SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/365177-one-year-over-part-25-a.html)

FBL 05-01-2015 03:40 AM

Andy, congrats on 2 years!

We used to catch crayfish when we were kids at our lake cabin in northern Minnesota. My dad hunted for squirrel quite often as a kid on the farm in SW Wisconsin. Can say that I never developed a taste for either. I'm pretty basic when it comes to food...a real meat-and-potatoes kinda guy:)

Oh by the way, THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Dee74 05-01-2015 03:58 AM

Congratulations treerat :)

D

DrakeCKC 05-01-2015 03:59 AM

Congrats on 2 Andy! :a122:

:nyc :nyc :nyc

Soberwolf 05-01-2015 05:35 AM

Awesome milestone Andy

:hb6

stevie88 05-01-2015 12:30 PM

Glad I've found my way back here to be fair as the last two days I have struggled a little...Not craving like crazy but things have happened where I have just lost my temper and thought that I would just be better off drinking again.

I know drinking ain't an option and I'm in a better place than ever before but sometimes it seems like all my efforts are in vain....It's as if I never used to get this much grief when I was drinking..

Perhaps it's just me being tired as I'm still working 70 hours a week and I ain't had no time off for over 7 months , I've got a week off in June and another week off in August so hopefully that will recharge my batteries.

Everything else is going well , I'm still training hard at least 4 times a week and people are actually noticing changes in my body now and actually ask if I work out which sort of boosts my ego a little lol.

Any how thanks for letting me rant , I hope everyone else is well.

Take care all.

Steve.

Itchy 05-01-2015 12:36 PM

Andy! :bday:bday:bday

May I present the one with the achievement . . . Andy take a bow!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/pa...smiley-038.gif

tootsl1 05-01-2015 02:18 PM

Andy perhaps you should hide, Treerat being slang term for squirrel and squirrel seemingly on plenty of menus among the Overs!! Congratulations on 2 years sweetie xx

Steve, post away love, that's what we're here for. Only 70 hours a week now a days? What? You gone part time? :) seriously, you really do need to get some serious downtime.

I've eaten rabbit, croc, kangaroo,ostrich, would happily eat guinea pig and to be honest if my plain crashed in the snowy mountains, yeah I'd chew on a little 'long pig' but tripe? Na uh!!

feeling-good 05-01-2015 02:34 PM

I'm loving THIS Friday! :) TV is really funny this evening which is just what I needed after a busy and stressful week. Congrats to those with milestones and chocolate and hugs to everyone :D

Soberwolf 05-01-2015 02:50 PM

I wanted to know if D had any bushtukka tales or might know of ?

I have had crawfish/mudbags on my mind since Itchy mentioned them yesterday i remember saying i think i would like them with cajun seasoning and today i read the way Itchy prepares seasons and serves his and it sounded so delicious

I couldnt eat a Guinea pig in normal conditions if i had to eat it to live then of course

I was watching a show earlier about Iceland and i already knew this but it jogged my memory.... In Iceland you get something called lava bread every home has its own unique recipe but basically the hot springs there cook the bread its left for 24h then taken home to serve etc every community has thier own hot spring

Some Icelanders catch & eat puffin theres also this fish i cannot remember the name but its really ugly but tastes really amazing

Waiting to watch the latest installment of breaking bad i think this show is exellent

Have a nice friday evening friends

Mags1 05-01-2015 08:35 PM

Morning Overs

Puffin!!, those adorable little birds wolfie.?

Feeling-good, my TV seemed rubbish on On Friday, but then again I didn't have the remote!

Stevie, you must be looking forward to your week off in June, 70 hours a week is almost double to regular working hours.

InParticular 05-01-2015 10:24 PM

Two years congratulations andy!!!! Excellent.

Stevie always nice to see you here :)

I did a news spot on the radio today! Had to write the script and everything. It was fun and nervewracking. A little extra cash too. Thank goodness it's friday. Just did two 17+ days in a row. I'm done.

Toots-long pig! Haha funny.

Dee74 05-01-2015 11:57 PM

Stevie when you say you feel sometimes like all your efforts are in vain - in what ways is your life not measuring up to what you thought it might be?

Reply if you like, but I don't need to know the answer, man...I just think if you can work that out you might be able to work out how to fix things? :)

D

instant 05-02-2015 01:21 AM

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. I'm sober, it's early evening Saturday- the girls have been out and will be home later. I am organising dinner for them and listening to music- I like a bit of trance, between my classic rock and Nu Soul. it's luxury- trying out a new recipe as well- it's good to have the drive and mental energy to spend on new things.

FBL 05-02-2015 02:58 AM

Have a great weekend, overs!

Mags1 05-02-2015 07:00 AM

Hi overs

Fbl, your avatar reminds me a bit of Hurricane Smith, he wrote music and songs and also wrote some for the Beatles.

Soberwolf 05-02-2015 07:01 AM

Afternoon Overs

Mags when i first the iceland natives catching puffin on tv i thought the same i still do them lil fellas were on my books growing up

stevie88 05-02-2015 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5349084)
Stevie when you say you feel sometimes like all your efforts are in vain - in what ways is your life not measuring up to what you thought it might be?

Reply if you like, but I don't need to know the answer, man...I just think if you can work that out you might be able to work out how to fix things? :)

D

Hey big man I will answer because I need to get it off my chest.

Since I quit drinking I have threw myself into everything that includes work , being a father , hitting the gym , boxing and I believe that I have to be the best at what I do and if I ain't hitting my expectations then I think that I'm failing in my goals.

This week I have had two issues , one was work related and the other I had to question myself as a father in the way I was disciplining my son.

On both occasions it was pointed out that I was wrong when in fact I thought I was doing right and got upset when told so.

Just makes me feel that sometimes my efforts are in vain and that no one criticised me when I was drinking.

I think that's it anyway lol.

Thanks for listening.

Steve.

tootsl1 05-02-2015 11:05 AM

Steve, the people who said you were wrong were giving their opinion of what you did, which isn't necessarily right. I am pretty sure you got things plenty wrong when you drank, but perhaps belligerently ignored it? Whereas now you have a recovering alcoholics super- sensitivity to criticism. The people who told you you did the wrong thing, did they then tell you a better way to deal? Did you in your heart feel that perhaps you could have dealt better? Life is about living, experiencing and learning. So you may have done those things better, and being sober enough to consider what you did, I am sure that you will deal differently. The main situation is the way you parented your son. If you feel you did something wrong, never be too proud to apologise to him. Admitting our frailty, our humanity, actually makes us a bigger better person and your son will learn that even adults aren't always right, but love means you can say sorry.
Try not to overanalyse the situations, as I say we addicts seen to have thin skins and hyper sensitive egos. We need to take that into consideration when we find ourselves becoming defensive of our actions. Don't be too down on yourself love, I know whatever you did, was not done maliciously.

FBL 05-02-2015 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 5349507)
Hi overs

Fbl, your avatar reminds me a bit of Hurricane Smith, he wrote music and songs and also wrote some for the Beatles.

Mags, I found this clip of ol' Hurricane and I agree, he looks a bit like Zappa. I remember that song when it first came out and it was a big hit here in America, even though it sounded dated even then.

Mags1 05-02-2015 12:30 PM

Wolfie, yeah, I remember the puffins on books, I'd forgotten.

Fbl, it certainly is dated but I did like the music and still do but unsure if it's a sax in some places , not sure about his singing tho.lol.