# 81 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy, how's things down there?

FG, I agree with you on the weather, I had to put my heating back on and dig out the extra blanket!

I am feeling sorry for myself just now literally have a major pain in the neck. It seems to have gone into spasm and I'm not sleeping well or able to do much. Actually phoned in sick yesterday as was in agony. I now have extra strong painkillers which give some relief for a while, but I can't take too many as they upset my stomach, so I have a delicate balancing act. I can't run with it either so getting frustrated about that too. Ach, no point moaning. I have today off anyway so hopefully tomorrow I will be back into work. There is a limit to how much time I can spend sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself and I think I have passed mine already!

I love brisket have cooked it for years and love the American carnivorous tendencies of the well stacked sandwich. We went to a BBQ shack in Syracuse looked nothing from outside but was always mobbed, basically all it sold was pulled pork, brisket, ribs and wings. I think it was on an episode of Man V Food. Mmmmmmmm I am a total carnivore. Sorry if that upsets any veggies out there!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Do your best

Toots have you had a chinese massage my Mil just had one and she said it was amazing and helped her aches & pains untold she paid between 35-50 pounds she is going to go again heck i might go lol

Brisket is so awesome i bought my joint from my local supermarket for a really decent price

Morning Treerat
Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

toots! brill-e ant, yet again

i have a box of wooden matches, have to give that a try

day 3 so far

itch, one of my antique customers has a pooch like that,

cute, though very protective
Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Best of luck on kicking the cigs, RZ. My Dad always said that quitting smoking was tougher for him than quitting drinking and he did more than his share of both. I never started smoking, just couldn't get past the terrible smell.

Have a great Tuesday, gang!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ugh - a day of courier frustration but never mind, all seems to have gone well in the end! Off to the bank now
Old 04-28-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs
Old 04-28-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs. Sunny here now.

Toots, hope your pain in the neck goes quickly it can be such a pain! Especially if you don't get those endorphines released by running.

Itchy, I wish I could get myself motivated to a regime, I did for a while then stopped. My getupandgo has got up and gone.lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Whats happening folks???

Been ages since I last posted here and only found my way back here after chatting to my mate bluebird who has a journal on here.

Things are going well...Just coming up to 2.5 years sober and nearly 1.5 years cigarette free.

Still hitting the gym hard as the training and gym lifestyle is a key factor in me staying sober.

Think I need to start posting here again and making myself accountable as even though I'm feeling great I still have low days now and again.

Great to see a few old faces still here and I hope everyone is well.

Take care all

Steve.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Stevie! Good to see you!
Old 04-28-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Steve
Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi, Stevie!
Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Tongue boiled like brisket looks terrible until you slice it like lunch meat. I will eat every part of our domesticated and game animals except the eyeballs. Here's the way I was introduced to a tongue sandwich on rye with mustard in a Jewish deli! Matzoh with noodles - Picture of Sarge's Deli & Restaurant, New York City - TripAdvisor

To die for. Mexicans do barbacoa,. and that's not BBQ! They take a whole peeled but whole steer or cow head, eyes ears and all, season it and bury in hot coals underground wrapped in leaves covered with dirt for 24 hours. When they raise it up, it goes in the center of the table and all are served by the "Patron." Guests of honor get the eyeballs and I was the Guest at my first one. I loved everything, cheeks, lips, crunchy ears and some brains and tongue, each delicacy served in a flour tortilla. They also had broiled up some kidneys. There were three Norteamericanos at that table as guests. only two eyes. It was our host and girlfriend and a few of his fellow ranchers. I slipped the eyeball tortilla to my other friend and El Patron pretended not to see me pawn it off, as that would be insulting I was told. The Habanmero peppers (HOT!) and all the spices complemented the food and beer but it was one of those dinners that burned on the way out the next morning too. The kidneys were crispy at the edges and delicious albeit a bit greasy. Every part of the barbacoa was consumed with only the skull remaining cracked on top. I had been eating tongue for years before that feast. I love the tripe and intestines they make down there too. And I am not trying to sound brave because it is so good that once I got over the idea of some, I was fine. I liked their tripe soup called Menudo, but they always put too much cilantro in it for my taste. I can deal with it.

