Notices

Class of May 2015

Old 05-02-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AGAGONNHOJ View Post
Well past the 48 hour part. So far, physical symptoms seem to have diminished, main thing that remains is feeling in a VERY low mood (met up with a friend earlier, cried a bit, which helped). That and still full of anxiety about the very near future. The depression and the anxiety being linked. Serotonin levels more or less completely tanked. It just breaks my heart that I'm not going to be teaching at my old school, going to miss my students so, so much. And worried about how I'll do at my new school - just hope I can meditate myself back into a better frame of mind, or else the new students are going to have some crappy lessons.
Anxiety and depression. Been there, don't that.
You'll be surprised at how quick that improves. I know it may seem like an eternity while fighting them, but the skies do clear.

Since you're already into meditating, you would probably benefit from reading into NLP (neuro Lingistics programming). Very useful for anxiety and depression. My favorite audio book is "achievement through NLP". Search online for NLP swish technique too. Very useful tool for anxiety.

Keep it up, you're doing great! In no time you're going to have MUCH happier days.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I finally feel good this morning! Maybe day 4 is my lucky day. Hoping it sticks around for the rest of the day as I'm headed in to work.

Catch you all tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
I finally feel good this morning! Maybe day 4 is my lucky day. Hoping it sticks around for the rest of the day as I'm headed in to work. Catch you all tomorrow!
Excellent site! Day 4 was a breakthrough for me too. Had a couple more hills to climb after that, but much much easier. Comes in waves with the good times getting better and better each day. Ride the wave buddy. You're gonna look back and think "well, that was easy".
Old 05-02-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Aaaghhhhhhh don't children know how to think anymore??? Just when my tolerance levels are stretched to the limit my usually sensible 16 year old is acting like a 5-year-old !!!!!

I won't let it affect my will power but I could willingly strangle him !!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VirginiaWoof View Post
Aaaghhhhhhh don't children know how to think anymore??? Just when my tolerance levels are stretched to the limit my usually sensible 16 year old is acting like a 5-year-old !!!!! I won't let it affect my will power but I could willingly strangle him !!
I wonder who has more mood swings.
An early recovering alcoholic or a teenager?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Approaching 60 hours. Heads cleared more or less completely - but still feeling grouchy, irritable, not like talking to anyone.

But at least not depressed or overly anxious. Might even be able to meditate a bit before bed - and be ready to start work next week. Definitely feeling better about things, no matter what.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice sober Saturday evening everyone
Old 05-02-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone, wishing you all success.
I've said it so many times before but I'm determined this time. I have a better plan than before.
1. Drinking's not an option, no matter how I feel.
2. The witching hour (driving back home from work or some other place) will be one of the following instead of stopping en route buying wine:
Lie down and rest if tired, get a healthy snack if hungry, exercise of some sort, do some sort of kitchen thing (new recipe, cook, clean, etc), go to the park or somewhere like that to feel renewed/refreshed. Be mindful of #1.
3. Baby steps. Simplify my life over time by getting things done, building good routines in a bit by bit process (I'm trying FlyLady, which is rather fun). No beating myself up; move forward.
4. I won't take my moods and emotions seriously in the beginning. They'll stabilize as I heal. I will do some art, will play the piano or go out somewhere different that's good for the soul.
5. I will take care of myself with healthy food, treating myself sometimes.
6. I will be very grateful to God for keeping me alive and helping me, and for my good sober friends. I'll be thankful for whatever life brings me, even if it's hard. I'll give back by thinking of ways to help others.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day two has been ok. Work was kinda blah. We've hired way too many new folks lately and they were all there today and moving slow and asking dumb questions and just messing up my flow in general. But I try to remember that I was once a newbie too.

No real thoughts of drinking, just kind of a fleeting thought of "Man a glass a wine would taste good right now" when I got home from work a couple of hours ago.

Going to spend the evening relaxing with a book, maybe watch a movie or something before bed. Wishing everybody here a happy sober Saturday (or whatever day it is for you)!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day Three begins. Feeling somewhat less depressed and more together, which is good because I think the move of apartment is due to happen tomorrow - and been so low and anxious about things that my current flat is still a bit of a ********.

Went out last night, spent time at a bar (but again, only had a fruit shake and some water). Left early again as was feeling tired and grouchy - but even as tired as I was, only got about 4 hours of sleep in the end.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

is there anything to do there besides sitting in a bar AGAGONNHOJ?

D
Old 05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi to all. Burning the midnight oil a bit here. Just can't sleep.

Although I joined (and stopped drinking in feb for the first time in 30+ years)....haven't joined a class til now. So am looking forward to spending some time here, getting and giving support.

Maybe try get some sleep now...
Old 05-02-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome LittleBear
Old 05-02-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome to the May class Littlebear.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It's where all my friends were last night - and didn't want to be alone.

Long as I'm with my friends, in a happy-ish place I don't feel much need to drink or smoke, really.

Its why I did so well this year - because I've been so happy in Chiang Rai, got some amazing friends here, I've found it easy to just sip on a fresh fruit shake (Thailand's good for that, loads of fruit grows here - though I have to tell them not to put too much sugar in it), or tea (The mountains of Chiang Rai province have an ideal climate for growing all kinds of tea).
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I had no craving today. Totally sober. I did not have a "hair of the dog" or a breakfast "drink" from yesterday's' slip/ relapse.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Tahrga

welcome littlebear

D
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 1 (again I'm such a loser). Lying in bed while family is out, I'm looking forward to feeling better emotionally, mentally and physically. I know in my heart that this can't go on, either I'll quit because I choose to, or I'll quit because I have no choice.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome donenow

You're not a loser - you just need to work out the plan that works for you

what have you tried in the past?

D
Old 05-02-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

May, be nice to me...

.......I believe I am in day 10..... I tried not to count, I was hoping it was more somehow; just so foggy. I think about it as I wake up, through out the day & before bed. I've wanted to drink, i become irritated (although i dont show it, i am inside), I wish i could just enjoy a cold beer right now or just a cocktail with friends, but i know i cant, part of me still in denial, but Im just reminding myself of the outcome and hoping to last another week... Welcome new May people, I wish the best for all of us! Lets keep going , day one or years going, just keep going... Much love 💙 Remember to breath deep....