Notices

Class of May 2015

Old 05-08-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Poke that jerk in the eye and watch him weep. He can't make you do anything that you know is bad for you.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey KaleGrrl, glad the knee is improving. Didn't go out but had a donut and a coke, and my flatmate came back and we watched a movie. So it was OK.

It's all good, it's all good.

And Scarlet, sorry to hear about your troubles. Take it easy, wishing you well.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Scarlet it sounds like it's time to find a new Dr and psychiatrist if the current ones don't care. Is that a possibility?

Jack your list is great! I made myself a giant list the other day, but I've only crossed one thing off so far haha I haven't drank though, so it's doing it's job!

I also actually laughed at my AV today, which was new, and slightly crazy. There some sort of reason going on like, if I don't drink for the next 5 years then I can start drinking again for a few years after that. I mean, really? Who thinks like that?!

Starting Monday my healthy food choices go into full effect. I gave myself this week to do whatever, but I'm also starting to feel terrible, which is kind of good because it won't be very hard to stop!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good thoughts going out to this group as Friday comes to a close! This support is so wonderful and positive! Here's to a sober TGiF!
Old 05-08-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Scarlet will be thinking about you and wishing best for you and all...

Not sure if it's gonna work completely but seems every time I drink water AV is going away... Comes back but again I go for the water....has anyone tried it?
Old 05-08-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Planning on making a good healthy dinner and getting a movie I've wanted to watch. I felt a little bit panicky on the way home from work but it seems to have subsided for now. My husband was home and is being very supportive so that helped.
Today I wrote a letter that is basically an intervention to myself. I detailed all of the reasons that I should not drink. I plan on giving it to my husband tonight for safekeeping and telling him to give it back to me if I ever end up on the dark side again. It was very therapeutic. I recommend giving it a try.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good idea, AlleyKat. I'll do that but I'll probably misplace it. Have no one to give it to for safe keeping.

Cursed, I haven't tried water when cravings hit but I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. I seem to need something that has a flavor. I went shopping today and bought a bunch of zero calorie drinks. I'm all set now for anything!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Just checking in. Planning on making a good healthy dinner and getting a movie I've wanted to watch. I felt a little bit panicky on the way home from work but it seems to have subsided for now. My husband was home and is being very supportive so that helped.
Today I wrote a letter that is basically an intervention to myself. I detailed all of the reasons that I should not drink. I plan on giving it to my husband tonight for safekeeping and telling him to give it back to me if I ever end up on the dark side again. It was very therapeutic. I recommend giving it a try.
That's great your hubby is so supportive, AllieKat. I have my plan (longer now) in my wallet and review it whenever I feel the need to. The reasons I have tucked away in a file on my laptop. I also copy/paste things I read here that are inspiring into a file. I tend to lose papers and journals so most everything's on my laptop or phone.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Kale I do the same things with bits of posts I find on here that I think will help me. I keep it somewhere easy to pull up and so far it's been really helpful.

Also, Cissy I just noticed your little user icon! I love that! Going to add it to my list
Old 05-08-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sober tonight. Really craving some candy but it's raining and I don't have a car or an umbrella. Trying to decide if I want to walk the two blocks to the store. I probably will. I really want that candy.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

One thing I notice tonight that is a definite improvement is I don't feel as tense and uptight, but I found myself in the kitchen a while ago, really missing having something alcoholic to drink. It's like I am missing something, like a friend. That's a bad analogy but it's something like that. Why do I feel like this is punishment? I know better! I know better, but it doesn't help those feelings.

Goodnight, all. I have to give myself a better chance at sleeping tonight and that starts with keeping my hands off the keyboard. Be strong and carry on.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Sober tonight. Really craving some candy but it's raining and I don't have a car or an umbrella. Trying to decide if I want to walk the two blocks to the store. I probably will. I really want that candy.
I say go for it! Rain won't kill you. I used to work at a horse farm out in all weather, all seasons. I found out I won't melt or freeze, or disappear in deep pools of mud or snow.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
One thing I notice tonight that is a definite improvement is I don't feel as tense and uptight, but I found myself in the kitchen a while ago, really missing having something alcoholic to drink. It's like I am missing something, like a friend. .
The good news is...the improvements keep getting better and better. You really start saying to yourself...I CAN DO THIS....without curling up in a ball sweating, but with conviction and excitement.

I still have the "I'm missing something" issue. I just need to work on finding a replacement. Something in the kitchen would be good, cause it seems I go there automatically then I start looking around.

I'm thinking of maybe getting into specialty soda's. Something like that. At least early on. Eventually, I need to stop going to the kitchen when I feel tired, stressed, bored, etc. Half the time I don't even think of it...I just end up there.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
I say go for it! Rain won't kill you. I used to work at a horse farm out in all weather, all seasons. I found out I won't melt or freeze, or disappear in deep pools of mud or snow.
I took the plunge and started out on my treacherous journey to the grocery store for some much-needed candy. And, lo and behold, it stopped raining as soon as I left my yard and just now started again as I stepped foot back into my house with candy in hand. I think I was MEANT to have this candy. It was my destiny.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Candy from Heaven. Someone approves.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning from London. Have a good good day.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello again

Finished work yesterday, then jumped straight on the motorbike for the hours ride back to Chiang Rai. Got caught in a storm on the way, got here around 8pm, found power out so couldnt have a hot shower.

Crashed out for about 3 hours, woke up to find power back on, went to join people on Jedyod Road. Was nice, but kind of felt a bit drained - and though I usually have no problem being around people drinking & smoking, felt a bit anxious etc, so it was harder than usual. Didn't even come close to wanting to actually drink though.

Then this morning woke up early, spent most of today on a looooong walk - done over 25km. First went to Wat Huay Pla Gan - a temple which offers free (theres a donation box) vegetarian food, for lunch - vegetarian food isn't exactly easy to get in Thoeng, so filled plate pretty high.

Then to the Buddha caves near the river to practice meditation - but by then I was so tired and drained from heat/sweating that I kept nodding off, so gave up after just a few minutes, went back to town to get some water & salts.

Just having an hour or so online, under the air con, then off to meet friends again, at the shop owned by a Thai friend, for some food.

Overall, could be feeling better, but pretty good indeed - as of tomorrow, I'll be at the 10 day mark, and a full third of the way through the month, wherupon, based on past experience, should notice even more positive changes.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Morning all. First Friday sober in a long time. It was pretty good. Just did what we wanted to, no real set plans, it was a "cool change". Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Morning here. Day 3 for me. Slept well last night. Will have to catch up on some housework since my knee prevented it during the work week, and is doing better now. I'll have to be careful and not make it worse.
Tomorrow will be lovely. Church and then a lunch out at a really nice place with best friend and an older lady we both consider like a mother (and we are her "daughters"). All of our moms and dads have passed away. My mom had a problem with drinking but she tried to stop many times and was always so kind. I remember what I loved about her.
Then later a Mother's Day dinner with my daughter, who also will become a mom soon. I'll be a grandma!
And I'm going to roll out of that restaurant after all that food! Back to diet on Monday.
Wishing all who celebrate it a Happy Mom's Day tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Whoo-hoo! I finally had a good night of sleep! I feel great. I hosted my daughter's sleepover last night and I was present for the whole thing. Everyone will leave this morning with the image of a kind, friendly, and sober dad. That's awesome! Now to go make some pancakes.