Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 18

Old 06-13-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Well, let me tell you, the garden police can well and truly 'foxtrot oscar' today as I have only flipping finished turfing my very own lawn! I'm so damn proud of myself. I rewarded myself with a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cookie dough. Whoops ie! So glad the turf is done, now I get to do the fun pretty stuff hurrah!

No further news here, just checking in. I feel very irritable this evening and keep thinking about wine. I've put my pyjamas on to stop me going out! The voice is Still string at times which really pees me right Off! Having peach sparkling water and nibbling on ritz rosemary crackers, yum!

Evening all, I'm going to watch the imitation game xx
Old 06-13-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Day 7! Feeling good. Weekend with my daughters at Universal in Orlando. Having a good time, alcohol free!
Old 06-13-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hang tough pink, glad you acknowledged and let it pass. It does sneak up sometimes doesn't it. Eye on the prize.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good morning all

I am on my sun lounger reading and I have wi fi ! Totally relaxing day coming right up and the weather is fab.

Pink - that's great you did the lawn. That's not an easy task, good on you. Love that you put on the pj's to keep AV at bay. Hey, I took your advice so I will be going to Valletta on Tuesday. I can't wait. I also stole your holiday game so me and my partner are going to play over dinner later for 2016! Ha ha. I can see him busy researching on the iPad :-)

Ultra - I salute you! Less than a month to go to my first race ever eeek! Keep posting as your inspire me. There is a treadmill at this hotel so maybe later I will jump on it before dinner

Have a nice peaceful Sunday all
Old 06-14-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Happy sunny Sunday!

So, I bought some non alcoholic beer a few weeks or so ago. There is a good deal of regular beer in the garage refrigerator too. Yesterday it was hot and I grabbed a non alcoholic beer. I was doing my thing, drinking it and noticed something. First, I don't really like the taste as much as I did. Second, just the hop aftertaste in my mouth and the old bottle in my hand almost channeled a different spirit. I remembered the old me very well. The old habits and thinking were remembered, it was like I went back in time. I poured the rest out and reflected a bit. I honestly do not want that old way of living back. I don't want the slow, buzzed, confused thinking again in the middle of a nice day.

I don't know what my point is, but if you think you miss those days, perhaps give a similar exercise a try. Pour some juice in a wine glass. It will channel bad spirits guaranteed.

Going to go have a fab day, I hope everyone is doing the same. Stay strong and walk proud peeps. We have reason to.

"Heaven never helps the person who will not act." Sophocles.

Learning.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Welł done by the way rah! Great to be present for your family.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 days, Rah!!

Great job, Determined! Its great affirmation to really know that we don't want to go back! Yuck!

London, I looked up Malta in your honor. So beautiful! Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Great job on your sod, Pink. I love the rewards we are giving ourselves these days. I'm going out for ice cream today and I'm giddy like a school girl!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I am on the train on my way to Fenway to watch the Red Sox.....very impressive posts!

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Fun 5 mile race today. I've found my "sweet spot" is starting in the back 1/3 of the pack and slowly passing others throughout the race. I don't burn myself out to quickly and have more flexibility to decide if and when I want to push. It ultimately makes the experience more enjoyable.

Great gardening Pink and fighting urges.

Strong introspection Determined.

7 Days down RAH- keep I up
Old 06-14-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

At the airport heading home after a fun weekend with my daughters. I hate leaving them. I still cry when it's time to go. Spent sometime this weekend thinking about my life and how I want to live it. The last several years have been less than perfect. Feel like I'm in a rut personally. I'm not sure if my husband and I are on the same page. I find his viewpoints, thoughts, beliefs and personal issues keep me from being the person I want to be. When my husband and I moved away so I could take on a new job we glamorized what it would be like to be away from all the drama and distractions so we could just spend time together. Now my husband is retired and I work really hard. Socially we haven't made connections in our new city. We have really changed our lifestyle at all, which is part of the problem. We revert back to what was comfortable...going to places where drinking is the focus. This isn't how I wanted it to be in our new city. My husbands loneliness and boredom is suffocating me. He waits for me to come home from work everyday. He hasn't picked up any new hobbies or activities so there is little to talk about. Most of my day is spent talking either on the phone or in meetings. When I get home I'd prefer to sit quietly, watch tv, play candy crush. I'm feeling very unhappy. Occasionally I have to travel for work. I actually like it because I get to see my old friends, my daughters and my granddaughter. I can't keep doing what we used to do...spend time drinking. It's not what I want anymore. I feel like I'm in a pickle. BTW...day 8 here
Old 06-14-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Just had an ice cold Pepsi. I don't drink them too often, but I will say this, my lord it tastes better than beer! Gotta cherish the small stuff peeps.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I watched one of the worst Red Sox games I have ever seen! But, I love being at a Red Sox game.

