Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 20

Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes Freen, and it's funny cause my mom is probably the worse she has been...I finally can just not feel guilty about enjoying myself despite my moms misery...it really dosent take much for me honestly, I'm kinda easy like that like I don't need an insane amount of stimulation like other people I know...it's the lack there of of nonsense and some free space in my head that can allow me to do something I enjoy that's simple....that's why when I first got here I couldent even take any advice on activities to fill my time...the mood stabilizers help insanely too
Old 04-12-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's honestly like 20 factors that allow me to enjoy being myself for even just a little while, it's so hard to say it's A, B, and C...the complexities are astonishing...people have always told me I'm an awesome person, but complex, and I'm finally able to see that sorta and work off it
Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Freen hit YouTube the company that makes the kit I have has free videos online
Old 04-12-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Freen- I keep doing the crane over and over it's my fav one it's sorta like the cliche origami piece...I really want it off memory...it's one of the less complex ones too, some inflate with air! It's def a fun little hobby for sure...I'm gonna work my way down to the tiny paper on the crane so I can do it with like peoples gum wrappers and such
Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good day friends, I enjoy reading all your posts. sT, I think any act of creativity enables our authentic selves to emerge. Art was the first to go when I drank.
Today I am n.a. having a blissfully day creating Xmas cards for veterans.
I make about 250 each year, but generally am scrambling to get them done when I return in November.
We leave to.go back to Canada in 9 days and I do believe I will have them ready by Friday.
My husband finally agreed to take me on a mini trip to Sedona tomorrow. He is a homebody, and part of my drinking issue is boredom. I am 12 years younger than him, and I know I still need adventure. Hopefully he will be game for a hike.
Not thinking of drinking, or craving at this point.
I am planning a BBQ n.a. pork roast for.dinner and I have enough going on today to distract my attention.
Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awesome stormi! You sound like you have a busy day!!! Enjoy every second
Old 04-12-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Now I want ribs! My chubby ass can't stop thinking about food hahahaha enjoy your BBQ stormi <3
Old 04-12-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And stormi yes, sense I was in IOP last summer I have been going out of my way to keep doing some kind of art on a weekly basis even if it's doodling with pencils
Old 04-12-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

IOP got me on the routene of it and 9 months later I still do it! It makes me so happy that I took things away from that experience
Old 04-12-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Here I sit, alone, one day shy of one year and I want to throw it all away. I don't see any point of continuing down this path. The future looks so bleak.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh UP, you now have choices. Congratulations on one year! I want to be you when I grow up.
Drinking, we relinquish all our choices and power to the bottle.
You have overcome the worst of that battle. Now you are free, what were your hopes and dreams before addiction?
Alcohol took away my sense of self and the wonderment of the world. I know the next year is going to be hard, maybe forever; my hope it that we can each find the child within us again and grasp life by the shirt-tails.
Do you have a bucket list?
I often fall into depression and despair. I find going onto Pinterest and pinning things that interest me brings some hope and optimism. When my daughter died, I looked for small things everyday that brought me joy. Art is something I have since discovered. I give it all away, and that alone brings me a sense of purpose.
I don't know your situation, or if you practice any spirituality; I am just saying what works for me. Do you get out of the house much?

Last edited by StormiNormi; 04-12-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spell error
Old 04-12-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have no place to go other than stay home. No one wants to be around me. Even close friends, the few that I have, are always busy with something. It feels like if I don't visit them in a situation where they can't leave, like at work, they are too busy to even talk to me.
I truly believe that the world would be a better place without me.
It also seems like even trying to do simple things around the house all I do is screw it up one way or another.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hell, I apply for jobs and don't ever hear back from anyone.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Up, I totally get that. My daughter took her life, and I can truly sympathize with her, and what you are going through. Believe me when I say this, Sarah did not see.any point of continuing. She got to the point where she could not ask for help. You have, just by posting today. You see, she didn't think anyone.but I cared.for her- and yet over three.hundred people came to her funeral. Her death devastated many. What is saddest of all; is that there are hundreds of thousands of people just like you right now, needing companionship. They are on every street, every economic class, every school, every workplace, every society, every age. There are people who would gladly take up an hour of your time. Check out Wounded Warriors, orphanages, hospitals, churches, community league, Read books to the blind, garden or shop for the elderly, volunteer to coach a sport. If you don't.like to be around people, many charitable organizations need administrative help. Many community colleges offer non-credit.courses. it is tough to put yourself out there, really really tough.
13 years ago, my sister in law attempted suicide. She failed. She is and will be in.a vegetative state.until her last breath.
Keep posting Up, we care about you and will walk beside you until you can love life again. You are not alone
Old 04-12-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Please just keep posting, UP. Don't make that irreversible decision. Remember the night is darkest the hour.before dawn. The sun will rise!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can;t remember if you're seeing a therapist or not UP but if not I think it will really help you.
If you are seeing one I think you need to see them now.

You've been down for a long time.
Regardless of what things are going on in your personal life, this is not the way recovery is meant to be.

I urge you to take action on this.

Please don't drink - you're already depressed - all you'll get is depressed and drunk.

D
Old 04-12-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,

Hang in there UP, full support and empathy from me...

I'm having troubles also, will report back in later....

Hope all are well!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good stuff Stormi, we all need to support each other, great to read you supportive posts...
Old 04-12-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm sorry stormi, I'm not thinking about taking my life. That option will never be on the table.
It just seems like a year later I am no better off than the day I quit.
I destroy relationships stoned and sober. Even one that is closer than any relationship I've ever had.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Up,.I am truly glad to hear you say that. Do you have a crisis hotline I. Your area? They would have a list of local resources. There's no.need.to suffer.alone. Have you gone.to AA. Many don't like the spiritual aspect,.but the fellowship cannot be beat.