Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 05-19-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
KNB!!! Yey. I am happy to see you. Glad you are back on SR and I was hoping sometime you would drop by my fellow Midlands friend.

You can do it. Build a plan - let's crack on!! Sometimes I think people just have to be at a time and space when they say "that's it, I am done" then you can start the recovery and all the good things it's going to bring. And it will bring good things KNB, I promise! Grab it with both hands and hold on x
Sthlondon I was so pleased to still see you and other "oldtimers" on this thread. You guys are soooo inspiring. I really want to try and beat this addiction this time.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello again ultra, grateful and Pink. My old virtual friends lol
Old 05-19-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi KNB! Great to hear from you!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am running very late this morning so a post and run to say hello!

Grateful, I am sorry about your family bereavement and I am thinking of you
Old 05-20-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning all
Have a brilliant sober day
Old 05-20-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy hump day kids!

Grateful, I hope you are doing okay, very sorry to hear your news. Your comment about being glad you were sober for the call. I really understood you on many levels there. Post if you need us, we are here for you.

A special top of the mornin high five to you knb! You got this.

"Leave each person you meet a little better than when you found them." Robin Sharma

Uplift.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Also sorry about the news Grateful. Your children were blessed to have you present and involved.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Grateful, I am sorry to hear your sad news. Be proud that you are sober and able to deal with it on the highest level.

Knb, great to hear from you. Keep posting!

Pink, I hope you get your wi-fi soon. I miss your great (longer) posts.

London, where are you going next week?

Ultra, what part of Massachusetts are you going to?

Determined, great post as usual.

Choobie, love your plan.

I am going to the Y, then I plan to spend time finishing the book for BookClub tonight. Hopefully the perverted one will act up so I will have a good story for you all tomorrow - funny how she irritated the blazes out of me when I was drinking, and now I secretly enjoy her lack of social skills! I have never figured out whether she would be worse if she knew she was entertaining us, or if she would be better because the shock thrill would be gone. But, how could any of not have been shocked when she showed us the letter of reprimand referring to her spicy lunches and the following results???? As far as I know she is working two days a week, but she might be unemployed again. She never seems to last long at any job.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorry Grateful. I'm glad that you were sober when you got the news for both you and your children. Hugs to you!

Welcome back, KNB!!!
You CAN beat this!

Have a great time, Ultra!

Great to hear from you Pink-whenever you can! Fingers crossed on your internet connection happening soon!

Scooter, I hope you do have a great book club story!

They are trenching my backyard right now. Hopefully, this is the worst part of the new sports arena/bar they are building next door. By next summer I'll know!

Have a great day, guys!
Old 05-20-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'll be in the Berkshires Scooter. Time to relax and be alone with my wife (my parents will have the kids) and read some books.

Keep doing the right things Team- especially as the one year mark, for some of us, can be seen on the horizon. Stay the course!
Old 05-20-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey all

It's turning into a very busy week at work but all is good.

I have still managed to squeeze in time do do some CBT and some AA. I am pretty tired but the end of the week is in sight.

Scooter - I am taking off to Lituania on Saturday. Another cheap airfare and another country ticked! I love travel and experiences now.

Catch everyone later as its work and coffee time :-)
Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!

Gotta jump quick guys, weekend in sight!

"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Growth.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,
Great to see you guys still on here and working away at overcoming alcoholism.
I haven't been on in many months. I'm still sober since the second time I gave up in August. Just been working myself to exhaustion. Now I'm exhausted. I've improved a fair bit of the enormous feck up that is my life. Much more to do but I am giving myself a weeks holiday. I need to dedicate more time to my recovery and re-energise. I am only starting step 4, one of the guys in my AA did one to three on his first night!
I like AA but I'm not much of a talker which makes me feel like I take more than I contribute.
Goodluck Guys.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I have Internet!!!!!!

Grateful, how you doing hun? Thinking of you, and so proud of your strength at this awful time, much love xxx
London! Lithuania sounds awesome, totally jealous and need a holiday!
Scooter your book club sounds fun, I'm going to see if i can find one local to me, a new social groups is just what I Need!
Restless good to see you! Rest plenty and have a holiday, don't work yourself into the ground, keep well x
1Step, how you doing?
Love and thoughts to all of you guys!
I'm so excited to be back online, i promise i will try to post every day.

Today i have been back to the dentist. Yup. Same tooth! 3 hours chair time, 3 injections, 2 dentists, 5mg of Diazepam, tears and fears a plenty, and one successful root canal hurrah! Just need the crown next week. What a bloody long slog!

Got my latest degree module results, 2 marks off an A. Boom! Well chuffed! Thanks for the support and encouragement!

