Notices

Class of November 2014 Part9

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

GHD,
My parents just left after 5 days staying with us -- and I didn't kill anybody (although it was a close thing).
I'm glad you made it through, too.
Can't believe we're coming up on another New Year's!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure next year will be a lot easier. It was for me...I get progressively less affected by what others say think or do

D
Old 12-30-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
I made it through Christmas without drinking. Just a few more days before I reach one year of sobriety.

I wish I could say I enjoyed Christmas more sober, but I didn't.
GHD,
Haven't been around, ups and downs, had to get more serious w/recovery.
Just wanted to pop on and congratulate you on 1 year!!!
I'll get there, I'm sure of it.....no day 1's in 2016
Happy New Year.
Magellan
Old 12-30-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Good to hear people are hanging in there during the holidays. So let's see, during the last month my dad got remarried and my new inlaws drink a fair deal, I spent Thanksgiving with them and attended the wedding and then had a big row with my wife's mother over Christmas (she was staying with us). New Year's Eve will be a party with drinking friends, so plenty of opportunities around to screw up but so far, so good, really. I just keep declining the drinks and that's that.

Have a great new year everyone!
Old 01-02-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I still feel an affection for this group; the one that got me started, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting started now. Lost count of the Day 1s since a year ago. At the moment I don't even feel motivated to quit, although I remember very clearly feeling just that way last year right before I did - for six months. There are so many other things I want - that a lot of other people here talk about too: weight loss, fitness, running, etc - that I know I need to stop drinking to achieve. There's a downward spiral I can't seem to halt where I feel crap about myself because I'm letting this happen and so I drink because I don't feel I'm worth the trouble of stopping. Any pearls of wisdom would be gratefully received.

Pix
Old 01-02-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it might seem counter intuitive right now, but if you stop drinking, you'll feel better about yourself Pixie, and infinitely closer to doing all those things you want to do

D.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixie30f View Post
I still feel an affection for this group; the one that got me started, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting started now. Lost count of the Day 1s since a year ago. At the moment I don't even feel motivated to quit, although I remember very clearly feeling just that way last year right before I did - for six months. There are so many other things I want - that a lot of other people here talk about too: weight loss, fitness, running, etc - that I know I need to stop drinking to achieve. There's a downward spiral I can't seem to halt where I feel crap about myself because I'm letting this happen and so I drink because I don't feel I'm worth the trouble of stopping. Any pearls of wisdom would be gratefully received.

Pix
Pixie, the only wisdom I have to offer is based on my experience with long-term sobriety (now over one year for the first time in my adult life). I realize in hindsight that I had no idea just how much damage I was doing to myself mentally, emotionally, and spiritually by drinking so much -- and I wasn't "that bad" compared to others in the sense that I hadn't yet ruined my health or my life. You really have to get away from it for a long while to appreciate the difference.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi class, is there anybody still here? Ive managed to make it to three months, not been easy but have gotten there. How is everyone/anyone doing?
Peace X
Congrats Peace! Sorry for the delayed response. Somehow I missed your post before.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know it might seem counter intuitive right now, but if you stop drinking, you'll feel better about yourself Pixie, and infinitely closer to doing all those things you want to do

D.
Thanks Dee. It actually doesn't feel counter intuitive. It's pretty much how I started last year - the year before now in fact! I knew I was intending to stop for good but a big part of me really didn't see it happening. I don't mean I lacked commitment; I just lacked belief. Now I seem to lack both. I knew it would be harder if I ever fell off the wagon and had to get on again. I used to read posts here from people who had and I just wondered 'why?' In fact it takes very little, usually in the form of thinking you're 'ok' or 'cured' or some other such nonsensical myth. I'm going to keep coming in here and also see how the new January thread is doing. Thanks for the response - GHD too - all wisdom gratefully gobbled up. Fight on,

Pix
Old 01-06-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi class, is there anybody still here? Ive managed to make it to three months, not been easy but have gotten there. How is everyone/anyone doing?
Peace X
I just started reading a little again - I logged back because I knew it was GHD's 1 yr anniv. I never saw this post! You must be north of 100 days? I hope all is still going well!
Magellan
Old 01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are things Magellan?

D
Old 01-10-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi peeps... Checking in, not ready to spill. It's a gusher and you won't be my group anymore but you'll always be my group if you know what I mean. I'm here, reading. Congratulations GHD and everyone that's still sober. I've missed you all.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Hi peeps... Checking in, not ready to spill. It's a gusher and you won't be my group anymore but you'll always be my group if you know what I mean. I'm here, reading. Congratulations GHD and everyone that's still sober. I've missed you all.
Good to hear from you, Gypsy.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi - not many will see this post, this is a good thing.... I just need to start again, it has been a rough couple months, not like rock bottom but drinking is definitely progressive, I didn't want to have a day one in 2016 and am on track to accomplish that because I haven stopped drinking. I keep saying i need to earn my my back to posting here but I just need help, so enough with earning.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi to all Nov 2014 class. Just checking in -- hope you're all enjoying the summer and taking good care of yourselves! I can't believe it's almost August.

I'm not on these forums too much these days, trying to pack in some fun in the small amount of free time I get each week -- but just wanted all my classmates to know that I'm thinking about you and cheering you on.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi workforit
D
Old 08-30-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Hi - not many will see this post, this is a good thing.... I just need to start again, it has been a rough couple months, not like rock bottom but drinking is definitely progressive, I didn't want to have a day one in 2016 and am on track to accomplish that because I haven stopped drinking. I keep saying i need to earn my my back to posting here but I just need help, so enough with earning.
Oh no, Magellan. Sorry I am just seeing this post. I haven't been on SR as much lately either. In fact, I forgot which class I was in since my last drink was actually in December 2014.

You do not need to earn the right to post. I believe you when you say your drinking is progressing. I shudder to think how quickly I would be downing a bottle of wine if I were to pick up again. But trust me, you really can change your habits. I have. And the stress of a demanding job isn't even tempting me.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workforit View Post
Hi to all Nov 2014 class. Just checking in -- hope you're all enjoying the summer and taking good care of yourselves! I can't believe it's almost August.

I'm not on these forums too much these days, trying to pack in some fun in the small amount of free time I get each week -- but just wanted all my classmates to know that I'm thinking about you and cheering you on.

Hi workforit! Sounds like you are doing well. So am I
Old 12-30-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

GHD - I am hoping this message finds you well and I can congratulate you on 4 years! I miss the Class Nov 2014 class and probably need to get back to reading and posting more!!
Old 12-30-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Magellan

D