Old 03-18-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 11 djinn

Congrats on day 3 SC
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning class of March!

Day 15 for me, and feeling really good. Lot's of craziness around me, but taking it all in stride. In the past, I've allowed things to really get to me, but I am actively practicing detachment (particularly to situations) and with each new "incident", I become a bit stronger.

Wishing each and every one of you a little peace today.

MV
Old 03-18-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - I would like to join the March class, I had around a month of sobriety and stumbled this past week and want to get back on track.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
Hey everyone - I would like to join the March class, I had around a month of sobriety and stumbled this past week and want to get back on track.
Welcome ANewDayNYC! Glad to have you here

I'm on day 10 today. It feels longer than that but on a good way since i don't feel as much like I'm giving something up as I feel like I am gaining something.

I was supposed to go to the movies with my best friend tomorrow, but I am sure she will want to get drunk (she has a problem as well but isn't ready to deal with it.) Even though I feel bad breaking these plans, I am sure she will have fun drinking with someone else and I will be much happier (and safer) staying at home away from any temptation.

Does anyone have any one have any ideas or suggestions on the types of plans I can make with my best friend that can guarantee alcohol isn't present? Please keep in mind that she has a drinking problem, so places like the movies, the zoo, restaurants, etc. where alcohol is at all available she will take advantage of the situation.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all are having a great Wednesday!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

As we all know, if we want to get drunk, we can get drunk anywhere.

If she doesn't drink in the AM, could you do something in the morning or early afternoon? Perhaps breakfast, farmer's market, or morning hike?

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Welcome ANewDayNYC! Glad to have you here

I'm on day 10 today. It feels longer than that but on a good way since i don't feel as much like I'm giving something up as I feel like I am gaining something.

I was supposed to go to the movies with my best friend tomorrow, but I am sure she will want to get drunk (she has a problem as well but isn't ready to deal with it.) Even though I feel bad breaking these plans, I am sure she will have fun drinking with someone else and I will be much happier (and safer) staying at home away from any temptation.

Does anyone have any one have any ideas or suggestions on the types of plans I can make with my best friend that can guarantee alcohol isn't present? Please keep in mind that she has a drinking problem, so places like the movies, the zoo, restaurants, etc. where alcohol is at all available she will take advantage of the situation.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all are having a great Wednesday!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobercousin View Post
As we all know, if we want to get drunk, we can get drunk anywhere. If she doesn't drink in the AM, could you do something in the morning or early afternoon? Perhaps breakfast, farmer's market, or morning hike?
That's a really great idea because she doesn't drink in the morning or afternoon! That makes me take it a step further too and actually try to make plans with her for Sunday morning since she is almost guaranteed to be hungover from Saturday night and won't even mention wanting to drink. Thank you Sobercousin!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Do your best

You guys are awesome i just wanted you to know that
Old 03-18-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You guys are awesome i just wanted you to know that
You are also awesome, Soberwolf!
Old 03-18-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

MVNGON- Congrats on 15 days! That is great!

Day 4 for me. Doing good as far as not drinking. Anxiety still eating me alive. I also have the most awful cold. I cant even breath out of nose. So I am just laying around.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I survived the supermarket without buying the booze! The cravings have got me big time, I will do this though, one day at a time.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Epski
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I'm still going strong!! It almost feels like alcohol is a distant memory, but then I got reminded last weekend when my AV started talking to me. It was a good reminder that my AV can mess with me at any time & I have to be ready for it. What was crazy was that I even entertained drinking for "just one night", it was for a split second but I almost agreed to it! Then I remembered the weight I lost (20lbs to date), how my face isn't bloated anymore, my fingers are back to normal....Man, that was close!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi all. I've been on a training course today and I got home fairly early this afternoon. It's weird but I feel no compulsion to drink during the week now, but the weekends are a different matter. Last weekend I pretty much lived on SR, and it helped so much.

Day 10 here, and going strong. Long may it last.

I am however eating chocolate as though my life depends on it and feel slow and sluggish. One thing at a time I guess!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Jeni
Old 03-18-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Jeni, you said it: One thing at a time! Eat that chocolate if it stops you from drinking. The first month I stopped drinking I was baking cookies 2 or 3 times a week! My sugar cravings were that bad. It has now tapered off at 4.5 months, but I still crave sweets every now & then.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Well done jeni.
I've been doing keto diet and I can reccomend 90% chocolate. Whole 100g bar is only 600 calories
Old 03-18-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

The end of day 4 here. A toughy today. Tomorrow is a brand new day and hopefully a better one!
Old 03-18-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent work Mentium
Old 03-18-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Congrats Mentium! We are one day closer to Friday so tomorrow must be a better day!

I'm with Jeni, I'm just going to stock up on chocolate and sweets for this weekend
Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi Guys
I'd like to join the 'Marchers of 2015'.
I was in the January class but fell off after nearly 60 days. Really peeved with myself but like a new start.
Day 1 for me today.
Cheers, James