Notices

On My Way #2

Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Can you believe this wonderful Indian Summer, GC? What a treat.

It's very nice that your nephew ran the NYC marathon and thanked for your tips; I am sure that he looks up to you; sounds as though you have a nice relationship.

I'm sure that it felt to receive positive comments on your photographs. How is your photography club going?
Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Can you believe this wonderful Indian Summer, GC? What a treat.
I'm really enjoying it also. I find myself constantly over dressing and wearing clothes that would be more appropriate for more seasonable temperatures.

It's very nice that your nephew ran the NYC marathon and thanked for your tips; I am sure that he looks up to you; sounds as though you have a nice relationship.
Yeah, it was nice to have him not only approach me for training tips, but to take the initiative to thank me afterward. He's a good kid. His "problem" now is that if he ever decides to run another marathon, which he's on the fence about, virtually nothing will compare with NY. The pre race logistics are a bear, but once the starting gun goes off there's nothing like it IMHO and it's by far and away my favorite. Hopefully one day I'll be able to do it again.

I should also add, not that it makes a difference, but to set the record straight he's my first cousin once removed, not my nephew.

I'm sure that it felt to receive positive comments on your photographs. How is your photography club going?
It did, but ironically I was hoping for some constructive criticism so I could get some insight into what some of the very talented folks on the site would have done differently.

Good memory about the photography club. When I initially wrote about it here there was a small flurry of email activity explaining the how the club works, but nothing since. If there is an assignment for the next meeting that has not yet been scheduled I'm not aware, but since we're on the topic I'm going to reach out to the two people I know to see what's going on.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Off to bed after a fine evening with my daughter and wife. Dinner was pork chops in a paprika cream sauce with a side of roasted asparagus seasoned with salt, pepper, and a dash of lemon juice. We (me) spun some vinyl afterward that we all listened to. Gym in the AM tomorrow.

Good night SR!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Glad you had a nice evening.

Goodnight, GC.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Glad you had a nice evening.

Goodnight, GC.
Thanks SL. I'm heading upstairs. Wishing you a peaceful sleep.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I had a solid workout at the gym today and will be taking the puppy out for a walk in a little while.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

As I often do I like to write about my evening plans because the act of doing so helps my resolve.

My wife and I have routine doctor appointments tonight so I'm at the inflection point of either cooking something now that can be reheated quickly later or we grab something to eat at a restaurant after we're done. I'm leaning toward option number 2; nothing fancy, just more of a sustenance meal than anything else. Mid week restaurant meals aren't my style, but sometimes one has to make concessions to the realities of life. If it wasn't over 70F/21C I would have made something in my slow cooker, but it's too warm for that type of meal.

Regardless of what we do there will be no alcohol involved and I plan to go to bed at a reasonable hour.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

As doctors usually run late with their appointments, I vote for the mid-week restaurant meal.

Enjoy your evening, GC.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

As doctors usually run late with their appointments, I vote for the mid-week restaurant meal.

Enjoy your evening, GC.
That thought was a driver in me leaning toward not cooking tonight.

Thanks about the evening and I wish the same for you.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Thanks, GC.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Ugh! Today is Wednesday and not Thursday which means our doctor appointments are not until tomorrow. Consequently we will not be going out for dinner tonight and I'm going to be cooking shrimp scampi with a garden salad for dinner. I rarely serve carbs at dinner due to my wife wanting to avoid them that late in the day. However, there will be some pasta involved tonight, but I won't mix the shrimp and sauce in with it. Depending upon what my motivation is I'll either make my own or use the supermarket boxed stuff.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

That made me laugh.

Must be the change to standard time; I spent all day yesterday thinking that it was Wednesday.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

That made me laugh.

Must be the change to standard time; I spent all day yesterday thinking that it was Wednesday.
Yeah, I laughed about it also. I KNEW today was Wednesday and I KNEW our appointments were on Thursday, but somehow didn't connect the dots. A head scratcher for sure. Peanut butter in between my brain synapses perhaps? :wink
Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Aside from a relatively minor household maintenance issue that took far longer to remedy than it should have it's been a regular Thursday.

Later we have the doctor's appointments I thought were yesterday and decided that I will pull out my crock pot for the first time this season. I'm keeping it very simply; some cubed up beef, carrots, and onions in a straight forward beef flavored sauce that I'll probably thicken at the end. I'll be serving it with mashed cauliflower, which is essentially mashed potatoes without the potatoes.

After dinner plans will likely include watching some Thursday Night Football, but I plan on being in bed at around 10.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Mashed cauliflower is a favorite of mine!!!!

The Big Bang Theory returns tonight!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Mashed cauliflower is a favorite of mine!!!!
Cauliflower is surprisingly versatile. I finished making it a short while ago so it will just have to be gently reheated when we get home.

The Big Bang Theory returns tonight!!!!!!
Aside from sports, I don't watch a lot of TV, but I've seen many BBT episodes and it's a very funny show. Enjoy!
Old 11-05-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

The evening is falling into place. We got back from the doctor, all went well there, and my wife is now at the gym. When she returns we'll have the dishes I prepared earlier, take a walk with the puppy, and then I'll settle into watching some (American) football. I'm still intent on getting to bed early and waking up early to go the gym.

Looking forward, I'm on the cusp of a food fest weekend. Tomorrow night we're taking my daughter out for her birthday since she spent her b'day weekend with her BF in New England, Saturday we're going out for dinner with friends, and Sunday we're meeting my sister and cousins for brunch. Each is going to be fun, but I would prefer that the spacing was more spread out. Something tells me the scale will not be friendly come Monday morning. :-)
Old 11-05-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Does sound like a food fest, GC, but a happy one.

With your exercise routine, you'll burn any extra calories quickly.

Enjoy; good food is one of life's simple pleasures.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Does sound like a food fest, GC, but a happy one.

With your exercise routine, you'll burn any extra calories quickly.

Enjoy; good food is one of life's simple pleasures.
SL absolutely all the gatherings are for good reasons with people I enjoy, I'm thankful for that, and will enjoy each experience.

Regarding exercise my plan is to run on Saturday and cycle on Sunday. My clothes may be a bit tight on Monday, but you can be sure I'll be at the gym.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

With all that exercise, I doubt that you will gain an ounce, GC.