Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 13

Old 04-11-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Go easy on yourself. Sounds like the counseling line is a good idea.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

V, I know it's bedtime for you. I hope you get some peaceful sleep.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks from ~ dad has pneumonia now, and so does his 90-year-old sister. She was admitted to hospital a few hours ago. I have gone from no way, I can't deal with this to OK, this is all happening, and I need to stay calm.

I know that many of us have dealt with all of this. Maybe not all at once, but it is what it is. I am sober. I am strong. I have support.

I have to work tomorrow morning, and I am looking forward to the exercise and fresh air. It will help.

So yes, bed time. I would really like a sleep without all of the nightmares of late...they are all about death. But my bed is clean and fresh, and I will have a gorgeous fat cat to snuggle up with.

Have a good day guys...love you lots. ♥
Old 04-12-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Again, I'm sorry it's such an emotional time for you. I do understand some of it. Yesterday was six years since I held my dad's hand as he passed. Death is one thing that is dealt with more and more as time goes. You know that already though. It's hard to come up with a positive spin on things sometimes right? But knowing that others, like our gang here, care about you is something to focus on as you try to sleep this evening. Good night V.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It's everything to focus on from my love ~ I lie in bed and do my gratitude list in my head. It always starts with fat cat, and being sober, and a roof over my head...and it always includes you guys. I am so blessed to have people in my life who understand me, and care about me. Massive hugs.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I held my dad's hand too. He had cancer, and it was very hard to watch him deteriorate, but I have a real sense of peace about it. There was a sense of relief when he passed because he no longer suffered. I still miss him and wish he could have lived to meet his granddaughter, but it is what it is, and it's okay.

The end of a life is painful and difficult for the whole family. My heart goes out to you as you navigate these rough waters. This too shall pass. Hang in there, you're doing great.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Venuscat))) sending hope love & prayers
Old 04-12-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Prayers of peace your way, Venus. You ARE strong and loved. So very much so. Big hugs

I'm thankful that my little relative is out of the hospital and at home. Sobriety enabled me to be a support at levels that I NEVER thought I could. It's amazing what we can endure and overcome when we are put to the test. And this past week or so has been one heck of a test... proud to reflect and say that I surprised and impressed myself.

Finally...my kickin back and watching the rain shoes from yesterday... Check out that aloe vera/lizard habitat!

Happy Sunday, yall! Stay strong and well.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

It's great to see what you contributed to your family's greater good this past week Conquest. It's really something to look back and see how inward alcohol shapes our perspective. Way to go!

Our westie would love to patrol those lizards for you! But I do hear her snoring as I type.

Rain on the way for this afternoon and pretty much all week. Gotta get out there and grab some outside time before it starts. Have a good one.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Nice foot shot Conquest!

Today is Probably one of the warmest, nicest days we've had this year so far. Spent lots of time outside with my family. Took a long walk around the lake on some trails through the woods. Then went out to lunch.

Now I got the Masters on kickin back. Used to be normal to have a nice bottle of wine watching this. Then another bottle. Then perhaps another something. Whatever I could find. Glad that rat race is over.

image-419998480.jpg

Sockin it Kirkland Signature style.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hope you're enjoying the chillin' Arbor. It's great that the Arbor clan finally got to be out enjoying the great outdoors! I'll bet little Arbor had a ball. Good stuff.

Just back from a nice trail run...can't believe I didn't get rained out. It was great. I realized one think though. My shoes need replacing. Any advice on a comfy brand. I think I've got flat feet! I feel like a duck when I run in these things.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((V)))

continued prayers for you and your family.
D
Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thinking of you V. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Arbor, we are having the same day here! Glorious weather, walked around a beautiful historic town after church, took MIL to a new place around here for a late lunch/ early dinner. Now, watching the Masters tournament. Windows open.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I hope you got some good sleep last night, V.

Just back from riding the four wheeler with my dude. What a great way to end the weekend. It was a little muddy though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mudshoes.jpg (51.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I may not be the only one needing to shop for new shoes! But muddy shoes usually mean you got lots done and/or had lots of fun. Looks like you had fun. Nice way to wrap up the weekend too.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Great weather here too. I had a good LifeRing meeting and a nice walk.

On the agenda for the week is figuring out what I'm going to do about work as I'm scheduled to return on the 20th. Going to do a lot of thinking and talking, and I trust the answer will become clear one way or another.

Wishing everyone a good week.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

So I walked/worked again in the Chuck Taylor's with no heels...you would think it would be uncomfortable, but it isn't. It's probably not good for my legs and back though. I'm just having trouble finding the $90 for new ones.

My dad is a little better today, but my auntie is far worse. They are not holding out much hope that she will survive. I will talk to my cousin again later, and if she is still with us tomorrow, my two sisters and I are all going to see her.

And then I have to tell dad. He is going to be devastated. I really hope she doesn't die...I don't know how my dad will cope with that.

Glad everyone here is doing well...I love you all very much. ♥
Old 04-12-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

V

D
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Venuscat)))
Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

How did your talk with Dad go, V?

Early morning here and very relieved to have slept in my own bed last night. Coffee first. Work next. Hopefully some more SR time tonight... A garden project on my mind....I'm going to make it a good day.

Keep at it peeps!