Notices

Class of March 2015

Old 03-02-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Marcher

I'm in! Day 5 for me, but I'll jump in here so I can follow from the beginning. Thanks to SR- this is the first time in 5 yrs I have made it this long. I am amazed at how posting/reading on this site has helped!
Old 03-02-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Off to IMDb all of these thanks for the tips.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Dharma33 congrats on your 5 days. How are you feeling?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Cameron, thanks. Having a tough time falling asleep and major sugar cravings, but I expected it and worse after reading online. Feeling blessed that I haven't had shakes, etc (unless that comes later). I am trying to focus on how nice it is to not drink- no hangover, waking up on the couch at 3AM with a kink in my neck, and doing the inventory to verify I indeed drank an entire 2 bottles of wine myself, and not remembering what BS I pulled the night before until my DH filled me in.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yes please.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I feel your situation Dharma ... had many a night/day like that myself and the tricks to hide it from hubby just keep comin'! It's exhausting and sad and fruitless and all the other words that go along to describe. Here's to March 2015!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 2. Had a rough morning but it's better now. Decided to take my money usually spent on wine and took myself to lunch after visiting family.

I meant to go to a meeting but chickened out. I'm a bit too weepy today. Tomorrow I'll go to one.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 3.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all the newcomers - it's great to have an active thread.

No matter how many times you've tried this before, there's absolutely no reason why this time can't be different.

I tried for 15 years to give up booze...but really for most of those years I was trying to live with booze and not have the bad stuff happen.

I can't do that. Alcohol and me are a bad mix. Once I accepted that, things got a lot easier

For Max and anyone else struggling, the first few days can be hard, but it will get better guys. I promise

D
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Had a great day yesterday, then slipped a bit this morning, then a bit more this afternoon. Both small slips, but still significant, as I feel now the same I as always do---tired, logy, ashamed, frustrated, sad, stuck. I plan to continue doing well tonight, which hopefully will set me up to do better (or at least feel better!) tomorrow. Trying now to convince myself to do some positive coping skills---exercise, etc.---but it's not really working.

It's so hard. It's such a constant struggle. I've been working on reducing, on using less, for a while now, but to go without entirely is such an impossible battle. How do you do it? How can I keep up my faith and my strength?
Old 03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happytobealive1 View Post
It's so hard. It's such a constant struggle. I've been working on reducing, on using less, for a while now, but to go without entirely is such an impossible battle. How do you do it? How can I keep up my faith and my strength?
For myself I find it easier to have none than to have some and try to stop. Honestly I think that's the way to go. Once you get the poison out of your system you will start to feel better.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
For myself I find it easier to have none than to have some and try to stop. Honestly I think that's the way to go. Once you get the poison out of your system you will start to feel better.
I know! That's my plan, but...sigh. I really thought I could do it today, and I almost did, which makes it all the more frustrating. I'm trying to congratulate myself for still trying, and getting back on the right track, and having a good plan for the rest of the evening (and increased motivation, I suppose...), but I'm still frustrated and ashamed of having slipped.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

You CAN do it! Don't keep any in the house and don't go buy any more, pour out any that you have. Then just keep it simple.... don't pick up that first drink.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Yes, I understand those feelings Happy. As you get some sober days built up though, it does get a bit easier. Keep trying, don't give up. Like Zen said, for me, its easier to just have nothing. I really can't moderate, or taper. I'm all in, or all out.

Thanks Dee for the encouragement. And everyone here, thanks for just being here. Day one is about over. Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

And Happy, I've been in this class and that, had a zillion attempts. Makes me feel kinda embarassed to admit my failures, but that's why we are here. Try to not feel so bad. Try again.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy you might have slipped but you didn't fall...you got right back here.

Try and make up a bit of a plan so that what happened can't happen again...and use the support here - it really can help

D
Old 03-02-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Dear Marchers,

Here's my update, for what it's worth.

My goal today was to hit my sleep, diet, and exercise marks. Due to minor insomnia I missed the sleep goal by minus two hours, but reached the diet and exercise goals. I also completed a few tasks--though nothing close to a full day's work.

I signed on to SR just this moment since this time is "trigger time."

A trick I learned: I also just took in a few hundred calories, to weaken the grip of "trigger time."

I hope everyone keeps posting, which I believe is most helpful all the way around. I appreciate it. Thank you all.

Mel
Old 03-02-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
And Happy, I've been in this class and that, had a zillion attempts. Makes me feel kinda embarassed to admit my failures, but that's why we are here. Try to not feel so bad. Try again.

Me too
Old 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Another Marcher from a prior year dropping in to say welcome and to wish you only the best.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Daaay one! ���� looking forward to being sober for the month of March. New Times,