Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 17

Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Clocks have changed. Yey, an hour less in bed but looking forward to much lighter evenings. Feeling good this morning, another sober Sunday.

No plans today other than some shopping. I need some work clothes as my old suit is hanging off me, lol. Can't wait to look sharp and slim. As well as my life changing to be a million times better my body and fitness has too. Bonus.

1 step - that is a cracking idea to go to the football and do some shouting! Sounds very therapeutic. Wales did great last night too. I would love to see them qualify. Bale is ace - I would love him in our squad if only he was English. Like your progress buddy, well done.

DSP - nice to see you!

Scooter - how are you doing? Are you keeping busy this weekend? Hope all is peaceful.

Pink - thanks for the ben and Jerrys tip. I am popping into my local Odeon later - not to see a film, to see if I can get a scoop of the ice cream ! Nom nom

Wishing everyone a great Sunday
Old 03-29-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey guys have a great day!
I'm going for a 7 mile walk around the ouse washes followed by lunch at an American diner called arbuckles, it's a wonderful restaurant and I'm looking forward to gorging on wonderful food!
Hope you all feel good, feel strong, and enjoy the last day of the weekend! Make the most of it, do something lovely.
London your day sounds lovely, me time is so good. Hope you find the ice cream! Let me know if it's any GOOD! Xx
Old 03-29-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I am okay, thanks for all the pms and inquiries; now that my brother is confiding in three other family members, I do not answer if he calls; I wait at least an hour, then text back IF he has left a message. If he has not left a message, I ignore the call. This has given me great relief; I do not feel guilty because I know he has others to confide in.

I spent yesterday at home because of the snow/rain we had all day, and I was only jumpy when the phone rang. I think I have turned the corner; I cooked a large dinner for Bob and two neighbors, read and went through more bins of clothes, the majority of which are way too big. I still cannot believe I have lost 27 pounds while enjoying vast amounts of food.

It turned to all snow overnight and is a bit icy this morning, but I am meeting neighbors to walk the beach. Later Bob and I are going to the movies.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Scooter, glad you're ok honey , you're so strong xx
Old 03-29-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sunday!

Very late check in. Up and prepared for a big presentation, day getting away from me.

"Get er done!"

Spring!
Old 03-29-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey all

Doing an evening check in too.

I did loads of shopping, new wardrobe being purchased slowly. I like caring what I look like now. Didn't track down the peanut butter ice-cream. That's on my Easter list now. Looking forward to a short work week and then a few days off.

Sunday night with no regrets and feeling healthy. Life is peaceful and good.

Scooter - glad you are doing OK.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are ok too Scooter- stay strong!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning guys and girls.

Ready for work and ready for coffee! Grateful for sober Sunday night sleep! I slept like a log.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Happy Monday people. The start of a new week. Make it a good one! Smile at people, be kind, be thoughtful, be chivalrous just because you can :-)

Off to work, sun is shining bit wind is howling so it's chilly, need to wrap up warm today. I hope you all have a productive stress free Monday xx

Catchya laters alligators xxx
Old 03-30-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Monday, oh happy regret free, hydrated and fully present start to a fabulous work week! This will never get old.

"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." Aristotle

Smile and laugh.

Nothing is so important that you can't laugh about it.

Be careful though as laughter, in its advanced stages, has been known to be contagious and has, in some cases, resulted in excessive wiggling. Some call this dancing. Be careful for gods sake!!!

Ok, off the stage determined...
Old 03-30-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Goooooooooooooooood Morning Team August. Happy sober Monday to all. This is the first week of 2nd quarter 2015 if you can believe it. My, time do fly by. Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, sober Q2.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi guys, hope all is well
I had a funny thing happen to me today.
I'm going in for deviated septum surgery next week, and the nurse asked me in the past med interview today if I smoke or drink.
I think that this is the first time this question has been asked in a medical situation, and what a weird feeling to say no.
There's something formal about telling a nurse this fact that made it more strange than telling family and friends. I must admit, it felt really good to say.
Happy Monday everybody
your friend Dry
Old 03-30-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Awesome dry, I bet you left the dr office with head held high brotha!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Dry isn't it the most awesome feeling. It's medically official now! Bet you felt damn proud, albeit a bit surreal! Good for you dry xxx
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm tired. Dropped off at 1, woke up at 5. Wind is howling through my little cottage, wind like I've never heard before, it's eery. Be careful on the roads today in thus wind people, it sounds dangerous out there xxx
Old 03-31-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Hoping you are all doing OK. I have a cold coming and feel exhausted but going into work anyway. The weather is nasty too.

Struggling to get into my usual positive frame of mind today but it will come I am sure :-)

Wishing everyone a great day !
Old 03-31-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Still fighting. Received my copy of rational recovery in the mail today. Chapter 2, Day 3. so hi again... I will never drink again and I will never change my mind. AV screaming at that last statement. Also I have cool new avatar of toothless on the ready to fight the alpha. Symbolic of yours truly and The beast AV.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back BBF

D
Old 03-31-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Feel better soon london, keep your fighting spirit. Treat yourself to a nice sweet hot coffee today.

Blackbird so good to see you, great to hear the determination in you! Rooting for you chick 😊 very glad to see you back xxx
Old 03-31-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Tuesday, Monday in the rear view mirror baby!

Great to see you blackbird!! You got this. We got your back.

Keep working on yourself and your vision of who you want to be and the life you want to live.

But don't hold back with love, laughter and fun.

"What we achieve inwardly will change our outer reality." Otto Rank

Just float on down the river today. It's all good.