Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 5

Old 03-27-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

i know i can't start drinking moderately, i'm pretty sure of that. I only downed one drink cuz thats all there was, would I have stopped if there was more, i doubt that very much.

I do not care what my husband says to his family (big drinkers), i have turned into one of those people (non-drinking sl**s). SO BE IT. I do not want any booze in the house. (((.)))
it is not my fault he can not play hide and seek very well and i will smoothly get our damn tax papers ready
Old 03-27-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hello January folks. Grey day here in PA but not too bad. Looking forward to a kind of busy weekend.

We're getting quotes to put a fence around our back yard and I might then talk myself into another dog Quote was a bit more then I wanted to pay but it will be nice because right now the fence is just around the pool so you have to open and close it a lot going to the house and back. This way we can walk from the back of the house to the pool without opening a pool gate - which will be very nice. I'm so happy that we're getting ready for teh summer months.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I wish we lived closer TeeBee, i would let you dog sit my three dogs, all three found me. My lab loves to swim.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love swimming dogs Sisterbobby i have a 7yr old Jack Russell hes white all over with a lil brown over his eyes and head he has a short coat not wiry and fluffy

hes amazing to look at but he has a lot of 'personality' lol

mrs sw loves Labradors
Old 03-27-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

Really busy week this week and next week will be the same. Because I knew I would reach my annual sales target I have been pushing my sales back to after 1st April so that they count towards next year. I had a secret lunch with my arch rival today, outwardly we pretend to despise each other but we actually swap info so that we don't undercut each other.

I'm glad your still posting here James and SisterB obey. The thread would be worse without you

It's a moot point maybe but which is worse - having someone who might occasionally bring booze into the house but at least acts as an incentive not to drink yourself. As I live alone I obviously don't have booze in my flat but equally there is no one to answer to if I relapsed. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Not going away for Easter Teepee but I have been invited to a barbecue (weather permitting of course) It shouldn't be too much of a sobriety test as there will be kids there so it's not too boozy. Weather itself is good at the moment - forecast not great though

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 03-27-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hey Sisterbobby, sorry to hear about your ooops moment but it seems like you are doing better. Sometimes when I'm straightening up and putting bottles in the recycle bin I notice that a few have a little left in there (like less than a half ounce). I've been tempted to just suck it down, but so far have managed to just toss them. Still, be wary of those moments - it's a slippery slope.

Made it through a busy week and ready for the weekend. My wife, my dog and I are all ready for spring to come to our house - my yard is still covered in snow, and I think my dog has forgotten what it's like to run around and chase the frisbee.

My son is home from college for the week. We'll get to see him for a bit, but he's got his own life. I'm blessed with 2 great kids - smart, hardworking and honest - if they are the future, we are in good shape.

Teebee, we must be close - you seem to get almost the same weather as me. I'm just an hour or so NE of NYC.

Have a great weekend everyone!

MITA
Old 03-28-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

69 days+ 3days, I have seen some people post like this. work this weekend
Old 03-28-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good morning. Today marks nine weeks sober for me. That is nine weekends without any alcohol!!!

Not much new here. My wife got a great report from the doctor and was very happy with her progress. It was a very warm spring day here and more of the same is forecast!

It's off to the gym and then another day at work for me.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Januarians
Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi all. Sitting at a basketball game. Pretty good day for the kids. My 7 yo scored her first goal at indoor soccer and my son is having a good basketball tournament.

Stay strong. I'm having a few things going on that are triggers so I just keep up the mantra "don't take the first drink"
Old 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi everyone,

Seems like N/E & Midwest having a real long winter. I hope Spring pulls it's socks up and gets going for Easter.
No more snow for you MITA

Glad your kids doing well Teebee. My youngest daughter (23 yrs) has been accepted for a work exchange programme and is going to a place called Ocean City in Maryland in May. I Googled it and it looks quite a swanky seaside resort. She will be waiting tables.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyones weekend is great

D
Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Ocean City MD - I've been there - a pretty nice shore town. When I lived in MD we went there but then I moved to PA. We usually go to Ocean City NJ - but MD is nice. It gets very hot down there - especially if she's used to UK weather. It's very "east coast summer vacation spot" not sure what you mean byu Swanky - it's not too expensive. She should have a good time - there's a lot of kids that come from Eastern Europe as well for the summer. Is she coming with another friend or anything? I hope she has a good experience.

Watching March madness - which is a college basketball tournement for all of you Aussies. It's fun to watch and talk about at work.

Have a good nite all.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey hey hey!

Jojo is still in the game! 70 freaking days, baby!!!! YEAH!!!!!

I'm tired and lots to say but my Momma is here visiting and I need to find time. Just heading off to bed but I have lots to share when I can find a few minutes to sort out my thoughts and put it all down in text.

That protective pink cloud I've heard about has done worn off and I've discovered much about my life that was sucking but I've gone way out of my way to fix it. Will share more when I can... but to all my peeps here in January class stay strong and hang in there!

Jojo
Old 03-29-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

ok, i have my sign, my 69 days turned sideways. I will carry it forever to remind me of better days to come. My birthday is in july so i thought it very fitting... day 4
Old 03-29-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats JoJo

D
Old 03-29-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
Hey hey hey!

Jojo is still in the game! 70 freaking days, baby!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Jojo
This made my morning! Great job on 70 days!

Nor much new here another day at work coming up. The weather here has been awesome here for the last few days and there are a lot of things I'd rather be doing besides working.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone, it's 7:55pm here and still light just about - we had Daylieght Savings during the night.

Teebee there is another girl on the programme that my daughter knows -they have a month to get to know each other better

SisterBobby maybe it's my dirty mind but your new Avatar made me laugh

Great stuff Jojo
Old 03-29-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh its gone midnight.

DAY 90!

90 days

Three calender months

No booze

I am a weak person

so if I can do it you can too