Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 2)

Old 05-16-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Wow. What an awesome day for May.
I'll be 4wks after tomorrow. Week 1 I will never EVER want to repeat. Week 2 was much easier but it really starts getting old and the same defenses don't seem to work as well. Was a good time to read up on other techniques for fighting urges. Depression was more of an issue in week 2 than anxiety which ruled week#1. Week 3 was just sprinkled with anxiety and depression. Most days were great. I had faith that each event was short lived. I maybe had 1 or 2 days where it felt like the whole day was a little battle.

You all are doing awesome. Keep it up!
Good to know. Week 2 has definitely been depressing. Looking forward to better days.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 17, another weekend just finished drink-free. Did the hash house harriers race yesterday, a full near 3 solid hours of cross country running, stuffed self on Thai and English food - a post-hash spread put on by one of the older Hashers & his Thai wife. Felt very briefly tempted to pick up a Singha can during the post-hash event, circle, banter etc - but only briefly.

Passed out 10pm (didn't really sleep properly for nearly 72 hours - that and the run sent me straight off).

Everything good apart from motorbike engine keeps overheating and melting the rear tyre - going to have to leave it in CR for repairs, and get the bus back to Thoeng, unfortunately. Be rate though.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Today was a tough day for me--nearing the two week mark and the cravings have been exceptionally strong. I didn't give in but it was hard. I really appreciate you guys!! Even when I don't have time to post it's inspiring to just read what others are going through. Hope everyone had a good and sober Saturday!
Old 05-16-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hitting the 2 week mark today and feeling great. Cravings still there but not as hectic. Getting less everyday.

Enjou what is left of the weekend and keep up the good work.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I ts been a while since I had at least a week of sobriety. I am in a real state today...depressed, low self esteem, overweight, angry. Not a good start for a Sunday morning.
Just need to get through the next 24 hours
Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay with us knb - good to see you back

D
Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 10: Sunday Best

Going to bed early, even to rest in the dark, seems to help. No temptations, no counting minutes and hours.

Woke up this morning at oh-dark 30 and hit the road for a long run. Sun was up by the time I got back. The parasite slept but the 8-mile tranquilizer should keep it slumbering thru the morning.

Another full day today, mainly kids' activities, but that helps me keep my eyes on the prize. Won't have any down time until about 5pm, but those evenings before bed seem to get easier with each sober day, as I recall.

Good luck to all.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hi everyone. I ts been a while since I had at least a week of sobriety. I am in a real state today...depressed, low self esteem, overweight, angry. Not a good start for a Sunday morning.
Just need to get through the next 24 hours
Stay strong KNB, I'm finding these early days go up and down emotionally and it does pass. Friday I felt really down (that was day 9), but OK yesterday, and good today. Last night was the first one in days where I actually got good restful sleep. Part of it in getting through is just needing to get to a point of more healthful sleep, and it takes time and patience. There's a wonderful thread in the Newcomers section: "2 days in 48 hours" (something like that) by ZaBoozer--you get a daily play by play from him, physically, mentally and emotionally, and he's on day 41, really well written and inspiring.

Long day for me--Church, lunch with friends, time with daughter, lots of work to get done before the start of the work week. So glad it's all with a clear head!

Keep your cool, ignore the AV which is only a voice and can't make you move your little finger let alone walk into a liquor store, build strength for ignoring it and set your confidence at 100%. Everyone says it gets easier--I believe it, I've done it before, this time with more awareness. Shine on, Maybirds!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4thekidz View Post
Day 10: Sunday Best

Going to bed early, even to rest in the dark, seems to help. No temptations, no counting minutes and hours.

Woke up this morning at oh-dark 30 and hit the road for a long run. Sun was up by the time I got back. The parasite slept but the 8-mile tranquilizer should keep it slumbering thru the morning.

Another full day today, mainly kids' activities, but that helps me keep my eyes on the prize. Won't have any down time until about 5pm, but those evenings before bed seem to get easier with each sober day, as I recall.

Good luck to all.

Oh yeah, and it's garbage day.... First time in a while taking out the trash without any hidden empty bottles at the bottom.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The AV is super strong today as I normally drink a whole bottle of wine..this is tough. Real tough
Old 05-17-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Baked my first cake today. Looks like a disaster but tastes great.

The interesting ways i keep busy to keep the cravings at bay. First i exercise then eat sweet treats like crazy. Balance thats my excuse.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1982 View Post
Baked my first cake today. Looks like a disaster but tastes great.

The interesting ways i keep busy to keep the cravings at bay. First i exercise then eat sweet treats like crazy. Balance thats my excuse.
Just ate a big plate of food. That has helped calm the AV down
Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning to my fellow Mayvens.

Had a solid night's sleep last night. All is good here. Mostly being successful at keeping thoughts of quitting my job out of my head. Just have to tell myself every now and then not to dwell on it, that's it a done deal and that I know it's the right decision for me. I'm sure that will be easier after I go out job hunting (and hopefully job acquiring) tomorrow. Like I said yesterday I'm not worried at all about finding another job as I'm in a good market for my profession.

No thoughts or cravings re: drinking yesterday. Plan for today is to laze around the house during the day and then late this afternoon I'm going to go over to my folk's house for dinner and to finish up my laundry. Going to hang around there all evening so I can watch the finale of Mad Men on their television as I don't get AMC in hi-def at my house. I'm excited about the finale as I have no clue at all what's going to happen but also a little sad as it's my favorite tv show of all time so I'll miss it.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Sunday (or Wednesday for you Australians) and welcome to any newcomers!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh, and today's day 10! Double digits! Hooray me!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 8 looks like a tough nut; wet-vac dining room flood, Church, lunch, pack, drive, meeting, hotel, sleep.

Then again, Day 7 looked fairly impossible too, so we'll just have to see.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well done Casey :-)
Old 05-17-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
nmd

Morning all, home from camping but still haven't caught up with eVeryones posts. I'm still with you and sober, day 5 I think. Staying close to sr today.

Need to lose the associate of relaxation with booze and find it elsewhere. Not sure where, maybe more than one place, but drinking isn't a solution.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Got motorbike tyre fixed, made it back to Thoeng safe, and well before it got dark - but still decided to head out for a 10km run! Just got in a couple of hours ago, downed some food and nearly 2 liters of mineral water, going to head to bed and have a long sleep, back to work and teaching again tomorrow.

Tomorrow's day 18, looking forward to the next few days, and feeling even more awesome by the end of the month.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm really loving all the positivity in this group. It is quite contagious. Makes me feel incredibly hopeful that this will be the last time I ever have to go through the very early days of sobriety.

Day 4 for me. I had the most terrible cravings last night but I stuffed myself full of ice cream, took some Benadryl and went to bed. I actually slept a few hours until waking up drenched in sweat. Night sweats are the worst. Anyways, groggy but totally sober this morning. I plan to enjoy my Sunday to the fullest.

Have a good sober day/night, guys!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

nmd and knb, post as often as you need to if it will help you through the day! That's what we're here for. I find that it helps me during my cravings. I also try to remember the HALT thing (hungry, angry, tired, lonely) as that's usually been my problem. It seems that when I'm any of those things, it comes on in the form of a craving, instead of what it actually is.

Casey, great job on the double digits! I can't wait to get there.

Woke up early this morning and went for a nice 5 mile walk. It's a nice, cool morning and barely anyone was out. I find that it's easier to clear my head completely when I'm walking then when I try to sit down and meditate at home. Not sure if it counts though I might go again this evening. The extra exercise really make me feel better.

Sounds like everyone has lovely plans for Sunday. Looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow, this will be the first Sunday I make it through. Feeling very good about it today.