Goofy.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I hear ya determined- last night I was getting everything ready for a backyard barbeque and was struck by a memory of doing the same last year. Except last year I found it very difficult to remember the plates, napkins, etc., because I had been "having fun". No fun memories, couldn't taste the food, and everything seemed like a lot of work. So very different this year!

This morning, happy to go back to work refreshed and ready for the week. Love it! Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey guys

I have rubbish wifi and keep dropping posts, darn. So quick check in. I am having a fun vacation and now I am in Latvia. It's a beautiful capital city Riga and I am loving just wandering around, relaxing and catching up on zzzzz's. Rain today but still fun.

Good to see you cute. Hi everyone else on the thread too. You all continue to inspire me. Determined, you too sir rock!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Spot on post choobie. London, where you are sounds absolutely wonderful dude!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Nothing new on my end Team. Looking forward to my running retreat this weekend.

I'm not a Facebook guy and am on there only to follow Ultra Running groups and gear. It makes my goals seem more "normal" and (dare I say) small!

Keep up the great progress!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Evening chaps! Tired Tuesday in this house. Totally bailed out of cooking dinner, a day made egg and bacon toasties. I should be ashamed at this but I'm not, I didn't make them because I was too drunk to the shopping, or burnt the dinner, I did it because I worked hard today and and am pooped, and that's cool with me!

No news this end, glad you are all well!
London, Latvia sounds lovely!
Ultra your running is so amazing, how many miles do you reckon you've clocked up this year so Far? Must be hundreds already!

I'm off to chill, take care peeps xxx
Old 05-26-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I have been keeping very busy with the unofficial beginning of summer and friends and relatives opening their summer homes. I find the busier I am, the calmer I am in regard to my brother. I think I went shopping six days a week when it was really bad this past winter. ....anything to keep moving and be away from my phones.

Cute! Great to hear from you. Stick with us.

Choobie, after reading your post I tried to remember last Memorial Day - - hmmm, very fuzzy. I host Fourth of July every year. I am sure I will find this much easier than previous ones!

I noticed that when I took down my bins of summer clothes, there was a big difference! I was sober when I put my summer clothes away in September. They are all organized, clean, unwrinkled.....of course, they are too big after losing 30 pounds, but I was impressed with how organized they were.

Everyone seems to be in a really good place right now.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just dropping in to say hi with intermittent wifi.

Hope everyone is doing well. Still enjoying my trip and it's definitely more fun to be sober
Old 05-27-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy hump day!

Soon we will have experienced every holiday and occasion for a whole year as the new Sober peeps we now are! Next year they won't seem such a challenge. Very cool indeed.

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it is something to run away from." Jodi Foster

Wiggle.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Hoping you are all doing good. Lots of positive posts recently.

I have a little wifi this morning. I jumped on another bus and today I am in beautiful Tallin Estonia. It's a very chocolate box old town, almost Disney. Happy to be here. Last night I had a wander around, it looks like a party town after hours. Happy I don't have to get involved in that now. I was content to see the town lit up at night and then read my book in the tiny apartment I am staying in (with underfloor heating that ROCKS!)

I have a few more days of vacation left so going to make the most of it. It's a sunny day today too. Coffee time!

Wishing everyone a great day :-)
Old 05-27-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning! Bleary eyed after an unsettled night with the cat meawing until 1.30am. Thank god I'm sober!!!

9 months today for me, hurrah! 9 months! I'm actually saying it out loud, rolling g the delicious words around my tongue, partly in disbelief. I have recounts the months 3 times just to make sure! It's not been as horrendous as I thought it would be at this stage. Thank you all for helping me and supporting me to get to this mile stone. 3/4 OF A YEAR BABY! Damn! So even though I'm bleary eyed, it's a bloody good bleary eyed day!

Stay strong all of you, the awe I have for everyone on this team is immense, you all inspire me. If I have a tough day, even if I can't post, it is you guys I think of, you ghost save me even without the Internet! That's power my a team friends. Thank you so very very much.

Off to work for a tedious business meeting, then back in clinic for the day. Sun is shining, birds are singing. Have a good day all, do something good today both for you and for others

Much love to you all xxxx
Old 05-27-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations pink

sounds beautiful London

D
Old 05-27-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Brilliant Pink - Many congrats on 9. Top drawer!!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning on this fantastic Thursday!

London, that sounds surreal. Would love to see some pics if you can post!

Pink - Fantastic on the 9 months!! Sounds like you truly feel amazing. Virtual high five from me! Ahhh yeah!!

"The greatest things on this earth have been done little by little." William Bryan

Growth.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Congratulations, Pink!

London, I love reading your posts.

I stepped on the scale yesterday at the Y - UP THREE POUNDS! Hopefully from all I ate over the holiday weekend, but whatever, it was a wake-up call - back to the walk-jog for me!

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 Months Pink- I'm so proud of you!

Now get back into that store, throw your hands in the air, and scream it at Mavis!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks GUYS! A past neighbour popped by tonight to see my new house and collect some gravel, and was asking where the bar area was. I laughed and said it got replaced by a veg patch. She was shocked, and then didn't really know what to say. I said it had been 9 months today since my last cigarette or drink and she was totally stunned. Felt damn good to say that! She asked me why the sudden change, why was I doing it. I said, mostly just because I can, you know me, all, or nothing eh?! And quite simply, isn't that the truth? It was easy to say and didn't evoke to many questions. In the bag!

9 months! Ha! In your face Av!

Ultra I haven't seen mavis for, ages! since I moved work offices I don't go to that supermarket much. I'm going to go tomorrow after work, Friday seemed a good day to catch her! Wouldn't it be wonderful to see her! Well maybe she might not think so! Thank you for your kind words, so lovely x

Chilled evening here, eating popcorn and watching falling skies. Lovely.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Great job on 9 months, Pink! Woooooohoooooo!