Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 21

Old 04-29-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Marty, I hate this for you. Too bad you can't just sub someone else in. I would do it. In a heartbeat. I know this is difficult for you but this is the last time anything related to drinking ever has to interfere with your life. You are strong and you will get through this. Keep your chin up, Ace. We are with you every step of the way.

Kitty!! I'm so glad you are feeling better. I'm totally jealous of the good sleep you are getting. That is reason enough to never ever flippin ever drink again. Keep on truckin, Kitkat.

Jen, I'm on board for the book reading. I'm not in a position to turn down anything that may help.

Sorry guys, so many posts to get caught up on. Someone said something about band names. While I am young and beautiful I have the memory of a **** ant. Not an elephant.

I also just have to say, I'm really proud of all of you. All of us. Those that have overcome all obstacles from the beginning as well as those of us that continue to get back up and try again. We got a good group here. I'm better for knowing each of you.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I agree with copper Marty, this is the last leg of things, then you can put all the alcohol stuff behind you xoxo. Sorry you have to go to jail though
How are things with your guy friend?

I'm starting the book this afternoon copper, trying this again :/

I got my bike tires fixed this afternoon, I live near the river and my city has extensive pathways for walking and bike riding, so I'm going to try and do that in the mornings and/ or evenings, along with yoga.
My mom is helping me rearrange the downstairs in my house to set up my art area! I'm pleased with that
Old 04-29-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey copper! Well I got good sleep last night simply because I wasn't drinking the night before. I still feel like I can sleep even better tonight. Are you sleeping ok now?

I just donated to help the Nepal effort. Last time I slipped I donated to a homeless shelter. I would like to donate to an org that helps people get sober or helps with recovery somehow, I'm still on the hunt for a good org for that. It helps me feel better to contribute, when I am feeling down and out about the fool I make of myself....

There is a guy that lives in my building that I met once on a drunk, last year. We hung out one night at his place drinking and dancing. Nothing happened between us (other than he repeatedly tried to kiss me and I told him I was not into it) and I ended up having to block his number from my phone because he kept pestering me to hang out again, over and over... In fact I recently got a friend request on FB for him (no idea how he found me.) and I saw him again last night in the elevator and he makes sure to use my name in greeting, like we are friends. Anyway, kind of a tangent, but I still feel ashamed about my behavior when I see him because I normally would not be hanging out with him.....ugh. Another reminder why I just can't drink! And trying to forgive myself because I obviously can't change the past.

Kind of went off on tangent but thanks for reading
Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh kitty! Ugh!! I hate that awkwardness and just blah! Having to be reminded of drunken days gone by!! I hope he moves or gets amnesia!!!

Jen....the biking sounds awesome! Might be a good way to meet people too! The weather here is gorgeous and everyone must be skipping work...lots of bike riders and dog walkers out today!

Copper....I love your sentiments! I know I'm a better person for knowing each of you, too! But, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed about the memory part! We were counting on you to keep us organized!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Copper.... We were counting on you to keep us organized!
This is hilarious to me. I've been banking on you old farts to keep everything in running order.

Jen, art areas and biking sounds awesome. Biking is one of my all time favorite things to do. I even had a bad habit of borrowing neighbors bikes during a night of drinking and biking around town in the wee hours of the morning.

Kitty, I think it is great that you donate to worthy causes. Made me smile. I'm sorry about old homie. Always an uncomfortable situation. I'm holding out for amnesia as well. As far as sleeping goes, I haven't slept in 3 days.Usually takes me about two weeks before the night sweats and painful restlessness eases up enough for me to fall asleep.

