Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 6

Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Awesome jojo

Please guys - never feel like you can only post happy stuff...SR is here for all times...good and bad.

We want to help. You won't bring us down...but we just might lift you up

D
Old 04-23-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Awesome jojo

Please guys - never feel like you can only post happy stuff...SR is here for all times...good and bad.

We want to help. You won't bring us down...but we just might lift you up

D
You are right, Dee. I do feel lifted up. I knew I was in trouble this morning when I couldn't even cry. lol I thought maybe that's all I need, is a good snot and tear fest. But not so. I screwed up my face and went into cry mode and yet nothing came out. I only looked rediculous. lol

Jojo
Old 04-23-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hate it when that happens

D
Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
I screwed up my face and went into cry mode and yet nothing came out. I only looked ridiculous. lol Jojo
this put tears in my eyes, tears of laughter.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Today is three months sober for me! this is a big deal!!!

Jojo, I have been having some strong cravings as well off and on. Things entering my mind like is this worth it? I have had some thoughts like why not throw this all away and finish living my life in a drunken bliss however long it lasts?

It hasn't been easy for me either. I have resisted the urge and hope this will pass soon.

Hope your trip finished well and you made it home safetly Teebee.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go WWS 3 months is awesome
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Way to go WWS 3 months is awesome
Old 04-24-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congrats WWS! That's awesome and thank you for what you said about giving it up. It's not worth it.

Sister you will be glad to know that I took your advice and I stayed under my covers until 11:30 am. That is something I NEVER do. Half the day is gone but I enjoyed every moment. I literally said to myself "Sister said I can do this and I deserve a break." lol So I flipped and flopped and it was just what the doctor ordered. Best of all I knew when I came out of my room that the house was spotless.

Happy Friday everyone!

Jojo
Old 04-24-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations Waywardson. 3 months does feel like a milestone doesn't it. It's like OK I've put a lot of hard work in quitting and don't want to throw it away but I do want things to start getting easier as well.

Jojo I'm so glad you are feeling better today than yesterday. I think you are a stronger woman than you were back in January, look at all the things YOU have achieved since then, the booze obviously, the ciggies, the weight and fitness, the new job, the VW KG - that's a long list and it's all down to you. Babe you are stronger than you think

Guess it must be Saturday in Australia & NZ.

Happy ANZAC DAY Dee, James, Leb
Old 04-24-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I posted this to the March thread. I wanted to share with you all. Another wonderful day today.
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

If you haven't read it, grab a copy of Codependent No More by Melody Beattie. It will probably be as eye opening to you as it was to me.

D
I'm half way into this book and I hope it has a happy ending. I related to the detachment chapter. Gave me a greater understanding what exactly detachment is and is not. i"m trying to apply it to my life.

- I stopped the silence game with hubby, having casual conversation (thats about it) is more relaxing and stressless than having to play the silence game.
Detachment is not having anything to do with each other, it's walking away from the pain. Stopping the involvement that is causing the pain.
I have been walking on pins and needles and spewing inside about the big elephant in the room. We are both fulling aware of the BIG ELEPHANT. My husband is not an idiot. It's not my responsibility to keep reminding him every day, every moment, "hey, look at that elephant over there." "Yup, it's still here."
I am trying to release my anger/pain to the point where i can relax.
I thought detachment from him meant that i had to stop caring, i still very much care for this man, but i need to detach from the pain he causes me.
I can not control his thinking, his way of living, his thoughts, and if I have to walk away from this marriage to detach myself from this pain, so be it.
I can give my self, self-care, self-love, but what i need from him is respect and compassion and i don't think he can give that.

So I am half way through this book, feeling great and it's all fine and dandy until I read about the karpman Drama TRiangle. (rescuer, persecutor and victim) I would have thrown this book across the room but its on my Ipad.
I do plan to read it again, but right now i am trying to absorb it, relate to it and to tell you the truth, I'm having a knee jerk reaction to it.

Dee- I am doing my homework. When you get slapped in the face with the truth, it hurts sometimes.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you Saouchik! When you put it that way, yes I have accomplished a fair bit.

Ohhhhh my gosh that Karmann Ghia is just sooooooooo sexy! Yeowzers! My heart skips a beat when I look at it. Haha! I'm a car girl, and it's the VW's that I love the most.

Yeah I'm going to drive the Ghia with the top down to the golf course to my new job. Haha!

Jojo
Old 04-24-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you (((((Sisterbobby)))))
Old 04-24-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats waywardson

I'm not sure the book has a happy ending SisterBobby...but I learned a lot from it to help me find my happy ending

yeah the truth stings but not forever.

thanks saoutchik

D
Old 04-25-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It's good that you haven't made a knee jerk reaction Sisterbobby. You seem to be handling the situation really well.

Will have to Google Melodies Beatty when I get time.

On my way to Broadgate in the City district about 1 mile south of where I live to see some talking statues. There is supposed to be a Game of Thrones star there but they don't say who
Old 04-25-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning. I made it through two days off sober and its back to work today. Over I feel pretty good this morning but have had to fight off those cravings. I am still exercising regularly and I am going to the gym this morning.

Glad you are feeling better Jojo.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sister bobby and Jojo. Just keep in the front of your mind that without sobriety you wouldn't be getting healthier and clearer minded. In a year (regardless of what happens in your home life) you'll be so happy that you stayed sober and can work to really making yourself happy in the long run.

Saoutchick. That sounds fun. Tell us what actor showed up.

WWS yeah cravings stink and I keep walking for exercise when it hits bad

This morning my daughter and I fly to Orlando . We're wt the All Star Movies resort for her cheer competition- send good vibes for tomorrow. It's hot (which I love) and its Disney (which I love). I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
There is supposed to be a Game of Thrones star there but they don't say who
I would love to see the 'mother of dragons' gussied up.

I rejoined the gym with my daughter yesterday. If and when my daughter gets here, we are going to the gym again. (we worked out yesterday) Her 'i'm on my way' can be drawn out for hours. She only lives 30 minutes.

today is a good day, i get to spend it with my favorite people- my kids, grown adult kids, but they are still my kids.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
This morning my daughter and I fly to Orlando . We're wt the All Star Movies resort for her cheer competition- send good vibes for tomorrow. It's hot (which I love) and its Disney (which I love). I hope everyone has a good weekend.
sending good vibes
Old 04-25-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Checking in. Great day sunny and 90 in Florida.