Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 8

Old 06-18-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
It's a soggy day here. Forces me to do more inside. But will definitely be outside working at some point. Still not caught up on mail for the past three weeks. I need a new shredder. This opening every piece of mail to remove any identifying information gets old. But I feel it is a necessary step to protect myself. Never know when the fraudsters are going garbage picking.

Aches and pains here. Me from years of living, wife from having to move heavy people on her night shift job. Hopefully she passes the board and can get a real nursing job out of the gate. I still haven't heard anything from my job app. I'm told to give it a month before I start knocking on the HR door while they sort it out. And don't knock too often. Limbo - been there so many times that I don't mind it anymore. In the past I would be angry and impatient over the entire process. I'm very relaxed these days. Poor, but relaxed.
Feeling relaxed is a gift Brain. I wish I could feel more of that. Down here in this Washington, DC culture if you feel relaxed people think that you just don't understand the situation.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I intend to have a great weekend with visiting kids and grand kids. And friends. Our house can sleep quite a few people, though some must grab a comfy couch. Summer solstice coming Sunday; fathers day; my birthday, as it turns out. Many aspects aligned in the old universe, it seems. Spring has happened way too fast for those of us not in Australia. I've had a great week, very physically challenging, and though tired, feel pretty good for an old guy. And admit to being very much into Orange is the new Black. And my Lethane crime novel. Such is life.
Hope you are feeling better, TL. And you can catch some of LB's relaxation, Vet.
And that Zero can play a good gig this weekend, if that's possible. And thanks, Dee, for always interjecting good energy here.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

You sound great,Jack Russell. Going to work out with the wife this morning before starting work. Off to a Nationals game to.orrow as a Father's Day gift. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Fathers Day you US guys

D
Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

yeah, Happy Father's Day to all of you Fathers. None that I am aware of myself - not for lack of trying mind you...
Summer solstice - parties happening I suppose. I am so out of the loop with the party crowd, they think I fell from the face of the earth.

Yep, Vet, the 'relaxed' attitude doesn't go well with that type of work. In my old job, being relaxed was frowned upon. It was high energy, high stress 24-7. They didn't like that I would try to make it fun. That was an absolute no-no. But even though I goofed it up as much as possible, I was one of the sharpest they had and was relied upon for major and difficult stuff. So I could get away with clowning. But the ridiculous pressure they tried to put on everyone. Everything I did was scrutinized beyond belief. They had people watching the people who watched the people who watched me (and my peers). Think this is an exaggeration? I promise you it is not.

Nobody should have to work in that environment. The alcohol abuse rate in this place is through the roof. That is also a fact.

My big worry today... uh, pull some weeds and decide whether to spend a few bucks on some more plants - money we don't really have at the moment. But I don't care.
Have a great weekend.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

You have a good weekend too Brain. And positive energy to you on the job front.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day!

We are approaching the Winter Solstice here. My pagan heart thinks of it as a time when the soul is reborn and Light continues to awaken our spirits. Blessings of the Light y'all!

I am waiting on the results of my MRI. Still in pain but the Lyrica is helping the neuralgia and I can only take paracetamol for the headache that's been hanging around for more than 2 weeks now. Hopefully a diagnosis and treatment plan soon.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I hope you recover quickly. Persistent pain is difficult. Positive energy to you TL.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
waking down

Howdy from www.sonicbloomfestival.com

Just checking in. Happy solstice! I'm tripping on sobriety in a sea of crazed youth. Good times!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things get better and better soon TL
Have fun Zero
happy weekend all

D
Old 06-20-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

You too, Dee. Happy winter solstice!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Jack - happy summer solstice

D
Old 06-20-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Sonicbloom festival looks pretty good, Zero. Woodstock with a hair of Burning Man. Great way to pass into summer. Enjoy.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

You guys made me think of something. Instead of 'it's five o'clock somewhere' as I used to say.
It now has become, "The days are getting longer somewhere." A positive look at the world. So all you down "south" the days are going to start getting longer now.
Rained all night here - awesome! Much to do as always. I just need to decide where to start. Mrs Brain went straight to bed this AM - no breakfast nothing more than a hello/goodnight and a giving me crap for watching the 3 stooges. It is a lazy morning but it looks like the sun is breaking through the clouds - hot and humid again. I was dripping sweat yesterday and will be again today. Once I get started I enjoy digging in the dirt.

Yesterday I was in a grocery ans this kid in a shopping cart started crying loudly a few feet from me. He was wearing a Phillies outfit (that's the Philadelphia baseball team). I said, I'd cry too if I was a Phillies fan. His mom thought it quite funny AND he stopped crying.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I went to the Nationals-Pirates game yesterday with good seats as a Father's Day present. I got to see Max Scherzer pitch a no-hitter. What a day! Life is good.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

awesome that you saw a no hitter Vet. The second great thing about that is the game had to go fast too - always a bonus.

Happy Fathers Day.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

The Three Stooges, LB? Really?
Old 06-22-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I received the entire three stooges library on dvd for christmas - it was a re-gift. Something like 20 discs. Every episode ever. I watched disc #3. I kept watching hoping it was the last one for the last four episodes.

If you remember MASH, they asked Colonel Flag why he never smiled. His reply, "I watched 100 (?) hours of the three stooges and whenever I felt like laughing I would stick myself with a cattle prod."

I laugh at the 3 stooges. And I finally found a woman who does too. Another one of her endearing qualities.
Work week starts here. I needed the break on sunday. It actually feels like a real job when I keep normal working hours. Still catching up on years of neglect - procrastination. Once I have everything organized and consolidated/condensed, I won't think twice about hopping in the jeep with kayak and tent and just taking off.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

The Stooges routine that I remember is Curly saying "Niagara Falls". Which puts Moe into a kind of dissociated trance. Moe asks, 'Niagara Falls?'
Continues, zombie-like. 'Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch, and then I.....'. Begins beating up Curly. The routine is repeated when Curly triggers him. I gather it was an old Vaudevillian schtick. These guys did their stuff in the 30's, but probably were using things learned from the turn of the century. A good window on humor, and how it develops. And ages. Enjoy, LB.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I should have known, there's a youtube link. Migod, google links Niagara falls and the stooges to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc