Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 6

Old 04-26-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

90F jealous

OK lets get the embarrassing bit out the way, I did not see anyone from Game of Thrones as they not scheduled to appear until 4th May (Mayday public holiday). I mispread the ad, had some friends with me, fortunately they are not massive GOT fans

Went to watch the London Marathon today. It's so colourful and funny to look at some of the costumes
Old 04-26-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Saoutchik. Well at least you know what you're doing that day lol.

Good you got out to the marathon.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

No 'mother of dragons', what?

I had a great visit with my son the last two days. He flew in from TN friday and left this morning, he had his last mandated visit with his PO yesterday morning. Yeah!!!. He is finally off probation.
He's in the pipe fitting union and went to TN for a job. He's been there for 6 months. (yes, he was not suppose to leave the state, so it was very stressful, now he can go where ever.)
Anyhoo, this time around i stayed out of his business and only listened, ( yes, Dee, I did not try to fix him). We had a very nice peaceful visit. And...when he left this morning, I said, " If there is anything I can do for you, just call." This is huge progress for me. I'm a bona fide co-dependant and I try to fix everything and before you can do this, you need to know everything.

It's another beautiful day. Later
Old 04-26-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great job sister. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Have a great day
Old 04-26-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great start to the new week tomorrow your all awesome and its very heartening to see you all doing so well

You guys rock
Old 04-27-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning. This weekend was crazy at work as things quit working and I was running around crazy trying to fix them. I hope things get better this week. At least I didn't have to drown in alcohol to ease the stress. I just dealt with it and in the end our customer was happy with thing

I hope you have a nice trip to Florida Teebee. I really like the Florida and I am considering retiring there. We are debating if we should move there or stay here in Texas.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sounds like you did the right thing Sisterbobby. Guys don't like being told what to do by their mum. Especially if she is right.

I quite like Florida but I have never been to Texts so can't compare. I liked New Orleans but that is not a good place for an ex alcoholic.

Must admit It crosses my mind to retire to Spain from time to time. They mismanaged their economy really badly and so housing is really affordable compared to London. I would have to learn Spanish though.

Glad you fixed everything WWS way to go
Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hola Saoutchik como esta ? (i studied spanish in school)
Old 04-27-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Hey Everyone!

I want to share this with everyone on this fine Monday. I have a framed copy of this hanging on the wall. I walked by it this morning and was curious as to what it says, and I haven't read it in years.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927
Old 04-27-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I got up this morning and did my work out. I am refocusing because the weight loss stalled over the past month with quitting smoking but I still have my eye on my goal. So I did my 3 miles. It was a struggle at first but then some Nazareth came on my play list and away I went. lol

I spent the weekend with my thoughts and did some soul searching. Feels like my life has been tossed up in the air, and now the pieces are landing. Some crashing, and some fluttering lightly down into place. I'm on the right path, there is no going back. Like Dee pointed out early on, there is nothing good back the way we came.

I polished and shined chrome this weekend on the VW KG and this morning I got an email from the VW Club that there is a 'show and shine' on May 3rd. So I believe I will attend! Weather permitting of course. There nothing better than hanging out with other VW enthusiasts and it's good for the soul.

Also considering a 5K Colour Run in July. What the heck! I can do it, even if I drag myself over the finish line. I think it will give me something to work towards.

Well I hope everyone is having a great day!

Jojo
Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff JoJo
Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Muy bin gracias Soberwolf y tu?

Jojo you are a beautiful person
Old 04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Awww thanks, Saoutchik!

The only thing I understand in what you said to Soberwolf, is the gracias part. lol

I was in Baton Rouge and New Orleans in May and I was talking to this fellow and as soon as he found out I was from Canada he started speaking french to me. Haha! I looked at him like, say whhhhaaattttt???? I don't speak french.

Jojo
Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Do your best

muy Bien Sauoutchik Que he tenido un buen dia

Seguir manteniendo en Januarians
Old 04-27-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

34 days + 69 days= 104 days
Old 04-28-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congrats Sister!

Good Tuesday everyone!!

Mmmmm coffee......

Jojo
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Woo hoo! Sisterbobby

Thanks Soberwolf, we will
Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Januarians)))
Old 04-28-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Finally back home. The cheer Competition went great - I couldn't have asked for more. I love the parents but hanging with them that one night was hard as they like to drink so the rest of the time I choose to "chaperone" the girls. Took 14 to Epcot Sunday night.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there Jojo
Old 04-28-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I think both of those things would make me want to drink Teebee. Glad you enjoyed the competition.

Glad you are staying off those ciggies Jojo, I reckon that is more important than the weight loss - once you are over the ciggies I'm sure you'll feel better anyway and will enjoy the jogging more