Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 8

Old 06-13-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh and Jack I forgot to add noone has any idea what caused mine - might be trauma from a fall or me grinding my teeth, might be something from my cerebral palsy, might just be luck of the draw.

they just don't know.

D
Old 06-13-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I agree on the toll that worry takes on people. though I must admit, that I do it, though much less than I probably should, considering life circumstances. Ha!
I don't know how people deal with chronic pain. But you do. Philosophy must play a roll, with pharmacology. All the best.
New grandson in hospital with infection. Kudos to our hospital system; newborn presents to family doc with fever; sent to emergency; bumped immediately and admitted to hospital. Spinal fluid taken. tests tests tests. In hospital for one to two weeks while it's diagnosed and treated. Newborns are soo susceptible to infection, immune systems so untrained. All looks good, tho, at the moment. Test results good. Early release. Our system works pretty well. Am grateful.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes some of the despair away now I know I can treat the pain, Jack
Old 06-13-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I am a whining ill tempered person when I have something like a tooth ache. And it humbles my sometimes otherwise inflated sense of my elevated, insightful self.
How long have you had cerebral palsy, Dee? Michael J Fox certainly is the poster kid for the disease. It must be a journey for you. A continuing journey.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Administrator

Michael J Fox has Parkinsons - still a great inspiration tho

https://www.cerebralpalsy.org.au/wha...erebral-palsy/

My cerebral palsy is from birth - it was a rough birth and I had some brain damage - didn't affect my intellect but most other things were affected.

While it doesn't generally get worse with age, the secondary stuff - joint wear and tear etc really kicks my butt these days.

I think guys like Fox have it harder tho - I've never known anything else.

Life is Good
D
Old 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good that life is good, Dee.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good thoughts guys. It helps to know you're all here.

trigeminal neuralgia is something else they are looking at. sometimes I can't open my mouth.

I am hopped up on morphine and a drug that sounds similar to the one Dee takes. I see the neurologist in the morning.

I'm not supposed to be typing as it causes muscle tension and increases the pain.

Prayers for the little one jackrussell :-(
Old 06-14-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and take it easy TL...the daily readings and stuff seem sorted anyway

D
Old 06-14-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

My little guy is OK.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Jack I meant to comment but yesterday was a bit mad...I kept being sidetracked

I'm really glad the little bloke is doing ok again
Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
waking down

Our bodies are sources of such great pleasure and pain. I, for one, abused the privilege of inhabiting this one and now it seems I'm paying the price. I'm grateful I am not now in severe pain and that my issues are more about discomfort and inconvenience. Small price. My heart goes out to you, TL, and Dee, and all those who experience physical pain. I hope treatment and time will help. In the end, though, our bodies betray us...each and every one. Until that time, peace and comfort to you all...
Old 06-15-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Peace to you too Zero. Philip Seymour Hoffman knew pain all too well.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by Vet69 View Post
Peace to you too Zero. Philip Seymour Hoffman knew pain all too well.
Thanks. I don't know if he was in physical pain, but he was obviously in pain.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not doing too badly at the moment... but thanks Zero

D
Old 06-16-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I go away for a couple weeks and the world is falling apart. Sorry to hear of the discomfort/pain TL. And hope you get back on track soon.

Reminds me of one of my drinking follies in Cancun. Had compression fracture of three vertebra while challenging this big Samoan dude - he had to go 300+. Yesterday after spending the day working in the yard I got that very familiar pain across my shoulder near the neck. I've been dealing with it for ten years. I can't go to a chiropractor because a bone scan I had at the time identified that my bone structure was like an 80 yo (?) lady from all the abuse over the years. My nourishment came from a bottle much of the time.
To think I didn't eat for days - just drank.
A chiropractor won't touch me now - too risky. The doctors warned me to quit drinking and tobacco 15 years ago. Hopefully I can build myself back up.

Glad the baby is fine Jack.

Wish I had a do over...
Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
waking down

I'm pretty convinced my chiropractor squeezed all the pulp out of one of my discs. He was convinced I didn't have an extrusion and insisted on cranking on me for days on end. I finally told him I thought he was hurting me and got an MRI. When he saw the results he looked nervous. I think he smelled a lawsuit, but there's no proving it, and besides, my insurance (after a $5000 deductible) covered my surgery and ongoing PT, so whatever... No more chiropractors for me, though.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I've been spared physical pain, largely, in this life. So far.
Can't imagine what you, in this little group, report. It's stunning to see that so many people live with chronic pain. Thanks for reminding me of who is on the other side of the posts I see.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

It's a soggy day here. Forces me to do more inside. But will definitely be outside working at some point. Still not caught up on mail for the past three weeks. I need a new shredder. This opening every piece of mail to remove any identifying information gets old. But I feel it is a necessary step to protect myself. Never know when the fraudsters are going garbage picking.

Aches and pains here. Me from years of living, wife from having to move heavy people on her night shift job. Hopefully she passes the board and can get a real nursing job out of the gate. I still haven't heard anything from my job app. I'm told to give it a month before I start knocking on the HR door while they sort it out. And don't knock too often. Limbo - been there so many times that I don't mind it anymore. In the past I would be angry and impatient over the entire process. I'm very relaxed these days. Poor, but relaxed.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
I am a whining ill tempered person when I have something like a tooth ache. And it humbles my sometimes otherwise inflated sense of my elevated, insightful self.
How long have you had cerebral palsy, Dee? Michael J Fox certainly is the poster kid for the disease. It must be a journey for you. A continuing journey.
Pain is terrible when it can't be managed. I think Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's Disease, Jack. My late mother had it. Something for me to watch out for.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend

D