SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24-hour Recovery Connections Part 44 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/361384-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-44-a.html)

aussieblue 03-07-2015 12:04 PM

24 please
7.04 am in auss.

courage2 03-07-2015 12:11 PM

Hello, friends!

Welcome, Dharma33 & ThePhoenixFlames! Welcome back, Cascabel & Cleomie – we missed you! Whether you’re a regular here, new to SR, new to this thread, just coming back, counting days or counting years, struggling or striding, this is a safe place & we’re glad you’re here!

Congratulations to our wonderful milestoners: Saskia :dancer5: on 7 Sensational Months of sobriety, AlcoholFree66 :dance1: on 10 Tremendous Months, and Kaneda8888 :dance8: on 18 Monthson March 8 – 1.5 Years!!! And because every day is a milestone, congratulations to all and thanks for being here today!

Here’s the list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from about noon March 6 to noon, March 7, New York local:

1newcreation
439trish
airwick
Alynn
Alysheba
aussieblue
BarbieKen
biminiblue
BuddinK
Cascabel
ChickChick
ChloeRose63
Cleomie
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
Dee74
Della1968
Dharma33
EHoll1421
erfra7
Erratic
Esspee
FaithfulAndFree
Findingtheway
ForgiveMeAll
ForMeForThem
FormerBeerLover
fromadistance
Gilmer
Goat
Grateful11
grtgrandpa
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
jsm273
Justincredible
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
martina12
midwest1981
NoGoingBack
nymets86
Purpleknight
ReadyOrNot123
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
sthlondonab
strategery
tgirl
ThePhoenixFlames
tootsl1
Trees39
VikingGF
yukonm
zeppodog

My favorite part of the Salix tree is the grey kitten-fur part, whence the tree’s common name that SR won’t let me write. Technically, it’s the male catkin, which has a plush downy covering, possibly to keep its stamens and anthers warm before they’re ready to emerge. If you’re interested in these trees, you might visit this website: ***** Willow, Salix discolor Muhl., Native Minnesota Tree, Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden

http://www.friendsofthewildflowergar...llowtwig2v.jpg
Salix discolor, male catkins

I’ll see you tomorrow, I hope!

growpath 03-07-2015 12:30 PM

I have been doing a lot of soul searching this AM. I debated posting in the Newcomer thread for support but instead printed out a two page print out of "what happened" and "what I need to do to avoid it happening again" etc for me to refer to when AV comes back and I start feeling sorry for myself & forget why I am here and what the goals are I want and how I want my life to be.... in other words FORGET EVERY SINGLE THING IMPORTANT!!!

I revamped my recovery plan and part of that was coming clean to you guys.

I was feeling lonely, ungrateful, bored and sorry for myself. Perfect equation for a relapse. Lesson learned and I am trying to get back on track. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my life goes back to "auto pilot" when I drink.

So here is to day 1 again. The sober days that added up (130ish) were not in vain. I learned a lot and I am determined to "get this".

Just need a little time to get my mind back right. I am just thankful I got the determination so soon this time. I need lots of support and love right now and hugs are welcome too.

Hugs and love around :)

:headbange

SoberLeigh 03-07-2015 12:36 PM

So, so many tight hugs coming your way, our dear growpath.

Those 130 days are not in vain; the memory of the goodness of those days are what led you back here, safely, to the fold.

growpath 03-07-2015 12:43 PM

That is very true, SL! I am grateful today that I so vividly remember those days :)

Thank you my beautiful soul sister :)

grtgrandpa 03-07-2015 12:49 PM

Growpath, I am delighted to associate with people like you. :ring

needtostopthis 03-07-2015 12:52 PM

Count me in for 24 please. I messed up last night :(

courage2 03-07-2015 12:52 PM

I'm in your corner, too, growpath -- sending you all the hugs and support the internet can hold & more. :hug: :hug: :hug:

courage2 03-07-2015 12:53 PM

:hug: needtostopthis -- make this the last mess and the first day of many sober ones!

Soberwolf 03-07-2015 12:55 PM

Checking in 8.55pm

DaneK 03-07-2015 12:59 PM

BIG hugs Growpath!!! I'm so glad you came back. And no your sober time was not in vain. Like my sponsor tells me: it takes what it takes.

Kris47 03-07-2015 01:00 PM

Oh sweet growpath,

You're here, and we're here for you.

You've always been willing, open, inspired and honest. These qualities will get you right again. Make a new plan and you're on your way. This time it'll stick!

Taking your hand and forming a circle.......................

ANewDayNYC 03-07-2015 01:48 PM

Committing to 24 - 4:48pm NYC

Bailey3 03-07-2015 01:50 PM

Hugs Growpath. I have faith in you!

Hevyn 03-07-2015 02:15 PM

Dearest Growpath - you learned something valuable. Those 130 days can never be taken from you. Day One - but with so much new knowledge and determination under your belt. :hug:

Needing another 24 please in the Catskills of NY at 5:16pm.

1newcreation 03-07-2015 02:31 PM

My dear GP!! Hugs...sry to hear that. My suggested solution next time is:lonely-run or flee to a mtg ASAP,ungrateful-list five or more things in the mrg & before bed that are grateful for,bored-go to service commitment @ a detox ward or lockup facility(get in contact w/ institution rep @ your h. group & will give all details),self pity-forgive yourself of the past! We are about to celebrate Easter Sun aka my favorite day of the yr, so if He went to the cross for you & rose again so wouldn't have to live un forgiven, then surely we can forgive ourselves. PLEASE don't live in regret but dust yourself off & try again. I remember you encouraging me NOT to quit looking for a job so trust & know that you are valuable to not just me but SL & others. Hope didn't ramble however this is a cunning disease that's waiting & lurking to strike when our guard is down just a little. 5:30pm in brrr MD & sooo ready for spring(w/o damn pollen of course) Have good wknd friends

SoberLeigh 03-07-2015 02:34 PM

Well said, 1new; thank you so much.

VikingGF 03-07-2015 02:43 PM

Running out the door- so checking in quick. Will get to the food of the day later- have cake!

growpath 03-07-2015 03:12 PM

I love you all. Thank you so much. I've sent messages rather than clog up the thread.

Kaneda8888 03-07-2015 03:15 PM

Never give up Growpath ! Coming back and starting again is courageous, so well done !

Another 24 hours of compassion, loving kindness and sobriety pls ! Its 10:14am here !