Notices

Class of November 2014 Part9

Old 09-24-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi class just a quick update. I'm doing a lot better have thrown myself into AA and am giving it my all, going to daily meeting s etc and so far it is helping me to feel more positive than I h ave for a very long time, I know it's early days but I feel like I've got some hope back. Hope you are all doing good.
Peace X
Old 09-27-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Peace, I've never thought of doing AA but I'm really not doing well at the moment so it might be something to think about. It's getting quite close to the time that would have been my anniversary - Nov 17th - and I'm very aware of how far I am at the moment from even getting back on the wagon never mind managing a year on it. Drinking now despite the fact that it's Sunday night and I'm working tomorrow and have to drive there. A few months ago I really, really thought I'd left all this behind. It's really hard to find the strength to get back on the bike. Any thoughts out there, Nov 14s?

Pix
Old 09-27-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi class just a quick update. I'm doing a lot better have thrown myself into AA and am giving it my all, going to daily meeting s etc and so far it is helping me to feel more positive than I h ave for a very long time, I know it's early days but I feel like I've got some hope back. Hope you are all doing good.
Peace X
Good job!
Old 09-27-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Well, I enjoyed my week at the beach in Bermuda. My drink of choice was a strawberry smoothie.

Back to work tomorrow. Will have 9 months' sobriety on Wednesday.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixie30f View Post
Hi Peace, I've never thought of doing AA but I'm really not doing well at the moment so it might be something to think about. It's getting quite close to the time that would have been my anniversary - Nov 17th - and I'm very aware of how far I am at the moment from even getting back on the wagon never mind managing a year on it. Drinking now despite the fact that it's Sunday night and I'm working tomorrow and have to drive there. A few months ago I really, really thought I'd left all this behind. It's really hard to find the strength to get back on the bike. Any thoughts out there, Nov 14s?

Pix
Pixie, since you are posting, I am thinking you are close to giving sobriety another go. Any chance you will put down the drink tonight?
Old 09-27-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
Pixie, since you are posting, I am thinking you are close to giving sobriety another go. Any chance you will put down the drink tonight?
I just realized you are in Scotland and likely asleep by now.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

As it turns out, GHD - and thank you for your concern, it's something that's such a feature of this site - I've just got up, Monday morning, not in a fit state to drive but not much choice in the matter but I have just poured the rest of the wine in the house down the sink. Looks like this is Day 1 of Forever. Here goes.

Px
Old 09-28-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Pixie...I guess you're on the road now so I'll just offer my best wishes. Hope today goes ok

D
Old 09-28-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi class, how are you doing Pixie? I've got to admit that I didn't want to go to AA either but after really really trying for years and years and getting seriously scared that I'd never stop I decided to give it another go. So far it is helping immensely,it's early days but is keeping me sober. I had to accept that I needed outside help. I was scared I'd be recognised or that it will somehow "get out" that I go to AA but I'm now way less bothered if that does happen as sobriety is the most important thing and basically I'm willing to do whatever it makes to get there. If you are struggling I'd say give it a go and a chance, don't just go to one meeting and think this isn't for me, try lots.
Peace X
Old 09-28-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
Well, I enjoyed my week at the beach in Bermuda. My drink of choice was a strawberry smoothie.

Back to work tomorrow. Will have 9 months' sobriety on Wednesday.
That's fantastic you had a good holiday, hope you are all relaxed and HAPPY.

Peace X
Old 09-28-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hi class, how are you doing Pixie? I've got to admit that I didn't want to go to AA either but after really really trying for years and years and getting seriously scared that I'd never stop I decided to give it another go. So far it is helping immensely,it's early days but is keeping me sober. I had to accept that I needed outside help. I was scared I'd be recognised or that it will somehow "get out" that I go to AA but I'm now way less bothered if that does happen as sobriety is the most important thing and basically I'm willing to do whatever it makes to get there. If you are struggling I'd say give it a go and a chance, don't just go to one meeting and think this isn't for me, try lots.
Peace X
Thanks Peace and good for you. I can understand why you might worry like that. I don't feel at the moment that it would be for me. All the wisdom I've gathered from everyone here is forming a big collection that I now carry around with me. I think I've realised the really big danger of that Nostalgia Fairy and her evil pal the You're Cured Fairy. I don't intend to listen to either of them again but I need to keep in touch with this forum to keep remembering the danger. Today was not fun. Felt crap most of the day and I always worry that people will somehow guess when I'm at work in no fit state to be. I know this will sound horribly hollow if I ever relapse again, but I really do mean never to be back here again. I was really worried about getting stopped while driving. I can't afford not to have the car - the job demands it as I need to be in so many places in the course of the week. One of the best things about being sober for all those months was knowing even I did get stopped for anything I didn't need to worry about a breathalyser test.

Anyway, just checking in to report a successful Day 1. I'm actually looking forward to the days to come. Fight on!

Px
Old 09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS Groundhogday nine months is awesome!

Peace X
Old 09-30-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

GHD - the months just keep on rolling along!! Congratulations
Old 09-30-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 9 months GHD

D
Old 10-04-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's awesome peacehappyness

D
Old 10-05-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

21 days today still going strong thanks to AA, feeling hopeful for the future

Peace X
Way to go!
Old 10-05-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Magellan How are you both getting on?

Peace X
Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Three weeks is some real momentum, Peace!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here thanks PH

Hi Magellan and GHD

D
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Thanks Ghd, hope you are doing good

Peace X