Hmm, so I got some news today about a job. I have a cousin in Texas that had offered me a job a year ago. Told me when I graduated she could really use me. I had tried to contact her about it a while back and never got in touch with her. Welp, I heard from her today. I have a job if I want it. Not sure what to do about it though as she has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. Obviously it would be a while before I would go as I still have my most time consuming surgery left to go. Something to think about I suppose.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Copper, two weeks?! What do you mean, two weeks post - drink? That is crazy. I hope sleep comes sooner than that for you.
Congrats on the job! So would this mean you would be moving to a new city?
Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Glad you are aware of potential issue. Would this be an issue in working with her, or living with her? Not sure the issue....maybe you can go and show her how awesome sobriety looks
Old 04-29-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sorry Kit, my mind is a buzz so I was a little vague. My concern is both of those issues. Working with her and probably having to stay with her just a bit until I got on my feet. I just wouldn't want a work relationship where I felt obligated to appease her in order to keep my job. I don't know. I told her I couldn't accept at this time because of health issues. I was told the offer stands and just to let her know as soon as I can. I have to think on it. Another issue is outside of big steaks I'm just really not a fan of Texas. I believe a pros and cons list is in order.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still going to hope common sense previails Marty
Copper, while a job sounds great, I'm not sure one is the one for you?

D
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Greetings All.
Marty sometimes judges find a person deserves an exception. I am praying for that in your case.
Copper I hope you find peaceful sleep earlier this time. As for the job offer, as long as you and your sobriety are a priority everything else will fall in place. Strengthen yourself and get healthy and fill yourself with love.
Jen please share what you learn in the book with us. I did not get to read more of the quit smoking book today - I hope to tomorrow.
Brynn how are you feeling? I thought you were heading to the PT rehab hospital today. Update please.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Maybe if I take pita bread and pie to the judge he will see it would be a waste to stick me in jail.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
This is hilarious to me. I've been banking on you old farts to keep everything in running order.

Jen, art areas and biking sounds awesome. Biking is one of my all time favorite things to do. I even had a bad habit of borrowing neighbors bikes during a night of drinking and biking around town in the wee hours of the morning.

Kitty, I think it is great that you donate to worthy causes. Made me smile. I'm sorry about old homie. Always an uncomfortable situation. I'm holding out for amnesia as well. As far as sleeping goes, I haven't slept in 3 days.Usually takes me about two weeks before the night sweats and painful restlessness eases up enough for me to fall asleep.

Hmm, so I got some news today about a job. I have a cousin in Texas that had offered me a job a year ago. Told me when I graduated she could really use me. I had tried to contact her about it a while back and never got in touch with her. Welp, I heard from her today. I have a job if I want it. Not sure what to do about it though as she has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. Obviously it would be a while before I would go as I still have my most time consuming surgery left to go. Something to think about I suppose.
Haha! I missed the part about taking neighbours bikes!
I used to use my own bike and do late night drunken rides around too xx
Old 04-29-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Maybe if I take pita bread and pie to the judge he will see it would be a waste to stick me in jail.
I like the way you think!! It ain't over til it's over. Never know what may happen.

Dee and B, I appreciate the input. I've got time before I have to decide and I plan to thoroughly assess the situation.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Jen, great minds think alike! I always returned the bikes. Even belligerently drunk, I always got them back to their rightful owners.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
Jen, great minds think alike! I always returned the bikes. Even belligerently drunk, I always got them back to their rightful owners.
Thats very cute! Xx
Old 04-29-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Sis B! How was your day? And I'm still at home, I kind of have cold feet about the whole thing so I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Marty, I'm praying the judge has mercy on you! If the judge knew you the way we know you there'd be no question at all! ❤️
Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Take your time Brynn, you'll know if and when you're ready, you're a smart cookie and know what's best for you xx
Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Brynn, I agree with Jen. You are smart and know your body. Do what you know is right when you know it's the right time.

Good and productive day here.
Heading to bed.
Hold down the fort litter.
I hope everyone sleeps well.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Gnight BBQ and litter. love to you all.

Say where has tonks been? Thinking of him. Gnight
Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just read through all posts....is lat & I'm going to call it a night. Love, Love my new job

Marty.....those pita's look so good....definitely take them to the judge. I'm sorry that you have that before you & that you will miss your sons program. I had to be at a victims panel the night my Son graduated from Middle School.....made me very sad too.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone. This is today's reading form a daily meditation book my dear Dad gave me before he passed away.

Remember the past, but don't live in it:

I'll be pleased today that I can remember the past without living in it. I am free from the old hurts & problems that would keep me from directing all my energies & attention to what I am doing here & now.