Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 8

Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
waking down

My house is supposedly haunted by numerous spirits. I've had lots of experiences, including seeing a woman in the hall. I'm still a skeptic.

Interesting about the experiment with caffeine and other substances. We have found that alcohol wards off ghosts. I.E. if you're drunk enough they can't penetrate and you won't be bothered. Strange world. Anything is possible, I suppose.

They also seem to respond to a good scolding. They're scared of my wife. They don't bother us anymore, but guests report nocturnal visitors sometimes.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Dee: you had two near death experiences. On some level, conscious or not, there must have been some psychic shock there, some trauma. You think these may have played into later substance abuse issues? Or not relevant? Just wondering.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've thought about that...but in the end I think there were a lot of very mundane reasons for my addictions, Jack - heredity, disability, anger and frustration mixing with high sensitivity and a certain degree of intelligence...

I know that's very boring lol - but there it is. Maybe its because there were no bright lights, or friends to greet me...just...nothing.

I think, if there's a way those NDE played into my addictions, it was probably a certain recklessness...I simultaneously thought I was invincible while also not minding if I died, which is kind of a neat trick if you think about it?

D
Old 05-29-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

In the big picture, I'm doing pretty well. Sunny warm spring day. Pocket dialed yet another friend on Face time, I have no idea why this happens. heard my phone ringing in my pocket, while I was at work, eagerly pulled it out, and when it stopped ringing, heard someone say hello and saw a jagged, disjointed video of, I guess, someone pulling their phone out of their pocket, and then a vast downtown landscape appeared, blue sky, street scene, skyscrapers, then my friend's face. I hung up out of embarrassment. Last image: his face looking rather puzzled but ready. I will email and apologize.
How do I lock the screen on my iphone? I know that this isn't a tech group. Near death experience, yes. iphone help, possibly?
Hope all are well.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I don't have an iphone so I am no help.

We didn't see Bigfoot but we had a lovely moonlit hike for a few hours. Heard lots of weird sounds in the bush, had a few rocks thrown at us and so forth. Cooked up some bacon on a campfire to see if the smell attracted anything. Ate the bacon. :-)
Old 05-31-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
waking down

"Had a few rocks thrown at us and so forth..."

????
Old 05-31-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

The dreaded Australian redneck, boganus urbanus TL?

D
Old 06-01-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Off to another work. The complete remodeling of the inside of our house is complete. It took two months but it looks good! Almost destroyed my marriage though. Living together on what is tantamount to a construction sight is not healthy for a relationship.

We're okay now. I'll never go through this again!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Arrow

The rocks come flying out of the trees. We were pretty sure no one else was around. We didn't advertise where we were going. It was late at night.

Mysteriously thrown rocks abound in places where Bigfoot is supposed to lurk. My friends have had entire trees thrown at them on other forays.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I don't think I could cope with a renovation Vet. I'd have to move out. You're very brave! Two months seems really quick for the whole house.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Well thankfully it was the inside and nothing outside. We're finished except for touch ups and nail pops. I'm glad.

We have our Bigfoot legends here too. I think one works in the office adjacent to mine. I don't like him.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
waking down

I thought I met bigfoot once, but turns out I was just looking in the mirror. Dirty hippy...
Old 06-02-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

LOL you guys :-)
Old 06-04-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey, Decemberists! I became a grandfather yet again yesterday! It's always humbling to witness a new little person being embraced by family. A tiny little bundle, fresh out of the mom, gesticulating with arms and hands, all the womb movements still happening, but different environment. All adults melt in the presence of a newborn.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Jack

D
Old 06-05-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
waking down

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful experience.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Birth throws out soo much energy. Like lightning hitting the ground. And the psychosocial world around birth draws out the whole spectrum of the needs and talents of those involved. Which means: you see the best, and the worst. I'm talking family here. Nursing staff was great. Family, not so, at times. But it draws out drama. Bi-symmetrical with the funeral thing, I think. Still: a time for celebration.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Awww congratulations Grandfather Jack and congrats to the mummy and daddy!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I sense that the absence of LB is having an effect on the flow here. Hope all are well. Wet spring after a drought. A part of my peer group is celebrating his 80th! (married a younger woman, who is my peer.) Still in good shape, still does karate, but understandably worried about what lies ahead in the next few years. Scary number. Have done some mindful walking around my place, which is largely green fields and trees. Interesting how the flood of heavy spring sensual stuff can be pecked at by worries. I try to smell the flowers and feel the sun and light breezes, and ignore the handwringing voice. The moment can sometimes be a pretty hard nut to crack.