House move complete, decorating in process. This weekend is all about the garden, and an airport run to collect all friend whose train has been cancelled. Any suggestions of a day trip i can combine with a Gatwick run so it doesn't feel like a wasted day?

Sky installed, watching reruns of the Simpsons. Simple pleasures, but it feels good to be reconnected!

Not much more news here I'm afraid! Still off the pop, and cannot believe how the time is racking up, 9 months ago I would have laughed in the face of anyone who suggested i could rack up this Time! 9 months next week, i can see it, and I'm gonna grab it.

Ooooh interesting text from my friend who was going on a go out drinking the other day....she says I've really inspired her by my dedication to religion and hasn't had a go out drink in a week, feels dead proud of herself, feels healthier, thinks she's going to try a whole month. Interesting........can't help but think she has done a bit of self reflection......

Ok ok enough rambling! Keep safe people, keep posting, keep fighting!

Love you!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Grateful.
D
Old 05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Well, it looks like the divorce is back on with my brother; the phone calls have started again. He phoned twice after midnight and twice early morning when my phones were muted. I returned his call; same old, same old. He called twice more. The good thing is he is reaching out to more family members and has now confided in my other two brothers, one other sister and a few nephews.

I think this time might be it, and I know he will need support. My plan is I will talk to him once or twice during the day if he phones as all others are working during the day; but, I will not answer after working hours. I will not put myself into the state of panic and anxiety with 8, 9, 10 phone calls a day like I did in November, December, January.

Pink, I am thrilled you are back online! I look forward to reading the two posts from the other side of the pond in the morning. It sounds like your friend wants to emulate you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Restless, good luck to you, too!

Ultra, I went to college in the Berkshires....pretty three seasons, dreary and dark in winter. I love Tanglewood, The Williamstown Theatre, the Clark Museum, Bennington Pottery, etc. I haven't been to the art museum in North Adams.

London, your adventures make me want to travel. I haven't been anywhere in a while.

Determined, I look forward to your quotes. There have been many that I would like to needlepoint, if I knew how.

Knb, how are you doing?

Choobie, only one thing to report from book club . You will have to imagine the actual vocabulary used as I will not write it as spoken.....one of the women said she had bought a lottery ticket because it was over a 100 million dollars, and told the restaurant owner (our favorite waitress) that she will buy her a house in Aruba (her favorite place) if she wins. The woman who bought the ticket is very proper and reserved, fun and funny, but classy. The perverted one asked if the woman would buy her a houseboat, and she said yes, of course. Then, the perverted one asked, in her own words, if the woman would get her a large man who is well-endowed. The woman, without missing a beat, said, "No, you're on your own for that. I'll buy you the houseboat." I think the perverted one was disappointed she did not get a shocked response. But we are all used to her now.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday peeps!!

Holiday weekend is officially on for me! About to hit the gym and take my son out for some outdoor adventures.

Pink, glad they plugged you back in! Hope you had some good tunes playing while they fixed you up!

Scooter, your brother will likely be better to in the long run, will take time for him to see. The houseboat comment was funny!

Restless, Great to see you! Keep on truckin with us!

Gonna take it as it could comes this weekend, slow down and just float with life. Watched a film called the lottery of birth. Great one if you get bored, it's a documentary.

Good simple but powerful quote, needlepoint worthy indeed scooter,

"We love because it is the only true adventure." Nikki Giovanni

And one for you pink,

"Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems". Homer Simpson

Look up.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Interesting how the way we define ourselves evolves over time. Last,night at a pretty fancy restaurant my wife had a wine pairing. The somonlier talked to us a bunch about wine tastes and food pairings.

Trying to include me, she nicely asked about why I wasn't having wine- did I just not like the taste?

I smiled and said I just didn't drink.

She responded, "You are very strong!"

I should have told her I knew a bunch of folks who could be described that way!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Scooter, sorry to hear about your brother, but I'm so happy to hear you have a good plan to manage, and to keep strong, a sensible idea. Hope he's not too demanding of you, take care of yourself xx

Determind, whoop holiday time! Enjoy the gym, but don't forget some down time too!

I'm TIRED! What a long week! Tomorrow I am starting the landscaping of my garden with my own fair hands. I'm staring by removing all the gravel and slabs, ready for turfing next weekend. All without a hangover, I feel like superwoman sometimes, it bloody rocks!

Not much news here really, just unpacking boxes still and organising stuff but man its good to be plugged back in!

London, how's Lithuania? Lucky bugger!

Grateful, please check in sweetie, let us know you got this xxx thinking of you xx

Watching mock the week, chuckling to myself, relaxing. Good stuff.

Keep at it peeps, I have faith in you! Xxxx
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend guys
D