Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 39

Old 03-19-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

1Day, congrats!!!

WeHav, you'll be great :-)

Toots, now that winter is winding down, I hope you'll be feeling better. The way I like to think of you is the way you looked when you got off the bus to come visit -- huge smile and I knew immediately it was you :-)

Have a lovely day to all.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

So, it sounds like quite a few of the Marchers have met in person...that's awesome.
I always remember what a counsellor said to me when I told her about this site two years ago. She said: "How do you know that any of these people are real?"
Old 03-19-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hello my dear friends from 10000 feet!!!!! 1Day we're not far from you! We've been skiing in Vail for spring break.

(((Trach)))

I have a lot to catch up on but I can see our turtle is going through a tough time. I hope things are better today Trachy.

I can't wait to catch up to see what I've missed!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi, Duff! Glad you checked in!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

We're all too real sometimes, V, lol!

Duff, great to hear from you.

Trachy, how are you doing, pal?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Duff: So good to hear from you! I am going to sound judgemental so please forgive, but Vail?$?$?$ Oh la, la... the locals ski at Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain, etc... all a matter of economics. Have you seen an celebrities?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
LDT

Mind if I join Y'all??

Nope.... Not a Marcher.... I basically hang out on the Healthy Eating thread, but my buddies, wehav and Joygirl, insist that I jump onto this fun-loving crazy train. I've lurked a little...know a lot of you already.... Do I need to learn a secret handshake or password.... Cause I so can do! . I'm completely irreverent and get into trouble occasionally, but I do take my sobriety very seriously.

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones in their sobriety! . Just so you know where I'm at.... I made 2 years sober this past December 28.

That's it for now from the swamp. Gotta teach a yoga class in a bit. Hope you guys are having a grand day.....
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Welcome LDT, we will go through the the security protocol a little later.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi, LDT!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Welcome, LDT!

As for Venus's counselor's comment on "how do we know these people are real?" well, for one, the length of time some of us have posted here on SR is one way I have confidence in who is real.
I will use LDT as an example, so that any Marchers here will know she has my security Seal of Approval!

LDT has a long running thread, Healthy Eaters, that I have been a part of for almost two years. As she shared her bigger life events, as well as the everyday parts, it is easy to get a sense of who she is as a person. For someone to create an identity would be almost impossible, as the details that would need to be remembered would be mind boggling especially the details of her paleo eating, life on the bayou, and family milestones that were celebrated. Right LDT???
Also, I think we all develop a "voice" as we post, just as I have a certain voice when I write. It is only over time that each person's voice becomes associated with who they are as a person.

My son also have helped me with trust via the internet: remember that one of my son's recently married a woman from Istanbul, who he met 7 years ago while playing World of Warcraft? They had a lot of struggles with the long distance relationship, cultural differences, and immigration red tape, but they were always "themselves" all this time. (even when their real selves became difficult or annoying LOL).
Old 03-19-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

That means I have someone else to yell at me about my pot pies?

I assure you all I'm real, I have the bills to prove it!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Budd, LOL! Speaking of pot pies, have you ever had Kentucky Fried Chicken pot pies? They are on special every Thursday here in Denver... I have yet to try one.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

No KFC in Key West
Old 03-19-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

WeHav? How did your presentation go?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

That's appalling, Budd!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi, Marchers13, from babyMarcher14

I am so proud of myself. I stood up to the investment people. My voice cracked, but I did it.

In my drinking days I would have been revved up for the rest of the day, but I felt calm, and looked at my phone and it had been 12 minutes since I hung up. 12 MINUTES! That is cause for celebration. Never thought I'd do it, let alone get over having to argue with them in 12 minutes.

Mind. Blown.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

That's terrific, Bim! Sobriety in action!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I can soooooo vouch for ldt!!! (Unless that makes marchers think less of her)

She's a real person, we've skyped.

That said. WELCOME LDT!!!! This crazy bunch needs a little more crazy, any you are just the one to bring it. (In a good way

Well, Venus, I didn't catch your whole counselor comment, but is your counselor like 99 years old? We are long past the days of the aol chat rooms and fully fake identities. Now I'm sure it's possible to come on here and be fake. But for two years, sharing sobriety struggles? Wow that would be mindnumbingly exhausting. I don't even have the wherewithal to lie about my diet on here. (I had a piece of cake last night, so shoot me. It was delicious.)

The principal meeting (head teacher to you u.k. Folks) went well. They seemed interested I our programs and getting their students and teachers outside more. I hope it betters wehav's grand plan of world domination by tree huggers.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Yay blue!!! Good for you! Standing up to people in my private life especially, is so hard for me too. You rock!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
LDT

I feel like I need to have a triple bypass just reading about KFC Chicken Pot Pies.... Will my arteries survive this thread?