Notices

On My Way #2

Old 06-06-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Same here if I stay up too late now I feel yucky the next day...almost hungover. Glad you are going to have a relaxing evening.
Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Believe me, I "can't" stay up that late any more either. I.
Ha ha me too. It feels like just last year that I would only go out at 11pm… These days 11pm is almost past bedtime! I like my Zzzzs and appreciate feeling good in the mornings.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calitano View Post
Ha ha me too. It feels like just last year that I would only go out at 11pm… These days 11pm is almost past bedtime! I like my Zzzzs and appreciate feeling good in the mornings.
LOL, going out at 11. Those days are long gone for me; by 11 the only place I'm going is to bed. Last night my wife fell asleep on the living room couch at about 10 and at 10:30 I woke her up because I was going to sleep and didn't want her spending the night there. Yes, another wild Saturday night! :-) We were both tired from our late Friday night, to say the least, and I benefited from the early evening by waking up and going for a run while the weather conditions were favorable.

When my kids are home from college there are nights when they are going out after I'm already in bed. The flip side, of course, is that I'm up many hours before them the next day.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Cruising along.

That's all I got from an SR perspective , which I guess is a good thing.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Beats hitting a wall!
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi'ya, GC and Della. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Beats hitting a wall!
Yes it does!

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi'ya, GC and Della. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
It's been a fine one so far. Hope yours is also.

The Weekend

My daughter came home Friday night so that she, my wife, and some other relatives could participate in a mud run yesterday. Afterward everyone, about 15 in total, came back to the house to shower and we hosted a barbecue. I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today beyond me going for a run in about 30 minutes.

My daughter leaves tomorrow morning. :sad face:
Old 06-14-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

My daughter went on vacation last week. I really missed her. We don't see each other every day but there is something about it when they are far away. I need to become a more laid back person. There is no way EVER I see myself letting 15 people shower at my house! My hat is off to you again.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

My daughter went on vacation last week. I really missed her. We don't see each other every day but there is something about it when they are far away. I need to become a more laid back person. There is no way EVER I see myself letting 15 people shower at my house! My hat is off to you again.
I can totally understand missing your daughter while she's on vacation. Since my daughter's been out of the house for most of the past four years I'm used to not seeing her everyday, but it would be much harder if we didn't talk as much as we do. That's one of the aspects that made it so hard when she spent almost a year in Europe in 2013-14; she wasn't 200 miles away, but over 3000 and communication was much harder and more expensive. Thank goodness for Skype; visual and free. A few days ago she told me she's coming home next weekend for Father's Day so I have that to look forward to. :-)

We had fifteen people for the barbecue party, but only ten of them participated in the mud race so they were the only ones that needed to shower when we came home. I'm pretty confident that's house record for people showering. I'm sure the last few had hot water issues, but I didn't inquire as I was too busy cooking and regardless they were all so glad to get clean nobody complained. LOL!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hmmmm...thought I posted something yesterday, but I guess I never hit the post button. Grrr! Regardless, I got through the day in fine fashion. I did have some minor cravings, really thoughts, about having a beer while watching the NBA finals last night, but objectively knew it wasn't a good idea so I stuck with my club soda. One somewhat immediate benefit was that although I stayed up until almost midnight, which as has been discussed here is way too late for me, I woke up reasonably refreshed and had a great weight lifting session at the gym. By great, I mean great for me, which is certainly not great by most standards, but it's not like I'm competing. I'm just trying to stay fit and reduce my stress levels via exercise.

My plan for tonight is to read after dinner and hit my pillow early to make up for the lost hours of sleep from last night. Beverage of choice will be club soda.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a good night GC

D
Old 06-17-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
sounds like a good night GC

D
Dee, it was. Not only did I stick with my commitment, but watched most of the game with my home for the summer from college son.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

It's going to be a challenging weekend, but I'm up for the task. Yesterday was an at home evening listening to music so that wasn't too bad. Today/tonight we have a party to attend so I'll be surrounded by alcohol and tomorrow we are getting together with family to celebrate Father's Day and there will be alcohol available. Eye on the prize and all that: I am not going to drink and my next post here I'll be able to write about my continued sobriety.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

You've got this
Old 06-22-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

You've got this
And I did. The graduation party on Saturday was quite nice and I had very little temptation to drink anything beyond water. It was an afternoon affair and by the time we left in the early evening there was a group who were well on their way to getting hammered. I was more than happy to soberly drive home with my wife, hang out, and wake up Sunday morning with a clear head and ready to fully appreciate all that is Father's Day.

We met at my inlaws and then went for an early dinner before going back to their house. No alcohol was served at the house and there was very minimal drinking at dinner. There were 11 of us, 8 of whom were of legal drinking age, and the bar bill was about $20. I know because I paid for the dinner and the alcohol portion was parsed. Obviously, nobody was doing any hard drinking and just as was the case on Saturday I felt good about my decisions as we left for home.

Oddly, the thought of having a beer tonight has been lingering, but that's not going to happen.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

My AV stuck around for a while last night, but never reached its goal so all is fine. All good decisions with maybe the exception of staying up too late with my daughter. I think I should get a pass on that one because she went back to graduate school this morning and we'll only see her once between now and the middle of August.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I would have stayed up too! I glad you had a nice Father's Day.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I would have stayed up too! I glad you had a nice Father's Day.
Thanks!

Coming Events

It's going to be a quiet and hopefully early night tonight because I stayed up too late last night again. This time, however, I can't point to spending time with my daughter, just foolishness on my part.

Tomorrow, as we do almost every last Friday night of the month, we're going to a local bar to watch a band that an acquaintance of ours plays in. We usually only stay for the first set and are home at a reasonable hour. Saturday, weather permitting, we're going to an outdoor music festival. We'll be going during the day and have no social plans at night so it should be an early night. Sunday we're hosting a small backyard party. I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning and at some point during the weekend I'll be going for a run, most likely Saturday morning. Sunday morning will be spent preparing for the party.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

So far so good with the weekend from an SR (and everything) perspective. We went out last night to see the band and were at the bar for about 3 hours. I had two club sodas. I ran today, first "official" marathon training run, and then did some prep for tomorrow's party. It's raining so we didn't go to the music festival, but instead will be going to dinner tonight.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Dinner on Saturday night went fine as did yesterday's party, but it was a long day. I was up around 7 AM to get my smoker prepared so that I could smoke ribs and our last guest left at around 10 PM. And then me and my wife had about a hour of clean up. We made alcohol available to anyone who wanted and while I would surmise that most had at least one drink during the course of the 8 plus hours they were here everyone drank responsibly. We did go through some beer, wine, and a little hard liquor as well as lot of cola, water, and club soda. My drink of choice was the last option. The long and busy day did not stop me from getting up at my normal time and hitting the gym, but now that I'm in the mid afternoon time window I'm getting tired. Tonight will be an early night; at least that's my plan.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Sounds good GC! I am a week away from a contractor free house and starting to plan a few celebratory and thank-you lunches for friends already. I will follow your advice and plan plan plan