The pooch in that pic wasn't mine. Our Shar-Pei, Bogart, has been gone now for 9 years. We had to put him out of his misery when a fast growing cancer got his rear leg at 14 years old. One of the longest lived for the breed. He was born in Germany, stayed there with is for three years, then a year in San Antonio as I retired, The he traveled with us in our RV for years after I retired at 45. He was with us here for the last two years of his life. He was very protective and would only allow one pet on greeting when a guest came in. They could step over him walk around him, and in Europe where we could take our dogs out to restaurants with us, he would lie at my feet quietly and ignore all other people or dogs. He was obedience trained on and off leash. Belko0w is his real pic.

Hi Andy!

RZ,
Bogie was protective too. He preferred company ignore him after he greeted them once I introduced him, and from then on he wanted no touches or direct talking. No snapping or aggression, he would just growl low under his breath and move away from the obviously ill bred guest. He was not as nice when we were not home. One guy tried to watch him for us one time and he would not let him in the door! His buddy! who he let touch and scratch his ears when I was there, was not getting in.

Three days! Huah Zippy!

Hi FG. Courier frustration?

Mags,
You will when you are ready. I can do the regiment it is the work of planning it and the finality of commitment.

Toots,
That is a real pain in the neck. Chiropractor? Feel better fast kiddo.

Hey Stevie! Long time no ratchetjaw! We will be here when you need us.

Drake, Gil, (Tips Hat to the ladies and nods to the men.)

7:30 PM here. Gotta go and watch "The Voice" and then the beginning of the three night special crossing over the shows to each others from "Chicago Fire" to Chicago PD and "Law and Order SVU" I think.

Rained again, tomorrow starts five days of predicted intense photon bombardment from the hydrogen reaction on the nearest star. It will reduce to nothing for 12 hours daily then flare up again.

Nite Overs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
The Face.jpg (16.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-28-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Re-Member

He was very large for a champion registered Shar-Pei weighing in at 65 pounds with almost no fat. Just skin and muscle.

Oh here is Bogie doing the DERP like the other pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
melted.jpg (54.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you Steve

D
Old 04-28-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your dog is awesome Itchy what a pooch hes gorgeous love his head sorry about the weather il try uploading some pics of mine tomorrow

A whole half foot of pure jack russel funny enough everyone says how strong & muscular he is anyone who walks him knows thier in for an adventure lol

hes trained but hes a bit too human a lot of ppl think dogs are dumb they can be but they also seriously intelligent and very human

we could proberly swap stories for hours lol

Right now hes in doggy dreamland he dreams a lot and sometimes i go over and stroke him for a bit to calm him goodness knows what he dreams about
Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs.

Dee, now Felix is looking at me, I really will have to motivate myself to get up and go, thankyou.

Wolfie, I agree, our pets can be almost human sometimes and adorable.

Itchy, your dog is gorgeous, I bet he takes some serious excercise. You're more adventurous than me when it comes to food, I remember my dad used to eat tripe with vinegar on it, and it looked, well gross. But that's just my unqualified opinion, I've never tasted it.

Hi toots, rusty, feeling-good, Fbl, Andy, Drake, Steve , Gilmer, Inpar, Kris and all. Have a good Wednesday .
Old 04-28-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Hi Toots, Wet here this morning. I got a frozen neck when I was in Korea I asked our office in Seoul to get me some help from our medic insurance MD in the states. By the time the message got to the MD it said I had a broken neck lol.

Steve, good to hear from you, how's the ice cream consumption?

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Steve! Great to hear from you, BoozeFree of the Undies was just asking after you the other day!

I hope the burnt matches help Zip, be strong, it's so worth quitting, you really begin to feel the benefit pretty quickly, though I got a wracking cough when I first quit & put on weight even though I watched my diet. I reckon smoking messes with your metabolism, which is why weight gain is common on quitting ( that and a lot of folk pick at sweeties instead.

Wolfie I had a wee Jack, she was such a cutie, the cat was bigger than her and it was so funny to watch them chase each other around the house! I trained her to shut the door as they would fling it open in a whirlwind of energy and I got fed up of having to get up to close it!
Itchy I have always spent a lot of time training my dogs, even as a child. I really hate to see a disobedient or untrained dog. Molly was a joy to train, she just wants to please me so does everything I ask of her. I rarely have her on the lead and the path we run on is shared with cyclists so when I see them coming I call her to my side and she runs tight at my heels until they have passed. Sometimes if she sees them first she comes without needing called.

Happy hump day all. My neck is still a pain, but I am heartily sick of my own pathetic company so I'm doping up and heading into work. The more mobile I am the quicker it will ease out anyhoo.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

hiya steve

itch, bogie has the same personality as oliver has

oliver is dark gray

tootsy, i'm into twirl'n & figit'n swizzle-sticks now!