Rah, congratulations! Could you get your husband to volunteer at the local library or COA? delivering Meals on Wheels? joining the Y? playing cards at the COA? What about renting movies and trying to see all the top ones to guess which will get the awards next year?

I play Candy Crush, too.

Pink, I make very strong tea, sweeten and partially cool it, then pour it into a pitcher half filled with ice. I prefer it to hot tea. Great job on fighting the av. I think you should take photos once the garden is complete and show them to others at work when you know the garden police is nearby!

London, you make me want to travel! I am impressed with you and Ultra with the running.

Determined, I think it was smart to toss the n-a beer. I get your point - you no longer need or want anything to do with beer and do not need to substitute with the n-a beer, because you don't like anything to do with it - taste, aftertaste, etc. Good for you!

Choobie, I hope you had a great weekend.

Grateful, how are you?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Ok Monday, let's do this!

Hope everyone is well rested and ready for a great week. Give a check in and a big Monday high five today!

"Life is like a mirror. If you smile at it, it will smile back."

Gratitude
Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey all

I have rubbish wifi so a quick post as I just lost my previous one. Never mind

Choobie - I am glad you liked the pictures. You should add Malta to your list, it is wonderful - I don't want to leave!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Determined, I am the king of diet Pepsi and diet coke. I love the stuff nowadays!

Post more soon. Stay safe everyone! And happy Monday.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Greetings - Just a quick check-in today - very busy day.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Nothing to add! Keep it up Team.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Day 9 done! Double digits tomorrow! Started sharing my thoughts about my alcohol abuse in conversations with my husband and sister. Not too much depth but felt better getting it out there. I am trying to stay focused on how I want to be, the person I want to be and the life I want to live. I know I can't expect anything different if I fall into the same routine, make the same choices. Hope you are all doing well!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hey all!

I wrote a very long post yesterday and then it disappeared. So frustrating...was too tired to repost sorry...I have been reading all your posts.

I am doing great, just busy with work and kids.

Attitude of gratitude today. Love it Determined.

Thanks for asking Scooter! I really appreciated your story the other day, I am ashamed to say I am often envious. Your story gave me something to think about.

Rah - 9 days is wonderful! You can do this.

Grateful to be sober.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Great to hear everyone is feeling good and staying in the zone. Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday I had the house to myself for an hour after a stressful day. Back n the day I would have popped the cork. Instead I put on some spa music and stretched and did yoga type things. I was truly amazed how much better I felt. People always said to try to find other ways to relax. I thought doing something like that was just ridiculous and would not help, only alcohol would relax me. Boy, was I wrong on that one. Try it guys.

Has anyone noticed that they are so much more comfortable in social situations and such now? I am almost back to my normal, light hearted self again. It took a good six to nine months, but it happened. Rah, trust me on this, keep pushing on that rock in front of the cave girl, the light will come in.

"Better to wear it out than to rust it out." David lee Roth.

Go kill it.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Double digits today! Day 10! I feel like I'm on the road of personal discovery. Trying to figure out what makes me tick, trying to understand why I have no off switch when it comes to drinking. Each of us are on our own journey although we struggle with same condition to one degree or another. Some people think it is as simple as saying "I wont drink anymore". There was one time in my life I did do that. I had the structure in my life to stay on the path-it was my kids and work.,I still have work but my kids are grown up. The new found freedom has opened doors that were closed. The downs of life have changed me. I track days of not drinking which is great but I'm learning that is just the start of the journey. I think it's a complicated puzzle we face. We are confronted with emotions, triggers, social messages, etc. skills are needed to dodge these billets. We can do it!

This class is a great class! I am grateful to know you all