Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 19

Old 03-11-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just to chime in on the benzo thing, when I started at the clinic last summer I stressed really hard how I wanted nothing habit forming, even more benzo...I never really chose that based off scientific or medical data but just because I know myself well enough...I was snorting Xanax to come down from speed so it didn't really make sense to start "recovery" with a bottle of actual drugs in my hand...def benefited me tho...every single medication I have taken so far hasn't done that to me
Old 03-11-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Mariah, on the anxiety med front I'm currently on combination of antidepressants and beta blockers. The beta blocker is for anxiety as needed. It doesn't get rid of the anxiety like a benzo does but it does lower the jumping out of my skin feeling a bit. I'm no doctor though so I don't know what would be right for you . I've been avoiding benzos specifically because the last time I was given them I was using them to come down from drinking binges... Everything I'm taking now, like ST said, isn't habit forming.

That's so frustrating obo! Sorry you had to deal with all that school bureaucracy nonsense. I agree about not being intimidated. It's so important to be able to set proper boundaries.

That retreat sounds amazing freein. I'm so glad to hear you're finding yourself in sobriety and that your partner has been supportive of you taking out that necessary space for yourself. I can't believe it's almost been a year myself!

Glad to still see so many of us around and still fighting almost a year later!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I agree I'm glad I'm here still and everyone else as well!
Had a really stressful day yesterday driving thru manhattan...hard to believe right lol...it really triggered me bad and this is really the first time I was able to pull the reigns on it before it going haywire. It was just stressful, many many dangerous potholes, street repairs going on everywhere, GPS acts wonky in manhattan because of all the frequencies going on so I kept getting lost lol...I was so upset and stressed by the time I got home...usually I would have started drinking after a day like that and I didn't...I slept it off and used my meds properly...still feel agitated and hyper irritable today but not snapping on anyone...I'm sure in a few days it will pass...my brains exausted from the stress tho like I'm drained and wanna get home from wrk tonight
Old 03-11-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
9.05am
at the desk...

The students wouldn't listen to me this morning so are as we speak copying out lines...

200 x I will listen to MR Obo in class...
That'll teach them not to listen to me...

Getting more and more cranky!!!!!

Hope all are well...
Thinking of you Mariah....!!!!!!

stay tuned.....
Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey guys- catching up on everyone . Having a hard time here but not giving up! Hope all the fools are doing well. Love you all!

I
Old 03-11-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy, sorry to hear you're having a hard time at the moment. It's great that you've posted though. Let us know if you need a bit of support!

ST, I don't think I would have the courage to drive through Manhattan. I would imagine it's like crossing London (with the additional problem of driving on the wrong side of the road ) that is truly a scary thought.

I'm hoping to have a productive day today. I have a list of "must do's" which seems to get longer as the week goes on. I don't understand how that happens, I seem to tick things off my list, but someone keeps adding more! I need to read my David Allen "Getting Things done" book again, I must have missed something crucial.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello everyone.

Congrats on breaking 100 days rocks.

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time izzy and obo.

Thinking of all of you and hoping things get smoothed out.

The good news is that I'm still clean and sober but after 3 1/2 months I let me talk myself into buying a pack of cigarettes. I've got to really do some thinking, I'm afraid that I might tricking myself into doing drugs. I'm afraid that I am just self-destructive.

I'm so upset with myself at the moment. I know that I can do better. Maybe that's why I can't sleep.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Up, 3.5 months is still a huge achievement. I'm struggling with 3.5 hours...!
Good to hear from you....
Old 03-12-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day everyone
Old 03-12-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Rocks....I cannot take beta blockers because of a skin condition I have...Psoriasis on my hands & feet & it flairs it terribly & I'm vain

I'm sorry your having a hard time Izzy & UP......feel free to share about it if it will help. Thinking of you.

I asked my long time family friend to be my sponsor last night....He said he would but also wants me to find a woman I can talk to,......I feel very comfortable talking to his wife, so I think they will be my "team". Picked up a meeting list & am going to put some numbers in my phone. I'm feeling so on the edge, its a scary, terrible place to be.

ST....great going yesterday & hope tomorrow is a better day! Everyone else, hope the day is a good one.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
8.05am,
at the desk...

FRIDAY........................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Very tough week!

Mariah: Hang in there. It'll pass, same as everything else. Thinking of you!

Soberwolf: Hello.... you have a nice day too.

Hope all the Fools are ok out there.......

Writing my story of recovery and drinking for a year sober which I've given the tittle of...... F.I.N.E...... ha!

getting there....

stay tuned......................
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Doing much better tonight, just back from a meeting, I know many of them & was welcomed with open arms....really need that tonight. Time for ice cream....night all
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That's nice to hear that your meeting was good Mariah. I hope it helps you. Enjoy your ice cream.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great weekend guys
Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf

The weekend has started. I still have a couple of teaching sessions to prepare before Monday, so I'll be keeping my head down a bit. It takes me so long to plan these things, it's like taking on another fulltime job. Thank goodness for a clear head! I would never have been able to do this a year ago.

I'm in for the Bargain.
Take care everyone.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hello all-

Free, teaching sessions? Sounds like you're pursuing some different interests?

Obo- writing your story sounds like a great idea. Wish we could read a copy.

Mariah- so glad your feeling encouraged. Hope you enjoyed you ice cream.

I have a challenge that's pretty continual - sometimes I handle it better than others. This week was especially difficult. I'm trying to be more healthy in how I deal with it. I can be so idealistic to the point of delusional- probably just another way to avoid some things I need to be honest with myself about.

And if that ain't a whole lot o nothin'! So yep, I probably need to talk to someone professionally. I'm driving myself a little crazy and this situation is my biggest "trigger" so ...

In for the bargain!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh, and UP! Sounds like you're being kinda hard on yourself ? I mean, I'm all for quitting bad habits but just don forget how far you've come .

❤️
Old 03-13-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck with the planning free.

Hope you can find some good help izzy. Perhaps you are right, I have come a long way. 11 months today, woohoo!

In for the bargain. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous on 11 months UP

I hope that the situation works out soon Izzy.....it's challenging to change the way we deal with people & situations.

Went to another meeting tonight......Was good. Looking forward to being home tomorrow...work on getting the yard in shape & plant some things.

Sure do Miss you Dee & hope that you are doing alright. Prayers that you are feeling well soon.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 11 months