Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 11

Old 02-15-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lol! That is fantastic. I think I will make it my phone back ground for the day.

Sorry that pic is so huge! I need to invest in a new laptop soon.
edit......made it smaller.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ChickChick, it really does feel like a wrestling match sometimes.....but it seems that if we can ever fight through a few of those episodes we do, in fact, get stronger. How great for you to wake up to cinnamon roles and snuggles with your kiddo rather than a hangover, anxiety and regret! Your deliberate approach is an inspiration to me.

I would like to have some chickens. Can't do that in my neighborhood though. There's a piece of property behind my house I wouldnt mind having....it's got the best old barn on it.

Ok, time to make the Kroger run for buttermilk. Seems that I need that for cornbread...and this is an eat all the carbs I want day!!!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Good morning all. I'm going to stick close to you all today if that is ok. AV was a bear yesterday. I expect today may be the same. I think it wanted me to isolate myself today, so I'm doing the opposite.

Snuggle in, ChickChick.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Sorry guys. Embarrassed.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nice to see you, Briar. You are among friends here. We get it.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Soooo glad to see you with us this morning Briar!!!

Stick around today....I'm off to Kroger for ground turkey and buttermilk. Anyone got a great cornbread recipe?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Come get 'em.... they won't last long!

From- we have just been having them for eggs, but as many roosters as I've hatched lately I think some are going to end up in the freezer.
OMG. Those could turn me into. Cinnabonaholic!!! They look amazing!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No recipe here FAD. But I do have a new snow shovel and some Lysol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-814593166.jpg (35.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-15-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Arbor, I missed that your family was sick! You must be exhausted with that and having to do plowing. I hope you have escaped the cooties.

FAD, you are so dedicated to your workouts. You deserve a carb day!

Hi Briar. I hope you don't feel too poorly today. Hugs.

Soberleigh, you are so comforting to have here. You give me such hope. Thanks for supporting us.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
No recipe here FAD. But I do have a new snow shovel and some Lysol.
Well Arbor I guess it's a start!

Here's my snow shovel....you can borrow it if you like!

Last edited by Mark1014; 02-16-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good to see you this morning Briar. You don't have to be embarrassed with us, we know all about it. We'very been there and done that. Just put it behind you and move forward. You can do this!

I am so glad I have 5 other people in the house to ear all of those cinnamon rolls! Otherwise I'd be in big trouble. Lol.

I think most of my AV lately is because of winter blues. I am definitely looking forward to spring. I'm ready for long walks and time spent outdoors. Trying a different supplement to try and combat the mood, I think it is helping a tad.

Arbor I wish I could loan you my boys they would have it all shoveled in no time. Around here we are lucky to have loaders and tractors to remove the snow. We really have hardly had any this year though (knock on wood!). Stay warm!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
FAD, you are so dedicated to your workouts. You deserve a carb day!.
Phoebe, I've got a goal to be in my best form ever by the time I'm fifty! Gonna do it too. I'm amazed at how much easier it is to make gains since I stopped drinking. Who'd a thunk it?

The diet I use includes one carb day per week. I generally do that on the weekend. Works out great.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Phoebe your snow is ridiculous. I have cousins that live close to Ipswich and it's well past the windows. It's not as bad here in CT, but I did have to shovel the roof yesterday. The winds right now are the concern. Trees down and power outages are real. Definitely don't want to loose power in the bitter cold of winter. That equates to no heat.

Everyone's taking a nap but me. Gotta keep at it for a bit. The sun is out. Time for some more vitamin D.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I hope you keep power, Arbor!

FAD, when I was on track 4 years ago, I actually lost over 50 pounds and was feeling great, and was 46, after 2 babies. Not bikini body fit, but feeling healthy and within a normal BMI, and I did pretty low carb. Then, in the late summer of 2013, I also got sober for a bit and quit grains, aka Wheat Belly style. That was the best I had felt in a long time too.

Trying to get back to it. I will never be buff, not in my genes, but I do notice that any inflammatory issues, like joint aches and pains, feel so much better without the grains in my diet, especially wheat.

All these storms do make it challenging to keep a routine, and to get out to get fresh produce/fish/chicken as often as I do at other times of the year. And, I tend to want hot food, more than cold salads. Nevermind that the grill is buried, lol.

Tried to bribe my son(11) and his buddies to dig out that deck. They quit, declaring, "It is not worth it!" I had said I would give $5 to each of them. They don't care! I may still make them all some brownies later for their efforts. They tried, but it was wildly windy and cold.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Phoebe,
Seeing your pics makes me think I may contact my relatives in Newton, Mass. to check on them. I don't have the clothes for your kind of weather. I've got gloves somewhere....I think in the back of my sock drawer. I don't even have thermal underwear.

I don't blame your boys....it showed y'all's windchill on the news. Where do y'all like to vacation? You should consider Destin, FL. It's GREAT.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Haha. We have been to Orlando with the kids twice, and Miami and Key West before kids. Love me some SoCal too! Is Destin a Gulf town? I would like to try a gulf beach area sometime. Florida is nice because it is not such a long flight. We like Cape Cod in summer as well as the New Hamphire White Mountains.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

.....my test didn't work.

Was trying to post a photo using Google + like V...
Old 02-15-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Haha. We have been to Orlando with the kids twice, and Miami and Key West before kids. Love me some SoCal too! Is Destin a Gulf town? I would like to try a gulf beach area sometime. Florida is nice because it is not such a long flight. We like Cape Cod in summer as well as the New Hamphire White Mountains.
Yes, a gulf town. The area is known as the emerald coast...the water is gorgeous and warm. I know some good condos and homes if you're ever interested. We generally go in June. You should google Seaside....it is a nice place to stay. We do thanksgiving there sometimes. Never spent much time in Mass., but got to see 'the old man on the mountain' in New Hampshire before he crumbled. My son is moving to NYC this summer, so will be spending more time in the northeast. California may be my favorite, I like the central coast and Yosemite best.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I don't have an iPhone, but on my iPad i have to screenshot things and then use the crop feature in the photo edit until I get it small enough. There's probably a better way, but I'm not techy.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Man... Every time I log in here, I feel like I forgot that I ate already! Those cinnamon rolls look so goooood!

Sorry to hear the wife and little one are under the weather, Arbor. Stomach bugs are no fun at all. I hope you stay well and that they're feeling much better very soon.

Venus, I'm so glad you got some relief from the doctor. I hope you're resting well today.

This is a no worries zone, Briar. I'm glad you're here.

Church, workout, cleaning, now meal-prepping for the week...taxes tonight...bleh. The holiday's officially over when the taxes start I guess. Lol
Big hugs all around