Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 20

Old 04-15-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

The only parts of New Jersey I've seen bring back some not-so-pleasant memories. I had basic training at Ft. Dix. During the hottest and most humid July-August anyone could remember.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Well, I certainly finished my taxes a lot earlier this year...yesterday. I'm so proud.

Last night was another no-sleeper. Mom was moaning and complained of stomach cramps along with a painful shoulder. The doctor upped her pain meds to hydrocodone, which may have contributed to the stomach issues. But the big problem was her urine was like coffee. Lethargic and scattered, I suspected dehydration, even though we have been constantly keeping her water mug full. So off to the doctor early this morning and my suspicions were correct...along with a pretty serious UTI. More pills and more monitoring. I really feel sorry for her with what she is going through. The visit with the cardiologist in the afternoon was concerned with the tachycardia that is manifesting itself the past few days. He said not much can be done with anything. At 95, things just don't get fixed again. With another dose of Norcor this evening, the nausea has not returned and she appears to be resting easier. We'll see how the rest of the night goes.

Today marks my 4 months sober date. I think I will celebrate by going to bed early.

Night all and pleasant dreams.
P.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Evening Dear Littermates.
Trick show today was really fun. It is so much better doing the shows sober. I used to get nervous and now it's a blast. My mind is sharp and I can roll with whatever happens.
Big I use the web browser on my phone to do SR. I have heard the app is sucky.
Tonks - nice drive by. How are you?
Della, NJ is not on my list of favorites either.
Kitty, Romania sounds wonderful. I am intrigued by your desire to write a true crime novel. Tell us more. You know I'll consult.
Mid I always sleep better when I get my exercise in. And my mood is better too.
Kitty I have been smoking lately. I think quitting smoking is harder than quitting booze. I'll get back on the wagon soon. It's a better world when I don't smoke.
Creek how is it going? Are you able to get some rest?
Mary - how are you? What ya up to?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Creek we were posting at the same time. Congrats on 4 months. Yippee!
Rest well dear brother.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Way to go on 4 months, Creek. I hope you and your family get some good rest tonight.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Creek

D
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Brynn - how are you feeling?

Jen in my earlier post about the Romania trip and novel I typed Kitty but I meant to type to you. Oy.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Marty there you are.
How is it going?
Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous going on 4 months Creek I do hope you & your wife & MIL get some sleep tonight....poor girl. Proud of you for staying sober in a trying situation.

I'm here BBQ....long day. Went straight from work to my nephews little league game out of town with my Mom & watched his game & took them home & fixed them dinner so Sis & her Husband could take care of some business. Was fun to watch them play & glad I could do that for her.

I'm getting nervous about leaving my current job & starting a new one.....have the little voice saying "you know you probably wont be able to do this", so am trying to combat it with positive affirmations, staying in the moment (tough one for me). I was feeling overwhelmed & pissy yesterday & toward the end of the day I told myself that everything would be OK, as long as I don't drink....stay the course one day at a time, everything IS going to be OK. I get irritated that this, my addiction to a stupid liquid, has to be a part of my everyday, & hate the affect it has on so many.

On a positive note, the whether was beautiful here today, warming up again & looks like it will be a nice week-end. Think I will plan for a nice hike somewhere beautiful Cleaned up the garage Sunday & have my bike out & excited to start riding. Have a great day tomorrow everyone. Miss our missing Peeps
Old 04-16-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Things are going fine, BBQ. Just adjusting to having 3 more people and another dog in the house. It's mostly great, but I was so used to my solitude! But I get that at work, I guess. The box office has been so boring.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Mariah when do u start your new job? I believe in you. I'm starting a new job Monday....I have the next few days off. It really is a rollercoaster of emotions. It's hard to say goodbye to good people, knowing its so hard to stay in touch. And now I am starting to worry like you, what if I fail at the new gig??? Quiet down you dumb voices

For now I am going to enjoy a 4 day weekend! I'll be getting outside today since I won't be chained to a desk....
Old 04-16-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good Morning Loveley Littermates.
Marty - I did not realize that they were moved in already. I bet you are enjoying it even though it is an adjustment.
Mary, I so get the little voice doubting you. I have the same voice telling me I am not worthy and that I can not do it. I take strength from every success, little or big, and punch that little voice in the nose.
It's funny because each time I get an offer for work, social or whatever my knee jerk reaction is to decline because I was so accustom to not making commitments. I did not want it to encroach on my drinking time or hangover recovery time. I have to stop, breath, realize that this is a new life with new rules and conditions.
Interesting.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I also understand that voice, very well. But when I hear it I have to remind myself of all the things I've accomplished. And that I have stepped into plenty of jobs and situations I felt ill prepared for, and done just fine. This is going to sound conceited, but I'm very smart, and I have to tell myself I can learn anything.

I also understand the urge to decline things. The old habit was to say no to a lot of things because it would interfere with my "social life" (drinking). I'm finding it hard to break that habit and get out there and do more things. At first when I quit drinking, I figured I needed time to concentrate on recovery so I took it easy on other commitments. Now that I'm over 4 months in, I feel ready to start doing more stuff.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I totally agree Marty - I also find that when I do go out there I have a good time. I no longer fear embarrassing myself or whatever.
I, too, am smart and able. Like you, I have always done very well in new situations and situations where others would not even give it a try. So there!
You will rock the new job and that you know deep down otherwise you would not have made the decision to do it.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Kitty you are going to rock your new job too. Ditto to what Marty and I were saying about you being smart and able. No conceit involved - pure fact!
Enjoy your long weekend.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Della - where are you this morning. We miss your morning post. Are you having so much fun in NJ that you do not have time for us?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Mary and Kitty you both are going to rock at your new jobs! You both will adjust quickly.

congrats Creek!! I hope mom feels better today and you all can catch up on some rest!

cast- how is your foot?

It was super windy last night! Kind of wild in a pop up. I watched the sunrise and made bacon and eggs. Super start to the day!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I am still in sucky Jersey back tomorrow evening in time for the weekend with you guys!! Xoxo
Old 04-16-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Do your best

Weater is nice today
Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Everyone......It will be a good change I think. I've been doing like you were talking about Marty, reflecting on my past job experiences & I always manage to work hard to do a good job know matter what it is. I was a bartender in my younger years....I think back on that now, & think damn, that was wild & I managed to work a "full house", keep them happy & keep the peace. I also drove a 5 ton truck for 2 year on a recycle route in 3 counties, picking up 50 gallon barrels of office paper & assisting adults with developmental disabilities in job training in the recycle unit. I have been doing office work now for about 15 years & really do a great job & am especially good at providing great customer service.

Kitty - enjoy your time off....I start my job a week from Monday....that following Tuesday, I am going to a Grand Opening of one of their new locations, about 300 miles away.

Gotta Run......Have a great day all